http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6783

:gomer:

From what I've heard, this isn't the whole story. Care to fill us in, TMB? :D

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-06, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I've got nothing. :o

FCYTravis
06-30-06, 08:26 AM
From what I heard, the track officials all went to lunch because nobody bothered to tell them that Grand-Am was coming out on course... :eek:

Gotta love NASCAR :rolleyes: :shakehead

That said, if you watched the actual race you'd have seen one hell of a fight, with just one brief full-course yellow in 250 miles of racing, a bunch of fuel-miser mileage strategies, Pruett trying to banzai Long and Ganassi getting their arse handed to them on pit road by Alex Job's guys :laugh:

extramundane
06-30-06, 09:11 AM
That said, if you watched the actual race you'd have seen one hell of a fight, with just one brief full-course yellow in 250 miles of racing, a bunch of fuel-miser mileage strategies, Pruett trying to banzai Long and Ganassi getting their arse handed to them on pit road by Alex Job's guys :laugh:

I saw the beginning of it at the bar (owner's a big motorcycle guy, leaves 1 TV turned to Speed at most times :thumbup: ) and it seemed like nobody could keep it on the track. Who's the dolt that was teamed with Auberlen? Milka Duno's male equivalent?

FCYTravis
06-30-06, 09:26 AM
And it seemed like nobody could keep it on the track.Feryendez drove off and flipped his nose in the Bus Stop, as did Figge - but neither incident required an FCY. After the usual first-lap theatrics things settled down and everyone got in a race pace. I think everyone was surprised that it went green as long as it did, but sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut :)

Who's the dolt that was teamed with Auberlen? Milka Duno's male equivalent?Pretty much. :shakehead

He brings the money to that team... or more precisely, his parents do. :gomer:

Fio1
06-30-06, 11:57 AM
Who's the dolt that was teamed with Auberlen? Milka Duno's male equivalent?

That would be Matt Alhadeff. :laugh: Why what did he do? I didn't see the race.

FCYTravis
06-30-06, 12:10 PM
He used the back of Milka Duno's Pontiac Riley as his braking point in the infield. Hilarity ensued.

Auberlen had some great quote on the TV interview, like "I think Matt's just got way too much BMW horsepower" or something. :laugh:

Fio1
06-30-06, 02:00 PM
Well that doesn't surprise me. Did you see his shunt at the 6-hours of Watkins Glen in the 05 GT BMW? He wasn't in the car 30 seconds, when the green flag came out and he spun straight in the wall. I don't know how he did at Mid Ohio, but when I saw his name on the entry list for Daytona 250, I was like LOOK OUT! :saywhat: :eek: :shakehead

Fio1
06-30-06, 02:07 PM
From what I heard, the track officials all went to lunch because nobody bothered to tell them that Grand-Am was coming out on course...

Are you serious? :laugh: That's so funny. But at the end of the day, when you're a fat ar$e like 90% of the Nascar/Daytona officials, you don't mess with their lunch! :gomer: It's basically like telling Germans to go back to work in the middle of the Germany-Argentina World Cup Game. You just don't do it! :D

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-06, 02:49 PM
Someone pointed out Alhadeff's myspace to me once. I've never had more of an urge to want to punch someone in the jaw without even knowing them like I did with that punk.

"my name is Matt and I race cars for a living" :gomer:

Do you? How much do you get paid? :shakehead

Easy
06-30-06, 03:29 PM
Auberlen must be steaming inside or just not care anymore. I'm sure he's getting a fatty check from the kid's dad though. That can take the edge off an incident like last night.

extramundane
06-30-06, 10:56 PM
Auberlen must be steaming inside or just not care anymore. I'm sure he's getting a fatty check from the kid's dad though. That can take the edge off an incident like last night.

The sound wasn't up on the TV when I saw it, but Auberlen's face during that interview suggested to me that he wasn't too surprised that ride-buyer boy stuffed it. I'm guessing the BMW retainer makes many such situations bearable.

Fio1
06-30-06, 11:25 PM
At the end of the day Alhadeff races (sort of) daytona prototypes and drives a convertable F430 on the street. I think we all wish we were members of the lucky ***** club.

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-06, 12:16 AM
At the end of the day Alhadeff races (sort of) daytona prototypes and drives a convertable F430 on the street. I think we all wish we were members of the lucky ***** club.

I think if I was going around bragging that I "race cars for a living", I'd spend a little less time partying and working on my Myspace, and a little more time trying to be a lousy driver.

Fio1
07-01-06, 02:00 PM
Look there are rich kids all day long who do absolutely nothing all day, just party and spend their parents money. In L.A you see them all day long. Alhadeff discovered racing and is digging it. From what I understand his parents are stocked that their son has finally found something he is interested in and serious about. He's just not arriving and driving, he's part team owner. More power to him. Now, he's giving Auberlen the chance no else would, by providing a DP for him to race and show his talent. There are worst guys (and girls) racing DP in grand-am. I think Alhadeff is as talented as JP France or Milka Dunna or Tim Tuttle, even some other guys we've seen. Since the accident, which I haven't seen happened with Milka, I doubt it's 100% homeboy's fault. I've raced against Milka and she's f-ing scarry, and brakes waaaaaaaaay too early! You also have to understand that Alhadeff doesn't have that much experience. Before the Laguna Seca round in GT last year, he did a bunch of test days, 2 or 3 shifter kart races, a few touring car club races and some porsche owner's club races! Basically, no experience! I am by no means making any excuses for the guy, just telling it how it is.

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-06, 04:07 PM
From what I understand his parents are stocked that their son has finally found something he is interested in and serious about.

Wow, and all it takes is throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars of his parents money down the drain! From what I've been told, his parents are just glad he found racing because it keeps him from getting into trouble.

He's just not arriving and driving, he's part team owner. More power to him.

As team owner, is putting a hack like himself behind the wheel a good business decision?

There are worst guys (and girls) racing DP in grand-am. I think Alhadeff is as talented as JP France or Milka Dunna or Tim Tuttle, even some other guys we've seen.

But they aren't douchebags who annoy the hell out of me.

You also have to understand that Alhadeff doesn't have that much experience. Before the Laguna Seca round in GT last year, he did a bunch of test days, 2 or 3 shifter kart races, a few touring car club races and some porsche owner's club races! Basically, no experience! I am by no means making any excuses for the guy, just telling it how it is.

If he has such little experience, why is he running in one of the top levels of sports car racing?

Seriously, how can you look at this guy and not want to break his jaw?

http://myspace-732.vo.llnwd.net/00619/23/79/619389732_l.jpg

Fio1
07-01-06, 05:16 PM
If he has such little experience, why is he running in one of the top levels of sports car racing?

Because, he has an FIA License. :laugh: Seriously, that's what he would tell you!

Anyways, hey if you've got the money you can do whatever you want in this world. :gomer: But, people who know racing know who is a REAL race car driver and who is just a rich w*nker that happens to drive race cars. My favorite quote from him was when he lists finishing second at Mexico in GT in 2004 as his career highlight. What he forgot to mention was that he DIDN'T DRIVE during the race. I.E he did as many laps in that second place finishing car during that race than everyone on this board, NONE! So, who cares anyways? We shouldn't even waste our time talking about this yoyo, he'll be gone after a few years anyways. In the history of sportscar racing there have always been these rich yoyos who move up way too fast, crash a lot, spend a fortune and disapear off the face of the world. :saywhat:

BTW, link the site where you got that pic! :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-06, 06:04 PM
BTW, link the site where you got that pic! :laugh:

http://www.myspace.com/matt_fresh

I guess I look like a bit of hypocrite since I've been helping/co-driving with an 18 year old autocrosser with a modified WRX probably worth my annual income, but at least he has a good attitude and drives pretty well, so its completely different.

FCYTravis
07-01-06, 07:21 PM
Wow, he never did anything but BMWCCA and POC before jumping into a freakin' Rolex GT M3? :shakehead

I think that may take the cake for "least qualified driver" in the series. Even Milka has a solid race record in the Ferrari Challenge :laugh:

After Bob figured out that our team was gonna be eternally "close but no cigar" with him behind the wheel, he stepped out of the car. He's still spending gobs of his own cash, but he's not interested in tooling around the back of the pack for the sake of driving.

The young Mr. Alhadeff could learn a thing or two from that attitude.

I predict that the #30 won't so much as get a top-5 finish this year. You can't even get close to a win in the DP class without two quality pro drivers anymore. Ain't gonna happen.

Fio1
07-01-06, 10:11 PM
After looking at his myspace page, I have no choice then to quote Craig Statton, who teamed with alhadeff at the 25-Hours of Thunderhill. "That guy has his own agenda." It's a nice way for Statton to say that he thinks the guy is a f-ing knob! :shakehead :rolleyes: Which, I think is something that we can all agree on. :laugh:

Opposite Lock
07-02-06, 01:40 AM
Seriously, how can you look at this guy and not want to break his jaw?

http://myspace-732.vo.llnwd.net/00619/23/79/619389732_l.jpg

reminds me of this guy a little:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5618/sogfinger4ic.jpg ([URL=http://imageshack.us)

say, whatever happened to that Lee Hottie dood anyway?

coolhand
07-02-06, 04:24 AM
reason #31203 i will never be on myspace.

Sean O'Gorman
07-02-06, 06:54 AM
reminds me of this guy a little:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5618/sogfinger4ic.jpg ([URL=http://imageshack.us)

say, whatever happened to that Lee Hottie dood anyway?

:laugh:

That picture is totally different. It was a parody of someone from another racing forum who was posing for pictures inside someone else's hauler and trying to claim it was his own.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1104279

Fio1
07-02-06, 12:47 PM
reason #31203 i will never be on myspace.

Actually, you and your buddy Paul should be courting Alhadeff, he has the money to fund Rocketsport into F1 if you wish. :laugh: And, he does have an FIA license which he claims makes him qualified to race in F1. :rolleyes:

NismoZ
07-02-06, 03:17 PM
And I'm a natural born citizen over 35 but no way I'm running for President! Or, I have a firearms card but I'm not lookin' for any gunfights! Or, My speedo reads 160, but...