PDA

View Full Version : More musings from RM

dando
07-06-06, 02:00 PM
This one covers the gamut, so I'm sticking it here. A good read with some interesting tidbits.

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/27952/

MORE TONY: During last weekend's IRL race at Kansas City, Honda's Robert Clarke spent many hours meeting with team owners and George. Not sure about the subject matter but it had to be fairly important since Tony flew back to K.C. AFTER waving the checkered flag at the USGP to have one more meeting with Clarke.

Hmmm.....

-Kevin

cameraman
07-06-06, 02:09 PM
Which reminds me, among his other failings as a human being, that sob isn't even capable of waving a checkered flag properly :shakehead

dando
07-06-06, 03:22 PM
Which reminds me, among his other failings as a human being, that sob isn't even capable of waving a checkered flag properly :shakehead
His physical gifts match his mental and verbal 'gifts'. :D

-Kevin

Don Quixote
07-06-06, 04:55 PM
I bet Clarke was just telling the team owners and TG about how happy Honda is with the whole IRL thing, including the massive crowds and ratings. He was also letting them know that the huge checks are gonna keep on coming well into the future. :gomer:

nrc
07-06-06, 06:58 PM
This can only mean one thing: Vision racing to ALMS with Honda power!

eiregosod
07-06-06, 07:21 PM
I bet Clarke was just telling the team owners and TG about how happy Honda is with the whole IRL thing, including the massive crowds and ratings. He was also letting them know that the huge checks are gonna keep on coming well into the future. :gomer:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

extramundane
07-06-06, 07:32 PM
This can only mean one thing: Vision racing to ALMS with Honda power!

I guess it's time for Travis & SOG to get that "In Roger We Trust" t-shirt ready for me then. :cry:

:D

FanofMario
07-06-06, 11:39 PM
We can only hope Clarke told them that turbos are good..

I liked this from RM:

RED, WHITE AND BLEW BY YOU: Judging by the reaction of the fans at Portland and Cleveland, they like the idea of a young American driver kicking ass. :thumbup:

Napoleon
07-07-06, 06:20 AM
So why would Champcar give up its June date at Milwaukee?

pchall
07-07-06, 06:43 AM
So why would Champcar give up its June date at Milwaukee?

Miller, bless his nostalgic little heart, cleary still believes that "after Indy we all go to Milwaukee". :gomer: Afterall, if everything would just go back to the way things were pre-1996 and Champ Car disappeared the IRL would be instantly sucessful! ;) This is the same tune played a decade ago when the gomers thought returning to status quo ante CART [pre-1979] all would be wonderful. That's what Anton the Lesser promised them with the IRL. :p

But isn't the current contract finished? I do remember, however, a quote from Kalhoven right after this year's race in which he indicated that the improvements with the new promoter for the Mile and the event weekend itself merited continuing the race.

TKGAngel
07-07-06, 08:10 AM
We can only hope Clarke told them that turbos are good..

I liked this from RM:

RED, WHITE AND BLEW BY YOU: Judging by the reaction of the fans at Portland and Cleveland, they like the idea of a young American driver kicking ass.

:thumbup:

There's an article linked on the CCWS site from the Ottawa Sun, which claims that if PT and Dinger line up on the front row for Sunday's race it would be the first all-Toronto front row in the race's history. I guess Dinger's an honorary Canadian now, since he's marrying a nice Canadian girl and moving to Toronto.

devilmaster
07-07-06, 10:05 AM
I guess Dinger's an honorary Canadian now, since he's marrying a nice Canadian girl and moving to Toronto.

He was the 'player to be named later' in the Celine Dion trade.......

;)

TKGAngel
07-07-06, 10:14 AM
He was the 'player to be named later' in the Celine Dion trade.......

;)

I think the US got the fuzzy end of that lollipop.

Spicoli
07-07-06, 11:33 AM
good read. Jenson "I never won a race" Button. :rofl: