PDA

View Full Version : Boris Said says....

Winston Wolfe
06-30-06, 08:36 PM
DOH ! - Boris has his nose so far up Jack Roush he cant see daylight ! If he makes another comment like "These guys are the best racers in the world" again, I'm gonna puke!

Check this little gem - I'm sure the folks at Visa arent very happy...

``It's like the American Express commercial. Jack said cars: $150,000. Motors: $75,000. But the fact that he offered his me his little black book with all the setups in it: That's priceless.''

quote:
Said, who has the respect of most drivers in the garage, isn't expecting a free ride once the race begins Saturday night.
unquote:

Hey Boris - why dont you call your buddies like Scott Pruett, Michel Jourdain, Jimmy Vasser and Robby Gordon, and see how their receptions were delivered whenever they tried to conquer the world of CABs...

``I'll be a little nervous tomorrow for the race, starting in front of all those guys,'' he said. ``I'm sure they're going to put me through the school of hard knocks and drop me to the back. But I'm prepared for that.''

Boris meet wall - Wall meet Boris.... :D

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-06, 08:43 PM
Do you expect them to make it easy for him or something since hes used to turning left and right and shifting, a clearly superior form of driving?

They are the best drivers in the world in the sense that it is the toughest series to survive in. If I came across 100 million tomorrow and was a safe driver, but of below average talent, I could race Champ Car, IRL, ALMS, Grand-Am, SCCA, F1, etc forever. How long could that same driver last in NASCAR before getting booted? Even if you started your own team, the frustration of not making races would get to you before long.

Heeltoe
06-30-06, 10:37 PM
Check this little gem - I'm sure the folks at Visa arent very happy...

``It's like the American Express commercial. Jack said cars: $150,000. Motors: $75,000. But the fact that he offered his me his little black book with all the setups in it: That's priceless.''

I think the folks at mastercard might be a little more ticked :gomer:

as for boris, he was running nascar trucks in the 90s regularly, he was getting knocked around by the likes of ron barfield way before pruett, vasser et al dipped their toes in anscar, he knows what's up

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-06, 10:55 PM
Well, lame finish, but nice run for Boris. If that last yellow didn't come out I bet he could've won it. :thumbup: :cool:

Al Czervik
07-02-06, 10:14 PM
Do you expect them to make it easy for him or something since hes used to turning left and right and shifting, a clearly superior form of driving?

They are the best drivers in the world in the sense that it is the toughest series to survive in. If I came across 100 million tomorrow and was a safe driver, but of below average talent, I could race Champ Car, IRL, ALMS, Grand-Am, SCCA, F1, etc forever. How long could that same driver last in NASCAR before getting booted? Even if you started your own team, the frustration of not making races would get to you before long.

See Spenser(sp?), Jimmy; Waltrip, Michael; Wallace, Kenny.

Yes, I know Mikey and Mr. Excretement won races. Of course, those were plate races...