PDA

View Full Version : Go to TF

Pages : [1] 2

L1P1
07-03-06, 07:46 PM

Why?

1) TF, despite a lot of lemming threads, is a good board run by good people.

2) They're united, we're somewhat divided (message board-wise) and they don't see our unity.

3) Any outsider looking at TF might conclude that Champ Car has no support.

4) Given the state of both series', the lines have become somewhat blurred. Like myself, you might find someone on the other side that you agree with (they're not all mindless).

5) Give 'em what for. With the proper etiquette, of course. Don't post new threads bashing the IRL on the IRL board. But don't shy away from defending Champ Car there. (better done on their "Racing Business Board"). BUT NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

6) They asked where all the Champ Car fans are. Let's show 'em.

If there is to be unification, there needs to be an understanding between the fan bases. But it's not just about that. It's about having some fun too.

(and pass it along...)

matthole
07-03-06, 07:51 PM
1) TF .... is a good board run by good people.

No it isn't.

L1P1
07-03-06, 07:54 PM
No it isn't.

Elaborate, please.

Cam
07-03-06, 08:27 PM
I am locked out there. I joined several years ago and posted twice... on the Oval/Dirt tracking board, asking for advise on setting up a proposal to get an up and coming kid some sponsorship for his sprint car.

I never posted on the IRL board or the CC board, or in Mergerville/Splitzville or whatver they want to call it now. (Mind you I think at the time I joined it didn't exist) I exchanged a couple of (very pleasant) PM's with mnkywrench and that is my total communication on TF. I can log in, it shows me new posts since my last visit, however I am still unable to use the board other than viewing.

Explain to me how that works? :saywhat:

L1P1
07-03-06, 08:37 PM
I am locked out there. I joined several years ago and posted twice... on the Oval/Dirt tracking board, asking for advise on setting up a proposal to get an up and coming kid some sponsorship for his sprint car.

I never posted on the IRL board or the CC board, or in Mergerville/Splitzville or whatver they want to call it now. (Mind you I think at the time I joined it didn't exist) I exchanged a couple of (very pleasant) PM's with mnkywrench and that is my total communication on TF. I can log in, it shows me new posts since my last visit, however I am still unable to use the board other than viewing.

Explain to me how that works? :saywhat:

I dunno. I'm on my second username there myself. Just a technical screwup. Technological wizards, they may not be. But I guarantee you didn't get banned for that. It had to have been a screwup because I know I have really walked the line there.

Or maybe it's a cookie thing.

Cam
07-03-06, 08:40 PM
Or maybe it's a cookie thing.

Work computer. Home Desktop computer. Laptop. Same result. I doubt that cookie is following me around.... :gomer:

L1P1
07-03-06, 08:45 PM
Work computer. Home Desktop computer. Laptop. Same result. I doubt that cookie is following me around.... :gomer:

I was thinking maybe an IP thing too, but your reply blows that theory as well. Just register again. That's what I did. My case was very similar to yours.

Use another name, of course. But I believe CamKing is taken. ;)

Al Czervik
07-03-06, 09:00 PM
Not going to get into details, but TF is the most unevenly moderated board around.

L1P1
07-03-06, 09:04 PM
Oh, c'mon. I'm banned from CCF and am in (relatively) good standing at TF despite being much harder there.

pchall
07-03-06, 09:10 PM
No it isn't.

You're right.

L1P1
07-03-06, 09:12 PM
Okay, look. Truth Detector wants Champ Car fans. He's asking for it.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78255

You want to mix that place up a little bit? Or sit here on the community forum thinking of reasons why it can't be done?

Spicoli
07-03-06, 09:17 PM
Axe dem if they will set up an account for me.

JT265
07-03-06, 09:18 PM

You want to mix that place up a little bit? Or sit here on the community forum thinking of reasons why it can't be done?

I'll vote option "B" please. Place is a dump unless you genuflect toward everything and all things Hulman. And of course the skewered opinions of the management.

L1P1
07-03-06, 09:23 PM
Axe dem if they will set up an account for me.

Do you have a history wid dem? Can you not get around it? All I personally ask is NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. Otherwise, honorably uphold the faith on treacherous ground. Take it to them.

racer2c
07-03-06, 09:24 PM
They banned me before my first post.

TF is a cesspool with 90% fathead gomers who can't tell what version of the vision they need to agree or disagree with.

No thanks, you can have it. :thumdown:

Wally
07-03-06, 09:29 PM
There is no shortages of Champ Car fans....and there is a reason the majority don't go there. You pick up a turd yada yada....... :shakehead

I'll pass.

L1P1
07-03-06, 09:31 PM
I'll vote option "B" please. Place is a dump unless you genuflect toward everything and all things Hulman. And of course the skewered opinions of the management.

Well, you got yer Hulmans and yer other Hulmans. But the CCWS board needn't concern itself with either. And if there isn't enough Hulman talk, it would be a pretty lame reason to take any sort of action.

Elmo T
07-03-06, 09:34 PM

I don't post a great deal here or otherwise, but a quick check of that thread clears up why I don't even lurk there.

racer2c
07-03-06, 09:40 PM
I don't post a great deal here or otherwise, but a quick check of that thread clears up why I don't even lurk there.

I think it was a troll.

L1P1
07-03-06, 09:43 PM

If only two people that posted here had posted to that thread, it would be different. It would be a stand. Instead, six people post that they'll do nothing.

L1P1
07-03-06, 09:44 PM
I think it was a troll.

What if it was a troll that got out of hand....

L1P1
07-03-06, 10:09 PM
Never mind.

Y'all talk a good game here.

You won't take it outside though.

racer2c
07-03-06, 10:22 PM
Never mind.

The days of talking in circles trying educate lemmings were left back on 7G. RIP.

Now we just hate on each other. :)

Basically it's two groups, those who like JV and those who don't. those who don't also hate DaMatta and love Toyota, flip it for the other side.

Then there's the ol' street race haters and the oval haters.

See, we have our hands full here. :)

L1P1
07-03-06, 10:45 PM
The days of talking in circles trying educate lemmings were left back on 7G. RIP.

Lemmings on 7G? Brickman, maybe. He had my respect. A guy who could go to a hostile board and cohabitate while getting his point across at the same time.

But for it's time, 7G might as well have been Jack Arute's board.

Sean O'Gorman
07-03-06, 10:55 PM
I would like to find a Champ Car forum where I can do nothing but insult people and call them childish names. Any suggestions?

WickerBill
07-03-06, 10:56 PM
I'd like to put in my two cents.

Remember Speednet forums? Remember SpeedVision forums? Remember 7G pre-moderation?

There is value in safe havens; there is value in elimination of temptation. If the possibility of all-out flame wars is reduced by putting the Hatfields on one forum and the McCoys on another, then it should be so.

Without question, a forum that claims to welcome fans on either side will immediately grow in both membership and quantity of posts, and will undoubtedly become one of the most active sports forums -- but at what cost? When someone wants to find a CC or IRL forum, they will find the combined one, and the venom will drive them away. That is not what most want, in my opinion; hence the creation of OC when 7G began allowing more and more flame wars to erupt.

Truth Detector wants us? And we're to accept the invitation of one of the most brutal flamers (excuse the expression) on the IRLs side? Has he changed? Hit his head really hard? Been in a coma? Lost his memory?

If the two series join, this subject will have to be broached again, but for now, I'd have to disagree with the sentiment of this post....

WB

RusH
07-03-06, 11:14 PM
This sort of reminds me when Penske jumped ship to give credibility to the other side. Lets just not.

They want to claim to have racing fans from all series?...but they don`t...and they won`t. :thumdown:

The "reds" get away with stuff you would not believe. Check some locked threads.

Cam
07-03-06, 11:16 PM
Remember 7G pre-moderation?

Pardon my ignorance. I was an early member on 7G, but I always thought the moderation was there... well... until the ugly end that is. :confused:

L1P1
07-03-06, 11:19 PM
I'd like to put in my two cents.

Remember Speednet forums? Remember SpeedVision forums? Remember 7G pre-moderation?

yes, yes, and no.

There is value in safe havens

I agree. Look at my original post.

there is value in elimination of temptation. If the possibility of all-out flame wars is reduced by putting the Hatfields on one forum and the McCoys on another, then it should be so.

That's not the point. It's not like the hatfields or mccoys, but the replublicrats and the demublicans.

Without question, a forum that claims to welcome fans on either side will immediately grow in both membership and quantity of posts, and will undoubtedly become one of the most active sports forums -- but at what cost?

A valid question, but let's consider "at what benefit" as well...

When someone wants to find a CC or IRL forum, they will find the combined one, and the venom will drive them away. That is not what most want, in my opinion; hence the creation of OC when 7G began allowing more and more flame wars to erupt.

If that's your opinion, then you need to be a CCF. They rule the universe in CC optimism.

Truth Detector wants us? And we're to accept the invitation of one of the most brutal flamers (excuse the expression) on the IRLs side? Has he changed? Hit his head really hard? Been in a coma? Lost his memory?

Have you been beaten by TD before? What are you worried about? Why can't you take your message to a hostile neighborhood?

extramundane
07-03-06, 11:22 PM
Never mind.

Whatever, dude. TF is one of only two places (can't,,,recall,,,the name of the other,,,,one) I've seen people get pre-banned simply for participation on other fora.

I'll pass, thanks.

L1P1
07-03-06, 11:46 PM
Whatever, dude. TF is one of only two places (can't,,,recall,,,the name of the other,,,,one) I've seen people get pre-banned simply for participation on other fora.

I'll pass, thanks.

If I owned a forum, I would prevent certain people from posting. But apparently TF doesn't have that problem because everyone they don't want gives up before they need to consider the question.

nrc
07-03-06, 11:52 PM

I'll pass, thanks.

Actually, we have some people pre-banned. OC is a forum for Champ car enthusiasts. If we know from experience that someone isn't a Champ car enthusiast, or at the very least a racing fan who is friendly to Champ car enthusiasts, their account here will never be approved.

We make no pretense of being a racing forum for everyone.

Fitti Fan
07-03-06, 11:58 PM
Quite frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of postings here as of late. Would rather see all our lurkers and quiet folks opening up a bit more here than tell them to post somewhere else!

BTW, WB knows what he's talking about when discussing 7G moderation or lack thereof. ;)

Twisty Bits
07-04-06, 12:11 AM
Quite frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of postings here as of late. Would rather see all our lurkers and quiet folks opening up a bit more here than tell them to post somewhere else!

BTW, WB knows what he's talking about when discussing 7G moderation or lack thereof. ;)

I can work with that. ;) :D

Cam
07-04-06, 12:16 AM
I can work with that. ;) :D

You bloody should! :gomer: ;)

SteveH
07-04-06, 12:20 AM
TD's a good guy. But that's not enough to get me to post at TF. He's outnumbered. TF is viciously biased. Yeah, they want my business. :rolleyes:

Twisty Bits
07-04-06, 12:24 AM
You bloody should! :gomer: ;)

Well, if you say so. :cool:

Cam
07-04-06, 12:26 AM
Well, if you say so. :cool:
:thumbup: :)

Kahauna Dreamer
07-04-06, 12:36 AM
If I owned a forum, I would prevent certain people from posting. But apparently TF doesn't have that problem because everyone they don't want gives up before they need to consider the question.

That's total bulls#it.
Pre-banned from TF since 2002

Cam
07-04-06, 12:41 AM
NM

Kahauna Dreamer
07-04-06, 12:44 AM
Would rather see all our lurkers and quiet folks opening up a bit more here than tell them to post somewhere else!

I'm truly sorry—I know a handful and deeply respect all of the folks here, but it's threads like this and comments like the "Y'all-talk-a-good-game" thing that keep me away.

Why would I want to go where I am not welcome?

devilmaster
07-04-06, 01:01 AM
<-- Am a member of TF with probably 10 posts.

Would take a a really good bender to post there again. I haven't the will to sit there and argue with people who have a different viewpoint and will not leave it. I love debate (being a politician and all) but if there is no budge from either side, its two brick walls talking to each other.

Why bother? I've noticed the lack of posters here (and the lack of certain posters that used to frequent here) from time to time, and some have found solace at other forums, and that's fine. Someone once asked me why i didn't bother posting at another Champcar forum and I honestly said, its because I feel at home here. I'm sure everyone has that forum where they feel most comfortable. If it isn't OC, that's cool.

FCYTravis
07-04-06, 01:02 AM
Quite frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of postings here as of late.
I think there's a couple reasons. One is that there's not nearly the amount of rumors and silliness going on as there used to be in the pre-Kalkhoven era - so there's not as much fodder for forum fun.

The other is that, speaking personally, I've lost a lot of interest in Champ Car because of where they're going with their strategy. I wish them well but I just don't follow it like I used to. So I don't talk about it as much as I used to. Given what you've noticed, I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

hootyhoo
07-04-06, 01:10 AM
I am dumber for reading this thread.

Cam
07-04-06, 01:13 AM
Someone once asked me why i didn't bother posting at another Champcar forum and I honestly said, its because I feel at home here.

I just poked my nose in at another CC forum, and frankly....

Excuse me while I take a shower.

Lizzerd
07-04-06, 01:23 AM
I go to TF for entertainment value and when I'm in a good mood and want to get pizzed off about something. Maybe once or twice a week. I'm registered and as far as I know, in good standing (but maybe not now). But, I really have no desire to contribute to a forum that worships the likes of a handful of internet idiots whose names you have likely seen and have been ridiculed elsewhere.

JT265
07-04-06, 01:24 AM

See? Anything's possible. :laugh:

And as usual, the boss nails it. :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
07-04-06, 01:27 AM
I'm truly sorry—I know a handful and deeply respect all of the folks here, but it's threads like this and comments like the "Y'all-talk-a-good-game" thing that keep me away.

Why would I want to go where I am not welcome?

Exactly.

There are plenty of forums on the net. If someone wants to frequent TF, fine. Just don't expect or ask me to. Running this place is how we show our support for ChampCar. We're not cheerleaders, we just want to have a bit of the net to run a CCWS site for folks who want to hang here. We really don't care about what other forums are doing.

Bob_S.
07-04-06, 01:31 AM
Why, oh why, does this smell like a set-up? :rolleyes:
TF needs posters, folks who like Champ Car or can think for themselves? Since when? :rofl:

JT265
07-04-06, 01:35 AM
Why, oh why, does this smell like a set-up? :rolleyes:
TF needs posters, folks who like Champ Car or can think for themselves? Since when? :rofl:

Target practice for the brownshirts is my guess. Prolly the most even-handed fan I ever knew was Railbird :( and even he was about tired of being used as a whipping boy by the blind followers of brother Paff et al.

greenie
07-04-06, 01:39 AM
1) TF, despite a lot of lemming threads, is a good board run by good people.

Is this open mic night? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This thread starts and stops w/that absurdity. :gomer:

Cam
07-04-06, 01:43 AM
Target practice for the brownshirts is my guess. Prolly the most even-handed fan I ever knew was Railbird :( and even he was about tired of being used as a whipping boy by the blind followers of brother Paff et al.

John was fondly remembered and cheers where liberally held up often this past weekend. :)

I often wonder what his take would now be on the situation as it is right now. It was wonderful to finally run into Nick yesterday. That said, the posting quality and lemming control over at TF took a serious hit when we lost him. :(

nrc
07-04-06, 02:32 AM
Never mind.

I'm trying to figure but what your point is with this. Given that there are only so many hours in a day, and we only get to spend so many of them on forums talking about racing, are you proposing that Champ car fans would be better served to spend even a portion of that time on Track Forum? If so, why?

Do you think that having Champ car fans post there would be proving a point? To whom? Who really thinks that the activity level of a Champ car forum on an IRL web site is an indication of anything other than the willingness of the participants to bang their head against a wall? In fact, unless you can
recruit enough posters to generate more traffic than their IRL forum, IRL fans will simply claim the relative amount activity is proof of the IRL's popularity.

If the question is, "Where are the Champ car fans?" wouldn't the correct answer be to post a link to this and all the other forums that Champ car fans find more conducive to Champ car discussion? Why lower the river when you can raise the bridge?

Kahauna Dreamer
07-04-06, 02:42 AM
Exactly.

There are plenty of forums on the net. If someone wants to frequent TF, fine. Just don't expect or ask me to. Running this place is how we show our support for ChampCar. We're not cheerleaders, we just want to have a bit of the net to run a CCWS site for folks who want to hang here. We really don't care about what other forums are doing.

I have always felt like an outsider here, BUT there's a BIG difference between that and being pre-banned someplace I'd never go to begin with...

RusH
07-04-06, 02:50 AM
I want hear what Natty has to say in all this.

Seriously :)

matthole
07-04-06, 02:56 AM
No it isn't.

You're right.

I know. :)

Elaborate, please.

You might want to call the International Atomic Energy Comission and have about a 1500 mile radius cleared around your PM box, or reconsider your premise.

Then again, if you really have to ask... :rolleyes:

I really hope that was a rhetorical request on your part. If you really believe those 'people' are sincere about anything, you have comprehension issues far outside the scope of help that any message board could ever provide.

:shakehead: :saywhat:

RusH
07-04-06, 03:07 AM
Then we can all pretend t be,,,,,,,,,,true fans :gomer:

I reapeat myself when I`m distressed

rwak on Crimsom............I like it!!! :D

Michaelhatesfans
07-04-06, 03:43 AM
I would like to find a Champ Car forum where I can do nothing but insult people and call them childish names. Any suggestions?
Shut up, a$$wipe.

Michaelhatesfans
07-04-06, 03:44 AM
:p

cart7
07-04-06, 07:34 AM

WB

It must be one of those because he dropped the CART/CCWS flaming several years ago when he posted he was done trashing one side or the other. I thought it was bull but he's stuck to it. He actually PM'd me one time telling me he lurked at Crapwagon and found many of their darkside posts funny.

As for TF overall? You've got uneven moderating from longtime CART/CCWS hater 220 aka CuC (he's allowed free reign on the CCWS board BTW), the enforcer aka dogring, holier than thou aka rev-ed and finally the guy that just comes along and bans you at a whim, aka doitagain.

As for the CCWS board? 'bird couldn't keep up with it, mnkywrch tried and then ran away (he stated at howards board about a year or so ago that another TF forum mod threatened him with a lawsuit! He never went into detail on that :eek: ). By that time nobody bothered to post there.

Yes, TF pre-bans certain handles, blanket bans IP's, won't take hotmail email accounts, will threaten you with banning on a whim, PM you asking for links on any rumours or I heards and yet allows Mr. Wilkie to post them at will, Blantantly breaks their own rules by allowing the trashing of CCWS by favorite posters, has a mod that will threaten you via PM, allows the posting of data or facts that show the irl in a good light without anything to back up the validity of said data, will delete posts on a whim for absolutely no reason other than it causes "Fear and uncertainty" amoungst the other lemmings.(I'm not making this up, I got a post removed with that as the reason along with a threat to ban)

TF is first and foremost an Indy 500 site and all things irl. To think you can have a board with posters posting positive things from the competition is ridiculous. The CART/CCWS boards were ruined way too long ago for them to draw any interest today.

Sean O'Gorman
07-04-06, 07:48 AM
Shut up, a$$wipe.

I said where I can call people names, not the other way around. I already have plenty of forums where I can do that. ;)

Anyway, IBTL

Joelski
07-04-06, 08:49 AM
Like KD, I was pre-banned a long time ago because I was affiliated with another forum, so no, a zebra never changes its stripes and TF isn't looking for CC fans for any honorable purpose. Fans that post on these forums have boards that they like and ones that they avoid; TF is among the latter for many of us due to things like censorship, uneven moderation and general lack of anything in common with the agenda that pervades that portion of the internet. Why is it hard to understand that ChampCar fan and TF member are not synonymous terms?

spinner26
07-04-06, 09:00 AM
Why, is TF "recruiting" members for forums if it is what it is cracked up to be?

A totally biased site with Hitler style moderation is no place for a true fan.

Ziggy
07-04-06, 09:17 AM
Why, is TF "recruiting" members for forums if it is what it is cracked up to be?

They bombed SpeedNet into the ground. Nice post WickerBill, coming from a guy who has been on the Internet for quite sometime, and a great poster, that one has some juice.

If they embraced the vision, then they are Lemmings for life. Pretty simple.

"Stand for nothing, fall for anything."

Nice comments on Railbird. Hell of a man, still miss him tremendously. All their moderation was exposed as nothing but posers when he quit. To quote one of his last posts, "you boys have fun, my work here is done."

Spicoli
07-04-06, 09:26 AM
I want hear what Natty has to say in all this.

Seriously :)

NaTTY is in hibernation.

:wedding:

Insomniac
07-04-06, 11:04 AM

Congratulations L1P1. You got this guy to make his first post in response to your thread!

RTKar
07-04-06, 11:06 AM
I think there's a couple reasons. One is that there's not nearly the amount of rumors and silliness going on as there used to be in the pre-Kalkhoven era - so there's not as much fodder for forum fun.

The other is that, speaking personally, I've lost a lot of interest in Champ Car because of where they're going with their strategy. I wish them well but I just don't follow it like I used to. So I don't talk about it as much as I used to. Given what you've noticed, I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

Yup. Pretty much for those of us who have been around the sport > 20 years, what passes today for "our" racing series leaves quite a bit to be desired. The long awaited rebirth has been slow in developing. It doesn't mean we don't pay attention to the series, it just isn't quite as compelling as it once was. And, need I mention losing a number of "local" races doesn't help keep the series in one's immediate consciousness.

eiregosod
07-04-06, 11:46 AM
I can understand the need for a merging of the fans if there is to be a merging of the series. The politics of the split series dominated the past 10 years of online discussion. Rest assured, the online forum needs of a merged series will not comprise of: slightly bemused wannabe media insiders, eskimos, IMS press secretaries, truth deflectors, teletubbies, internet top journalists, victimised NASCAR fans from Teijas, port-a-john groupies & corvette boy racers.

As for the TF owners and moderators. I don't agree with their apologist stance but I admire their dedication (at tremendous cost to themselves) to their forum. If you wish to engage at TF, remember the typical members there only reply to the 'insiders' . Don't forget to type 'insider' under your username. Personally, I couldn't care less if they had a popular champcar section. There are plenty of other sites available that provide that option.

It doesn't surprise me that the TF memebers are calling for 51% ownership, while champcar fans are interested in the specs. Once the meger happens, all the politics & business discussions will go out the window. Only people that are knowlegable enough will discuss the racing, that's when the "I hate driver X" crowd comes along ;)

TF is genetically derived from the flat-earth society. I add that TF would not be happy until the Indy-style cars are front engined roadsters. They want to turn the clock back to the 1950s (some of them remember the 1950s as if it were yesterday) when the whole world revolved around Indianapolis. I'm glad that Tony goerge made their fantasy a reality for the past 10 years.

Spicoli
07-04-06, 01:15 PM
I can understand the need for a merging of the fans if there is to be a merging of the series. The politics of the merged series dominated the past 10 years of online discussion. Rest assured, the online forum needs of a merged series will not comprise of: slightly bemused wannabe media insiders, eskimos, IMS press secretaries, truth deflectors, teletubbies, internet top journalists, victimised NASCAR fans from Teijas, port-a-john groupies & corvette boy racers.

As for the TF owners and moderators. I don't agree with their apologist stance but I admire their dedication (at tremendous cost to themselves) to their forum. If you wish to engage at TF, remember the typical members there only reply to the 'insiders' . Don't forget to type 'insider' under your username. Personally, I couldn't care less if they had a popular champcar section. There are plenty of other sites available that provide that option.

It doesn't surprise me that the TF memebers are calling for 51% ownership, while champcar fans are interested in the specs. Once the meger happens, all the politics & business discussions will go out the window. Only people that are knowlegable enough will discuss the racing, that's when the "I hate driver X" crowd comes along ;)

TF is genetically derived from the flat-earth society. I add that TF would not be happy until the Indy-style cars are front engined roadsters. They want to turn the clock back to the 1950s (some of them remember the 1950s as if it were yesterday) when the whole world revolved around Indianapolis. I'm glad that Tony goerge made their fantasy a reality for the past 10 years.

:thumbup:

Hameroids
07-04-06, 01:48 PM
was pre-banned; eff them.

eiregosod
07-04-06, 01:56 PM
:thumbup:

Thank you!

If a champcar community started to spring up at TF, eskimo boy would jump in and demand to see photocoies of reciepts for Musco Lighting.

indyfan31
07-04-06, 03:39 PM
Elaborate, please.
Not too long ago, the mods/admins of TF posted a warning that your likelyhood of being given a "vacation" would be based not only on what you posted there at TF but also on OTHER discussion forums. Oddly enough, it's not in the forum rules.

racer2c
07-04-06, 04:08 PM
It must be one of those because he dropped the CART/CCWS flaming several years ago when he posted he was done trashing one side or the other. I thought it was bull but he's stuck to it. He actually PM'd me one time telling me he lurked at Crapwagon and found many of their darkside posts funny.

As for TF overall? You've got uneven moderating from longtime CART/CCWS hater 220 aka CuC (he's allowed free reign on the CCWS board BTW), the enforcer aka dogring, holier than thou aka rev-ed and finally the guy that just comes along and bans you at a whim, aka doitagain.

As for the CCWS board? 'bird couldn't keep up with it, mnkywrch tried and then ran away (he stated at howards board about a year or so ago that another TF forum mod threatened him with a lawsuit! He never went into detail on that :eek: ). By that time nobody bothered to post there.

Yes, TF pre-bans certain handles, blanket bans IP's, won't take hotmail email accounts, will threaten you with banning on a whim, PM you asking for links on any rumours or I heards and yet allows Mr. Wilkie to post them at will, Blantantly breaks their own rules by allowing the trashing of CCWS by favorite posters, has a mod that will threaten you via PM, allows the posting of data or facts that show the irl in a good light without anything to back up the validity of said data, will delete posts on a whim for absolutely no reason other than it causes "Fear and uncertainty" amoungst the other lemmings.(I'm not making this up, I got a post removed with that as the reason along with a threat to ban)

TF is first and foremost an Indy 500 site and all things irl. To think you can have a board with posters posting positive things from the competition is ridiculous. The CART/CCWS boards were ruined way too long ago for them to draw any interest today.

WOW! That actually freaks me out.

Let me take this opportunity to thank WB for starting OC and for nrc and Racegrrl for continuing the board with the most integrity. :thumbup:

L1P1
07-04-06, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to figure but what your point is with this. Given that there are only so many hours in a day, and we only get to spend so many of them on forums talking about racing, are you proposing that Champ car fans would be better served to spend even a portion of that time on Track Forum? If so, why?

I think this comes from a general sense I have that Champ Car fans are all looking for a nice quiet comfortable place to be. That's fine, and when I first came here and asked people what they wanted OC to be, that was pretty much it. And it remains so. But I think many have become too comfortable, and at least one board (and not this one), IMHO, has become a warren of differently striped lemmings.

So I think a little cross pollination isn't necessarily such a bad thing.

Ziggy
07-04-06, 05:08 PM
I think this comes from a general sense I have that Champ Car fans are all looking for a nice quiet comfortable place to be

And for the most part, OffCamber has provided it.

That's fine, and when I first came here and asked people what they wanted OC to be, that was pretty much it

Well, thanks for the questionaire. May I ask one? Who the **** are you? I have known the owners of this site for quite sometime. I dont remember them asking for anyone's help.

But I think many have become too comfortable, and at least one board (and not this one), IMHO, has become a warren of differently striped lemmings.

A Lemming is a Lemming there Kreskin. If your not comfortable being here, maybe you should find "that other board."

Jesus, I sure hope you dont have a bunch of asswipe buddies coming to register.

Let me be the first to say, Go forth onto the vast Internet and converse with those who think like you do. It cant happen fast enough. Do us all a favor and lose the your password for this place.

Ziggy

Spicoli
07-04-06, 05:42 PM
I think this comes from a general sense I have that Champ Car fans are all looking for a nice quiet comfortable place to be. That's fine, and when I first came here and asked people what they wanted OC to be, that was pretty much it. And it remains so. But I think many have become too comfortable, and at least one board (and not this one), IMHO, has become a warren of differently striped lemmings.

Is your name Denith?

L1P1
07-04-06, 05:47 PM
Is your name Denith?

Nope.

Kahauna Dreamer
07-04-06, 05:48 PM
"maybe it was a troll that got out of hand....
Never mind.
You won't take it outside though."

Don't worry, you're making it really easy for me to keep staying away from here...tell you what. Since "y'all" are so well-connected over there, next time you're diddybopping around TF, ask your good buddy CuC/220/Grand Knight of the IRL or whatever else he calls himself if the big kahauna is still pre-banned for life.

Spicoli
07-04-06, 05:50 PM
Don't worry, you're making it really easy for me to keep staying away from here...tell you what. Since "y'all" are so well-connected over there, next time you're diddybopping around TF, ask your good buddy CuC/220/Grand Knight of the IRL or whatever else he calls himself if the big kahauna is still pre-banned for life.

L1P1:

If you really wanna know the extent of their hate, pm me. KD will back it up, as will others. But I'd rather not air the dirty laundry here. No sir.

Seriously.

Kahauna Dreamer
07-04-06, 05:55 PM
^^^ speaks the truth ;)

KLang
07-04-06, 06:25 PM
Don't worry, you're making it really easy for me to keep staying away from here...

:confused: Why? Nobody in this thread has agreed with what L1P1 is suggesting.

Kahauna Dreamer
07-04-06, 06:42 PM
:confused: Why? Nobody in this thread has agreed with what L1P1 is suggesting.

I have a hard enough time relating to 90% of the membership here to begin with because they are nice, rational people and I am not, and I tend to piss nice, rational people off regularly, especially in the medium I used to communicate in (Photoshop CS2). When I stop by and see that someone has started a thread about joining a forum where I know I am as welcome as Ebola, I get really curious, and then I realize that I should have just stayed away.

TKGAngel
07-04-06, 06:54 PM
Let me take this opportunity to thank WB for starting OC and for nrc and Racegrrl for continuing the board with the most integrity. :thumbup:

Ditto. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
07-04-06, 07:30 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9042/fire28ao.jpg

Kahauna Dreamer
07-04-06, 07:46 PM
^^^^ I don't know this guy but I agree with him.

Spicoli
07-04-06, 07:48 PM
^^^^ I don't know this guy but I agree with him.

I do, and you may agree with him. you just won;t like him. ;)

j.k.

grungex
07-04-06, 10:09 PM
I tend to piss nice, rational people off regularly, especially in the medium I used to communicate in (Photoshop CS2).

K, you've got to unretire! Really. :)

cameraman
07-04-06, 11:11 PM
I have a hard enough time relating to 90% of the membership here to begin with because they are nice, rational people and I am not, and I tend to piss nice, rational people off regularly, especially in the medium I used to communicate in (Photoshop CS2). When I stop by and see that someone has started a thread about joining a forum where I know I am as welcome as Ebola, I get really curious, and then I realize that I should have just stayed away.

You have 1100+ posts over at Dolan's and I can't remember anything you have put up in the racing forum that wouldn't fly here.

Why Dolan has always refused me admittance is another question entirely :confused:

Cam
07-04-06, 11:26 PM
You have 1100+ posts over at Dolan's and I can't remember anything you have put up in the racing forum that wouldn't fly here.

Why Dolan has always refused me admittance is another question entirely :confused:

Let's just say that sometimes the content of KD's 'shops can be a little "edgy" and not quite in line with the posting criteria here. Not saying that they are bad, but all fora have their own line in the sand.

Cam
07-04-06, 11:33 PM
Found it! Might be a good time to repeat it....

In my forums, we will not talk about our dislike for certain people, be they political figures, religious figures, forum members, etc., and we will not defend political figures, religious figures, forum members, etc., from attack, no matter how unwarranted, as that simply drags us down into the muck -- and will be deleted anyway.

Oh..... Link (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=18565&postcount=1) by the way... :)

Eagle104
07-04-06, 11:35 PM

Ha..don't feel like the lone-stranger. I didn't make-the-cut either (assuming he received my request..never heard back). And I used to be a cameraman, too. Things that make you go hmmm... :laugh:

Spicoli
07-04-06, 11:51 PM

1. You live in Utah.

2. You live in Utah.

3. You live in Utah.

howard don;t like U-tards. :cry:

:gomer:

Kahauna Dreamer
07-05-06, 12:38 AM
K, you've got to unretire! Really. :)

One can only make ********'s head explode so many times...and it's been 4 years.

Napoleon
07-05-06, 06:15 AM
TF is a cesspool with 90% fathead gomers who can't tell what version of the vision they need to agree or disagree with.

Word :thumbup:

Yes, Yes and Yes.

High Sided
07-05-06, 07:19 AM
i was banned after 2 psts as well? where's the love? at least here i just get 80% of my offerings removed from the board

eiregosod
07-05-06, 11:17 AM
peace in posting

Kahauna Dreamer
07-05-06, 11:21 AM
peace in posting
Now, that's funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ChampcarShark
07-05-06, 11:27 AM

Direct them to offCamber.net,

where the real fans are

Insomniac
07-05-06, 01:09 PM
Found it! Might be a good time to repeat it....

Oh..... Link (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=18565&postcount=1) by the way... :)

Isn't there a FTG exception? ;)

Cam
07-05-06, 01:24 PM
Isn't there a FTG exception? ;)

:gomer: ;)

The one notable exception to this rule is racing drivers and personnel, about whom open dialog on their talent, abilities, fan-friendliness, etc. is fair game on my racing forum.