PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP Assen (spoilers)

Rogue Leader
06-25-06, 06:56 PM
Holy ****..... I cant believe that finish. Poor Edwards but man I was on the edge of my seat!!!

oddlycalm
06-26-06, 02:04 PM
Yeah, what a finish. Nicky doing the motocross thing through the left side gravel trap to take the win while Edwards gets off on his head in the opposite gravel trap. Wasn't the ending I expected, but on reflection it's about the only way it could have gone down as neither Haydon or Edwards was going to give up. So much for not taking any big chances and protecting the series lead... :D That boy came to race. Helluva ride by Edwards who nearly led flag to flag. Good ride by Pedrosa as well to get himself into position for a podium. Best weekend for Repsol Honda for a very long time.

Haydon stretches his points lead out to 42 and with the next race in a week his competition is still going to be quite sore. Long way to go yet, but his chances for actually winning this thing are looking better.

oc

PS - The early laps were pretty cool as well. Been a long time since we've seen US riders in 1st, 2nd and 3rd during a race. Too bad about Hopkins' tires going off.