PDA

View Full Version : Road America Back On?

JoeBob
04-09-03, 01:39 PM
It sounds like all they need is the okay from the Board.

http://www.wisinfo.com/sheboyganpress/sports/archive/sports_9682487.shtml

devilmaster
04-09-03, 02:13 PM
Hey Holy Crap!

You gonna speak to this on your show today?

Let me know so I can listen in... thanks mate.

Steve

pchall
04-09-03, 02:18 PM
Which CART franchise holder and which winery?

The Arciero/Andretti 22O at Road America presented by the Wisconsin Cheese Board would be a good thing.

JoeBob
04-09-03, 02:31 PM
Haas has been the promoter in the past, has ties to the track, and is a franchise holder. Mario Andretti owns a winery. (And, they have a long history together.)

Makes as much sense as anything else.

JoeBob
04-11-03, 04:15 PM
Interesting note - all references to the CART race being cancelled and all information about refunds have mysteriously dissapeared from the Road America website. (All references to the CART race happening are also missing.)

Gurneyflap
04-11-03, 07:34 PM
Another interesting note...I think it IS back on! Mario IS the MAN! I mean, I know we have a 1.2 miler at Brands, but this is more in line with MY thinking about Real Racing, Real Sport, and REAL TRACKS!!

RTKar
04-15-03, 09:46 PM
According to Robin Miller on ESPN radio (95.9) from Indy Tuesday night...yes, it is but I'm wondering where is the announcement?

Railbird
04-15-03, 10:00 PM
I've read that the announcement won't come until 4/22 or later.

don't know why and I don't remember where I read it.

How's that for some factual insight?

rocket
04-15-03, 10:24 PM
They should get it announced ASAP, the longer they wait the more it will hurt the attendance. As it is I'm sure it will probably be a poorly attended race due to all the BS. I still have my plans in place, I hope it happens.

chop456
04-15-03, 10:31 PM
I canceled my plans and told RA to cancel my season ticket. They said the cancellation refunds wouldn't be processed until late April and that I could call and un-cancel if need be.

I hope to have a reason to un-cancel.

Lizzerd
04-15-03, 11:22 PM
If the race happens, I will go, I will camp, and I will be happy. The people who have cancelled hotel rooms will be really screwed, though. Isn't there a Harley-Davidson thing happening the same weekend? The Oshkosh air show? The cancelled rooms will or have been snatched up in no time. I fear that if the race goes on now that the crowd will be smaller than ever, and it might give RA an opportunity/excuse to not renew for 2004 and beyond.

Note to hotel people (not putting you down in any way, either): Buy a tent. Buy an air matress and sleeping bag. Buy a grill and a couple big coolers and stuff them with beer and food. Get a campsite at Plymouth Rock or any of the several other campgrounds nearby. They all have showers. Buy a couple lawn chairs too. Have fun and meet your camping neighbors. You never know who you might run into.

cartmanoz
04-16-03, 12:13 AM
I hope the race is on. Road America is the Spa-Francorchamps of North America.

Really, I don't see how you could call it a real calender without this circuit on it.

Warlock!
04-16-03, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
...You never know who you might run into.
I imagine that's probably what they're afraid of... not that I blame 'em, after running into the likes of you guys ;)

Warlock!

Gurneyflap
04-17-03, 06:02 PM
Oh, yeah, pic-nic tables and porta-potties are NUTHIN' compared to the whackos yer gonna meet up there!