PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Champ Car at Cleveland

pressdog
06-27-06, 02:10 PM
Tracy is probably made that Bourdais' head caused damage to his car.

Notes from the Champ Car Race at Cleveland (http://pressdog.blogspot.com)

Louie
06-27-06, 02:24 PM
Ford Bold Moves Commercial Number 1. I've seen this commercial so many times I'm now LESS likely to buy a Ford Fusion. Way to go Ford! I'll see it another six times today. And why is Danica doing a Ford commercial anyway?

pressdog
06-27-06, 02:25 PM
And why is Danica doing a Ford commercial anyway?
It's not Danica in the ad.

Louie
06-27-06, 02:26 PM
It's not Danica in the ad. i no

Gnam
06-27-06, 04:16 PM
Maybe the wall tried to pass Tracy and he chopped down on the wall.

Everyone is amazed how far the car made it after driving directly over the top of Bourdais. Bourdais' head must have caused some damage to the underside of Tracy's car. How unfortunate for Tracy!

:D Nice.

Napoleon
06-27-06, 08:02 PM
"Tracy is behind Legge. That's like jaws being behind a catamaran with a torn sale"

Classic!

pressdog
06-27-06, 08:13 PM
Glad you liked it. It would be classic if I spelled "sail" right. Pardon me while I update the blog.

patski
06-28-06, 02:40 PM
i no
Danica should look so good.http://www.offcamber.net/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=156224#
Smilie

oddlycalm
06-28-06, 04:33 PM
I'm not really familiar with who is leading right now. [rant]Nearly the entire screen obscured with graphics yet it's you can't see who's leading without watching the crawl. :shakehead More is definitely not better. They would do well to look at the Speed F1 broadcast with an eye toward clarity and brevity, or else just take their graphics wonk out back and let Michelle Beisner use him for a speed bag.[/rant off]

oc

TravelGal
06-28-06, 06:15 PM
I hear ya, OC. I get particularly cheesed off at the constant RED repeat of each driver's fastest lap. GRRRRRR.

Insomniac
06-29-06, 09:45 AM
[rant]Nearly the entire screen obscured with graphics yet it's you can't see who's leading without watching the crawl. :shakehead More is definitely not better. They would do well to look at the Speed F1 broadcast with an eye toward clarity and brevity, or else just take their graphics wonk out back and let Michelle Beisner use him for a speed bag.[/rant off]

oc

I don't know if it's the networks that are clueless or people really want all that information. In every sport they're adding more and more graphics. All the graphics and constant stream of information doesn't enhance my viewing, it just takes away from what I'm trying to pay attention to. I was perfectly happy when the announcers told me what position cars are in and they'd show the occasional graphic of who was out of the race and why during a yellow flag.

I can't wait for the days of truly interactive TV where you will be able to hide all the junk.

KLang
06-29-06, 09:50 AM
I prefer to have T&S up on a laptap nearby and try to ignore the graphics on screen. It's usually a little behind but all the info I want is right there.

pressdog
06-29-06, 09:51 AM
I like the constant crawl of the running order at the top, but all the drop downs and crap need to go. CC has a box that comes down and gives all the stats about the driver and blah blah blah that covers about half the screen. The IRL has a track position box they put up every now and then, but they use it at the goofiest times, like under yellow, when everyone is about a micron behind the leader. But when Horish is half a track ahead of the second place car, then they don't use it to show us how huge his lead is. Crazy. It's almost used at random times. "Hey Bob, throw some s**** up on the screen at random times to add value to our broadcast."

pressdog
06-29-06, 09:54 AM
I prefer to have T&S up on a laptap nearby and try to ignore the graphics on screen. It's usually a little behind but all the info I want is right there.
T&S is also great if your fav racer isn't toward the front and therefore not getting much air time. It's also cool to see who's turning fast laps and maybe coming on back in the pack.

toymaker
06-29-06, 10:36 AM
If the Fusion commercial makes you sick, how about those wheels going round at Bridgestone???? Enough already, get off your wallet and get a new commercial! :flame: