PDA

View Full Version : Lunacy in Laguna Niguel

Anteater
07-08-06, 01:01 PM
Orange County, CA has a reputation for being stuffy and conservative, but there are enough rebels around to create and maintain a tradition like this:
http://www.moonamtrak.org/

:cool: It's a lot of fun!

racermike
07-08-06, 02:19 PM
Hahaha

Silly Californian's

Rob
07-08-06, 03:38 PM
:cool: It's a lot of fun!
The pictures are too small. Which one is you? ;)

Fitti Fan
07-08-06, 03:42 PM
Now we know why those damn trains can't stay on the tracks!

Anteater
07-09-06, 09:36 PM
This was in the local paper today:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/local/article_1207104.php

When the Register reporter visited the event yesterday, it looks as though it was early on and fairly tame. Unfortunately, Mr. Anteater and I didn't get to the mooning until close to 6:00 pm. What we saw was nothing like what we experienced in '02 (no, I'm not in any of the photos!). "Moon the Amtrak Day" has gotten much too big; cars and RVs were parked along the road for a mile-and-a-half-long stretch. There were hundreds of people; we could hardly drive down Camino Capistrano for the crowd. 90% of the people were drunken male *******s (as Mr. A put it), and it was rather scary, with fights breaking out and guys banging on the window asking for rides while trying to balance their beers. We decided that we wanted no part of this mayhem, and got the heck out of there.

In short, it was a bummer. Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that. :p

oddlycalm
07-10-06, 02:26 PM
Sounds like the problem is that it's on a specific day so the drunk azzwipes show up. Should be every day in every community. Almost train time? Let's go moon the Amtrak. Need a break from work? Lets go moon the Amtrak. If everyone made the answer to every question "lets go moon the Amtrak" it would be a better world.... :gomer:

oc

indyfan31
07-10-06, 10:50 PM
I think it should be more like a "flash mob" (pun completely intentional), no scheduled mooning, just a quick email or IM with only a few hours to prepare.

Anteater
07-11-06, 01:31 PM
If everyone made the answer to every question "lets go moon the Amtrak" it would be a better world.... :gomer:

oc
oc gets it! :cool:

One of my coworkers went to the mooning; he had a fine time there. When I told him what time we arrived at the event, he burst out laughing and asked me what on Earth were we thinking of!?! He was there at 9:30 am, and it was the idyllic scene that the OC Register reporter described. Lesson learned!