View Full Version : 47 days of treatment helps Ashley's marriage to Dario

TRANSAM
07-05-06, 11:04 PM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=226682&GT1=7701

Hee!

Why are all the pretty ones crazy?

racer2c
07-05-06, 11:11 PM
I know she didn't want Dashly to go to the IRL, but...damn!

Judd says her relationships, including her marriage to race-car driver Dario Franchitti, have improved.

"It's so simple really: I was unhappy and now I'm happy," she says. "Now, even when I'm having a rough day, it's better than my best day before treatment."

Yeah, it's called "everything is peachy on Prozac".

"When (the counselors) approached me about treatment, they said, `No one ever does an intervention on people like you. You look too good; you're too smart and together. But you (and Wynonna) come from the same family — so you come from the same wound.' No one had ever validated my pain before. It was so profound," she says.

Typical Hollywood psychobable. Do like us regular folks; self medicate and shut up. :)

indyfan31
07-06-06, 12:03 AM
Typical Hollywood psychobable. Do like us regular folks; self medicate and shut up. :)
You know, I figured at some point, a college education would kick in and peak the BS meter.

nrc
07-06-06, 12:06 AM
"When (the counselors) approached me about treatment, they said, `No one ever does an intervention on people like you. You look too good; you're too smart and together. But you (and Wynonna) come from the same family — so you come from the same wound.' No one had ever validated my pain before. It was so profound," she says.At least they got to her before the Scientologists.

Fitti Fan
07-06-06, 01:38 AM
That whole family is addicted to 12-step programs, treatment, and having to tell the whole world about it. Maybe they should be in treatment for that?

CARTNUT
07-06-06, 04:14 AM
My dad died when I was 8. My mom used to whip me with wire coat hangers. I went to therapy and they told me I was a victim -- of my own perfectionism. Now, finally, I'm happy! (Except now I have to work so hard at not being perfect and it's NOT EASY!) I feel for you Ashley! Could you send me a few bucks? :rolleyes:

Sincerely,
CARTNUT

FTG
07-06-06, 07:12 AM
That whole family is addicted to 12-step programs, treatment, and having to tell the whole world about it. Maybe they should be in treatment for that?

Or run for president.

spinner26
07-06-06, 08:07 AM
WTFE! :cry: :rolleyes:

KLang
07-06-06, 09:04 AM
"codependence in my relationships; depression, blaming, raging, numbing, denying and minimizing my feelings."

Is that an actual medical diagnosis? :saywhat: :shakehead

Wabbit
07-06-06, 11:01 AM
"codependence in my relationships; depression, blaming, raging, numbing, denying and minimizing my feelings."

Is that an actual medical diagnosis? :saywhat: :shakehead

I'm sure someone is "inventing" a drug for this "disease". :rolleyes:

racer2c
07-06-06, 11:23 AM
I’m not demeaning serious clinically diagnosed depression. Depression is an illness that at it’s worse can be debilitating and even life threatening which may require medication (SSRI’s) and therapy to reverse.

I just get a chuckle out of the numerous ‘stars’ that disclose their dysfunctional life in what seems to me to be more for a validation among their peers than any other reason. What did Ashley think she was doing revealing this tidbit? That others who have the same problems will seek help? Ok, it’s hard to knock that sentiment but I missed that in the article. All I read was “me, me, me”.

Although, I’m not a big a Hollywood fan to begin with. I have my favorite ‘thespians’ and directors and heck, I can even enjoy a cheesy sci-fi flick, but please Hollywood, spare me your politics, dysfunctional childhoods and rehab stories. Take a look at the four Ferrari’s in your garage, your house on top of Mullholland Drive and the 50foot yacht you take to Catalina and then let me know how bad your life is (queue violin music).

/blog

cart7
07-06-06, 11:26 AM
The IRL is now depressing the wives of the drivers. Perhaps Ash can help all the other drivers wives come out of the closet and get help.

It must suck being married to a man that hates going around in circles all year round.

racer2c
07-06-06, 11:31 AM
The IRL is now depressing the wives of the drivers. Perhaps Ash can help all the other drivers wives come out of the closet and get help.

It must suck being married to a man that hates going around in circles all year round.

...losing. :D

Gangrel
07-06-06, 11:31 AM
At least they got to her before the Scientologists.

Nahh...they ain't worried about the Earlers. They're targeting the NASCAB crowd.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10729&highlight=dianetics

:D

KLang
07-06-06, 11:32 AM
Could this be actual documented proof that watching earl races is bad for you?

Need to come up with a name for this..........

extramundane
07-06-06, 11:38 AM

"...Which would also apply to the dreaded "social anxiety disorder," or, as we used to call it, shyness. And we treated it with an old home recipe -- Scotch and water."

Spicoli
07-06-06, 11:40 AM
And WE think WE have prollems? :saywhat:

Skank. :gomer:

TKGAngel
07-06-06, 12:12 PM
So I take it y'all don't want a further recap when my Glamour comes in the mail? Or only unless there's juicy tidbits about Dario? ;)

racer2c
07-06-06, 12:13 PM
"Glamour George? Glamour?"

"It was there!"

High Sided
07-06-06, 12:30 PM
:cry: poor ashly :cry:

translation... i'm getting old :rofl:

oddlycalm
07-06-06, 12:33 PM
Shades of Hope Treatment Center in Buffalo Gap, Texas sound like something somebody made up for a comedy script. Wonder if they treat nosepicking and NASCAR-is-racing delusion syndrome...?

oc

Fitti Fan
07-06-06, 12:59 PM

I think there already is one, chloroform?

dando
07-06-06, 01:22 PM
Damn. I knew life was bad fer Kintucky Mildcats fans, but Jeebus.... :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Fitti Fan
07-06-06, 02:57 PM
And how soon will she be on Larry King?

Spicoli
07-06-06, 03:19 PM
Hey, Ashley!?

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/finger007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Fitti Fan
07-06-06, 03:22 PM
You know, I really believe it's Dario who should have been in treatment for depression. The poor guy's career took an immediate dump when he got engaged!

KLang
07-06-06, 03:26 PM
And how soon will she be on Larry King?

Won't be long. Her sister was on not too long ago to talk about getting out of treatment for her over-eating disorder. Didn't she have treatment for alcohol before that?

cartman
07-07-06, 05:30 PM
Well, I feel bad for poor Ashley. I'd be really depressed and maybe even suicidal if I was stuck being married to a conceited cry baby jerk like Diarrheo Franshitti.