PDA

View Full Version : Spec tires, Spec ECU in 2008

nrc
07-06-06, 12:30 AM
Bridgestone tires. Microsoft ECUs. Let the crashing commence.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/27956/

Tony George
07-06-06, 12:46 AM
Bridgestone tires. Microsoft ECUs. Let the crashing commence.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/27956/

Will they have to reboot the car multiple times during the race after it shuts down for no reason? :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
07-06-06, 07:26 AM
Whoa, all you have to do is go through your forwarded e-mails from like 1997 for that "GM comments on Microsoft" e-mail and you'll have all sorts of material for this announcement!

Cam
07-06-06, 07:29 AM
Will they have to reboot the car multiple times during the race after it shuts down for no reason? :confused:

First time a race car will crash without hitting anything.

Boatdesigner
07-06-06, 09:15 AM
Three more buttons on the steering wheel . . . Ctrl-Alt-Delete! I think they will also have to add a small video screen for the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).

racer2c
07-06-06, 09:58 AM
My X-Box hasn't crashed once. :)

Speaking of video games. M$ is contractually unable to create an F1 game for PC or console as Sony has the lock on that for it's PlayStation (2 & 3). I'm not sure when that contract is up though.

indyfan31
07-06-06, 10:21 AM
:laugh: Wait til they figure out they have to push the START button to turn it off.

devilmaster
07-06-06, 10:52 AM
Speaking of video games. M$ is contractually unable to create an F1 game for PC or console as Sony has the lock on that for it's PlayStation (2 & 3). I'm not sure when that contract is up though.

Based on CART Precision Racing, M$ should never be allowed to make an OW racing game again. ever. (although the cd does make a nice coaster)

Tifosi24
07-06-06, 11:21 AM
Based on CART Precision Racing, M$ should never be allowed to make an OW racing game again. ever. (although the cd does make a nice coaster)

Instead of using it as a coaster, you should have mailed it in for a free copy of Viper Racing six or so years ago. Now that was a sweet racing game that has stood the test of time. I should install that again one of these days.

Spicoli
07-06-06, 11:37 AM
First time a race car will crash without hitting anything.

Money Shot. :thumbup:

:rofl: