PDA

View Full Version : Foyt skips Martinsville

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 05:15 PM
From Jayski:

#14 Withdraws from Martinsville to regroup: In an effort to catch up on building up resources and test for upcoming events, the #14 Foyt/Harrah's Racing team has withdrawn its entry for this weekend's NASCAR Winston Cup Series event at Martinsville Speedway. "It was a very tough decision to not go to Martinsville this weekend, but we think it's the best choice for us right now," said Larry Foyt, driver of the #14 Foyt/Harrah's Racing Dodge. "We got such a slow start at the beginning of the year and this will give us a chance to catch up, build up our resources and actually test, something we haven't been able to do since the season started." The team plans on doing a two-day test next week at Richmond International Raceway.

So, DaveL, what are you going to do with your early Sunday afternoon now that you can't watch Larry Foyt "race"? :laugh:

JoeBob
04-09-03, 05:23 PM
Speedtv says this ( http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/5809/ )

LARRY FOYT'S PREMATURE LEAP to Winston Cup has been put on the side track this weekend, with A.J. Foyt's No. 14 team deciding to skip Martinsville to concentrate on car-prep and testing.

Foyt, 26-year-old son of A.J., finished 20th in Busch Series points last year and was hustled to the big-time at the urging of sponsor Harrah's (A.J. says). Larry had protested that he would rather have another year in the junior series but acquiesced to the move.

The fault was not all with Larry's inexperience, as A.J.'s team, launched in 2000, never has gotten settled in the big-time. The No. 14 has failed to qualify at three of the eight races this year, with a best finish of 30th. He is 42nd in points, decreasing the likelihood of qualifying via provisional.

The team did not say when it would return to action, the next event being at Fontana, Calif., April 27. The team said it plans to test next week at Richmond.

Don Quixote
04-09-03, 06:05 PM
I'm sure when they return, they will be ready to race. :laugh:

DaveL
04-09-03, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
So, DaveL, what are you going to do with your early Sunday afternoon now that you can't watch Larry Foyt "race"? :laugh:

Weather permitting I have a pre-season scrimmage baseball game.

Besides, had they been entered I highly doubt that racing on Sunday was going to be an issue in the first place. Skipping the race means saving the money of running and dnq'ing in Friday.

The driver is no good and the team is garbage. Put one and suck together and you have the Foyt WC effort.

pchall
04-09-03, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote

By next race weekend they will will be sponosred by France.

:P

"There's a double meaning in that." --- Benedict

IlliniRacer
04-09-03, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Don Quixote

It worked for Shiggy.....for awhile