PDA

View Full Version : F1 Historical Races to Debut on SPEED

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 09:56 AM
From www.motorsportstv.com (http://www.motorsportstv.com/):

F1 Historical Races to Debut on SPEED

As part of SPEED Channel's new F1 programming contract, the network will air a series of one-hour films highlighting each race of the 1993 Formula One season. The specials will debut May 11 at 9 p.m. ET and will be shown chronologically on selected non-F1 Sundays for the remainder of the year.

The first race in the series will highlight the great battle between F1 legends Alain Prost and the late Ayrton Senna for the win at Kyalami. Also included in the 1993 collection, the Australian Grand Prix features Senna's 41st and final victory in his last race with McLaren.

South Africa (May 11, 9 p.m. ET)
Brazilian Grand Prix (May 25, 9 p.m. ET)
Grand Prix of Europe (June 22, 9 p.m.)
San Marino Grand Prix (July 13, 9 p.m. ET)
Spanish Grand Prix (Aug. 10, 9 p.m. ET)
Monaco Grand Prix (Aug. 17, 9 p.m. ET)
Canadian Grand Prix (Aug. 31, 9 p.m. ET)
French Grand Prix (Sept. 7, 9 p.m. ET)
British Grand Prix (Oct. 5, 9 p.m. ET)
German Grand Prix (Oct. 26, 9 p.m. ET)
Hungarian Grand Prix (Nov. 9, 9 p.m. ET)
Belgium Grand Prix (Nov. 16, 9 p.m.)
Italian Grand Prix (Nov. 23, 8 p.m. ET)
Portugal (Nov. 30, 8 p.m. ET)
Japanese Grand Prix (Dec. 7, 8 p.m. ET)
Australian Grand Prix (Dec. 14, 8 p.m. ET)

Michael Andretti has to be wondering why they picked 1993...

Warlock!
04-09-03, 10:22 AM
That's just too effin' sweet. As if my weekend evenings weren't already a comical bore, now I'll have to race home from wherever it is that I am (that's right... I've got 3 young kids... I don't go anywhere), just so I can sit on the couch, drink, and watch 10 year old races.

WHO knows how to party??? That's right... ol' Warlock does...
:thumbup: :rolleyes: :cry: :thumbup:

...and why would they replay Japan on Dec. 7th???

Warlock!

pchall
04-09-03, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch

Michael Andretti has to be wondering why they picked 1993...

LOL

Senna in an underpowered McLaren was a delight to watch. Mikey was an embarrassment.

BTW, the European Grand Prix from 1993 is a must see. Senna in the rain at Donnington.

pchall
04-09-03, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!

...and why would they replay Japan on Dec. 7th???

Warlock!

Wasn't that race the bomb of the season?

Napoleon
04-09-03, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Wasn't that race the bomb of the season?

:D

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 02:01 PM
I almost wondered if Tora Tora Tora Takagi had run that race, but he didn't join F1 until 1998. ;)

pchall
04-09-03, 03:58 PM
I almost wondered if Tora Tora Tora Takagi had run that race, but he didn't join F1 until 1998. ;)

Hey.

You do realize he's an IRL shoe and ROY candidate now?

There are moderators/site owners at TrackForum who will ban you for what they think and/or misremember you said wrong on another site. Keep this humor up and you had better be sure to hold on to your day job. ;)

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 04:14 PM
There are moderators at TrackForum who will ban you for what they think you said wrong on another site. Keep this up and you had better hold on to your day job.

You know, you've made allusions to this several times. It's getting old.

You're the one who asked the guy who runs TF to ban you, then called him a cretin. That, of course, after insulting all the other TF moderators - even the CART board admin - at 7G.

But I'm sure that had absolutely, positively, nothing to do with you getting banned from TF. I'm sure it was that organized effort from the "Ministry of Truth" trying to hide whatever you had to say... it had nothing to do with a basic inability to carry on discourse like an adult. :rolleyes:

I've never seen someone ask to be banned from a board just so he could brag about it.

pchall
04-09-03, 04:21 PM

I've never seen someone ask to be banned from a board just so he could brag about it.

MiniTrue lies to you and everyone.

My e-mail to the mods suggested that they should ban me if they were going to continually edit/delete my posts. Since they did, I can only think that they didn't want the continuous workload of expunging my heresies and mentions of their hypocrisies.

BTW, you have made your bed in that house now. Maybe you should stay there...?

mapguy
04-09-03, 04:25 PM
I'm sure it was that organized effort from the "Ministry of Truth" trying to hide whatever you had to say... it had nothing to do with a basic inability to carry on discourse like an adult.

A while ago I posted a link to BiF#'s website and it was promptly deleted. Not by Railbird. They need a sense of humour.

BTW. I have logged out of TF. Please delete my account. There is no point in going to the C^RT forum and read Jim Wilke's BS about C^RT's financials. It is very hypocritical of the powers that be there to allow Jim Wilke to spew his crap on the C^RT forum where if any C^RT fan tried to pull that on the IRL forum they would get the post immediately deleted and then banned.

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
There is no point in going to the C^RT forum and read Jim Wilke's BS about C^RT's financials. It is very hypocritical of the powers that be there to allow Jim Wilke to spew his crap on the C^RT forum where if any C^RT fan tried to pull that on the IRL forum they would get the post immediately deleted and then banned.

If you're sick of what he says and think it's BS, prove him wrong.

I get tired of the financial threads too because there is nothing hew to say on the topic but deleting them just because I don't like them isn't doing a good job of moderating, IMO.

pchall
04-09-03, 04:38 PM
They need a sense of humour.

Irony and sarcasm are lost on those folks.

mapguy
04-09-03, 04:38 PM
If you're sick of what he says and think it's BS, prove him wrong.

I get tired of the financial threads too because there is nothing hew to say on the topic but deleting them just because I don't like them isn't doing a good job of moderating, IMO.

There is no point in trying to talk to someone who is deaf. He has no clue about "Pook-Fare".

Point in fact: Wilke posts any time C^RT's stock drops a 1/4 of a point. C^RT's stock shoots up a few points and make a post stating that Jim must be away from the PC. It got deleted.

Eff 'em. It is a joke that T13 and 220 can go onto 7G and tell lies but if someone tries vigorously defend C^RT on their board. POOF!

Forget it. Tell do it again to delete my account.

BTW. Speaks volumes that TF has no C^RT dates on it's calender. Why bother having a C^RT forum other than to let the 'faithful' to bash C^RT without getting it off topic on the IRL forum?

pchall
04-09-03, 04:45 PM

Tell do it again to delete my account.

That's in effect what I did.

And now they don't like it when I mention that the small little paper cuts I administered on a regular basis annoyed the heck out of them.

Ziggy
04-09-03, 04:49 PM
Mapguy, I think you should write the powers at be at the TurdForum. I could care less of the coming's and going's on over there. I never registered, and the reason is, I dont care. Lets not plug this board up with Lemming History (revised of course) or Lemming Speak

Ziggy

pchall
04-09-03, 04:52 PM
Ziggy has a very good point.

Now, we just all need to ignore that one of the erstwhile regulars here is bringing his kitty litter to this forum.

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 04:56 PM
Now, we just all need to ignore that one of the erstwhile regulars here is bring his kitty litter to this forum.

It just breaks my heart that you're going to ignore me, pchall.

It's your very being that brings meaning to my posts anywhere on the Internet.

I haven't been so heart-broken since Tyce Carlson wanted to kick my butt on live radio.

:cry:

Kate
04-09-03, 08:30 PM
What was this thread about again? :confused:

Oh, right. 1993, the last good year Formula One actually had.

It'll be good to see Prost and Senna going hammer and tongs again and DeCrasheris deciding where to destroy that Tyrell this weekend ... and to see Gerhard Berger and Mikey cartwheeling side by side down the tire wall ... and that great back flip Fittipaldi did in the Minardi ... and to listen to "Mik HAIL" Schumacher whine that somebody ought to report Senna to the stewards for driving other people off the track, chopping across them, and all those other things since ruled legal when Schumacher does them.

Not to mention seeing Alex Zanardi in that poor excuse for a Lola, Eddie Irvine getting gobsmacked by Senna, and a very young Jean Alesi making the best of a Ferrari that on a good day would make it to a tire stop.

Even though we all know how it came out, it's bound to be far more exciting than that sad travesty we call Formula One these days.

pchall
04-09-03, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Kate
What was this thread about again? :confused:

Oh, right. 1993, the last good year Formula One actually had.

Sorry Kate.

Old arguments with forum mods/owners die hard.

BTW, I'd love to post about the 1993 F1 season, but that is years before some other fans/site owners/posters even discovered formula car racing.

RTKar
04-09-03, 09:29 PM
Kate, wasn't Zanardi in a Lotus (not a Lola) until he had a major shunt at Spa?

pchall
04-09-03, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
Kate, wasn't Zanardi in a Lotus (not a Lola) until he had a major shunt at Spa?

Zanardi was indeed a Team Lotus driver.

nz_climber
04-10-03, 07:25 AM
1993 sounds interesting ... bugger they don't show quality stuff like that over here :(

and your right pc it was long long before i was introduced to automobile racing of any sort!!!

Kate
04-10-03, 12:49 PM
Oops, sorry it was a Lotus that Zanardi drove (and Johnny Herbert was his teammate). Who was the poor unhappy soul in the Lola? I can see his face but I can't recall his name. Luca Bador?

Lizzerd
04-10-03, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Kate
Oops, sorry it was a Lotus that Zanardi drove (and Johnny Herbert was his teammate). Who was the poor unhappy soul in the Lola? I can see his face but I can't recall his name. Luca Bador?

The Lola in 1997 was a joke. Ricardo Rosset and Vincenzo Sospiri missed the 107% cutoff by some 6 - 7 seconds, 11 - 12 seconds slower than the pole speed at Melborne. By the next race, the team had collapsed. This (http://f1rejects.crosswinds.net/) is a really cool site for all sorts of good reading.

Incedently, in May of the same year, Sospiri started on the front row of the irl 500, finishing 17th.

Hot Rod Otis
04-10-03, 02:41 PM
If I recall correctly, the Lolas in 1993 were driven by Badoer & Michele Alboreto and were sponsored by Chesterfield cigarettes. They were better than the 1997 Lola, although not by much.

RacinM3
04-10-03, 04:16 PM
If you have to sell a child to see the race at Donnington, then do it.

Grand Prix of Europe (June 22, 9 p.m.)

Lizzerd
04-10-03, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Hot Rod Otis
If I recall correctly, the Lolas in 1993 were driven by Badoer & Michele Alboreto and were sponsored by Chesterfield cigarettes. They were better than the 1997 Lola, although not by much.

Right you are, Otis. I guess I should have stayed on topic (1993).

Kate
04-10-03, 10:17 PM
Yes, it was Alboreto I remember looking so sad and resigned in that car, although he was always (God rest him) glad to drive anything with wheels.

Wasn't 1993 the year Berger shot across the track out of Pit Out and somehow miraculously missed being t-boned by Derek Warwick?