PDA

View Full Version : NASCAB to tweak The Chase

dando
06-29-06, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2504182

No details on the changes yet, but they are certain to include a stipulation that any driver with the initials DE or JG will be included in The Chase. :saywhat: Any driver named Foyt need not apply. :gomer:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon, NASCAR's two biggest stars, were both locked out of the Chase last year because of subpar seasons. The 400-point mark has yet to come into play, and its been proven that one or two poor finishes -- especially at the start of the Chase -- can cripple a drivers' title hopes.

My guess is that the 400 point differential gets increased to 500-600 points, or the number of drivers automatically included will be raised to 15 or so.

-Kevin

pchall
06-29-06, 03:49 PM
And here I thought "The Chase" was "The Tweak" that would put NASCAR on top of the NFL in the fall ratings! I'd bet that after a few seasons of further tweaking "The Chase" includes the "Top 43" drivers in the points standings.

racer2c
06-29-06, 04:06 PM
And here I thought "The Chase" was "The Tweak" that would put NASCAR on top of the NFL in the fall ratings! I'd bet that after a few seasons of further tweaking "The Chase" includes the "Top 43" drivers in the points standings.

No doubt. It will include anyone that has their face on a t-shirt.

NASCAR = No balls.

coolhand
06-29-06, 04:27 PM
The new rule will be that everyone infront and including Jr. will be in the chase.

TKGAngel
06-29-06, 04:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2504182

No details on the changes yet, but they are certain to include a stipulation that any driver with the initials DE or JG will be included in The Chase. :saywhat: Any driver named Foyt need not apply. :gomer:

My guess is that the 400 point differential gets increased to 500-600 points, or the number of drivers automatically included will be raised to 15 or so.

-Kevin

I just checked the point standings after Sonoma, and raising it to 500 points would only encompass the top 11. I always wondered why it wasn't 400 points from 10th place, not 400 points from the leader.

eiregosod
06-30-06, 09:19 AM
they'll reset the difference in points between adjacent drivers to 5 points. ;)

Kinda like a full course yellow for championship standings.