PDA

View Full Version : 2 in a row for AJ

cart7
06-25-06, 04:55 PM
WTG AJ!

and how about Speedy Dan making that last lap all that it could be. :laugh:

Fio1
06-25-06, 05:03 PM
I had a feeling he would win again. Kind of like Mansell did in F1 in 1985; once you win 1 the second comes easy. Didn't Bourdais do that as well; win two in a row for his first 2 wins?

KLang
06-25-06, 05:06 PM
Good Job AJ :thumbup:

Too bad the way things worked out for Nelson and Mario. :(

I wish they would have interviewed PT. It would have been nice to hear his take on that first lap incident. It wasn't clear from the video what actually happened. Glad to hear SB is OK.

NismoZ
06-25-06, 05:19 PM
Was it just me or was there a disproportionate amount of pretty crummy driving from veteran champs to young rooks? Interesting what happens when the track minimizes the severity of most race ending mistakes (had they been on many other courses.) Yes AJ/Forsythe is on a roll and so is PT, although rolling the wrong way! I will enter no debate on that lap 1 exhibition. :shakehead The new pit set-up looked to be a success. Had to be better for the fans in the stands. Were competitors happy with it? Sooo happy Sebastian isn't hurt badly! Go ChampCar!

gjc2
06-25-06, 05:24 PM
I had a feeling he would win again. Kind of like Mansell did in F1 in 1985; once you win 1 the second comes easy. Didn't Bourdais do that as well; win two in a row for his first 2 wins?

That's exactly what I thought.

Insomniac
06-25-06, 05:45 PM
Good Job AJ :thumbup:

Too bad the way things worked out for Nelson and Mario. :(

I wish they would have interviewed PT. It would have been nice to hear his take on that first lap incident. It wasn't clear from the video what actually happened. Glad to hear SB is OK.

Yeah, I was waiting for the PT interview as well. Seems like he's been ducking out and avoiding interviews.

I may be eating my words, I figured the championship would be over with a lot of racing left. AJ may just make a race out of it. :thumbup:

Accipiter
06-25-06, 05:58 PM
From fired to winner was a good story. From fired to Champion would be spectacular! :D

Dr. Corkski
06-25-06, 08:47 PM
Fosrythe fired the wrong driver again. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Wally
06-25-06, 09:16 PM
..... :laugh: ......

Oh and kudos to the kid... :thumbup:

coolhand
06-25-06, 10:19 PM
Fosrythe fired the wrong driver again. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

LOL, I saw all those clips of him spinning out all weekend. He then proceeds to ride on top of Bourdais almost killing him, makes contact with Pastarmi boy, and they totally misses turn 8 and crushes the wall.

Nelson Phillipe and Mario D. ran great races, both got screwed by CTE-HVM in one way or another.

Gangrel
06-25-06, 11:05 PM

...and Greg Moore. Milwaukee, then drove past the Pac West boys on the last lap for his second consecutive and second of his career.

:(

devilmaster
06-25-06, 11:24 PM
...and Greg Moore. Milwaukee, then drove past the Pac West boys on the last lap for his second consecutive and second of his career.

:(

Man, I remember that race so well.... listening to the scanner, screaming my head off as I heard moore would win.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8urxj94ral0

RTKar
06-25-06, 11:34 PM
Nice job staying out of the trouble that found so many others. The series really could use a Yank doing well and with PT getting long in the tooth, another star driver.

Fio1
06-25-06, 11:48 PM

Oh ya, that's right! :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
06-25-06, 11:59 PM
I had a feeling he would win again. Kind of like Mansell did in F1 in 1985; once you win 1 the second comes easy...
Then again, A.J. made his first one look pretty easy, as well. :cool: