PDA

View Full Version : Why are they still busting Lance's balls?

Fio1
06-24-06, 01:49 PM
Now Frankie Andreu's wife: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-armstrong24jun24,0,7844792.story?coll=la-home-sports

Armstrong is retired, let him be! There was no one else who trained harder then him, there was no one else who was a better racer then him. He won the Tour 7 times, because he was the best at those races. If Miguel Indurain was still around, I'm not sure he would have won all 7. Lance Armstrong is a 7 time Toru de France winner, Pure and simple. It's true that he was not in contention before he fought cancer. But, he did win stages and other races. It's a fact that he lost a lot of mass, but didn't lose any strength.

Insomniac
06-24-06, 01:52 PM
Now Frankie Andreu's wife: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-armstrong24jun24,0,7844792.story?coll=la-home-sports

Armstrong is retired, let him be! There was no one else who trained harder then him, there was no one else who was a better racer then him. He won the Tour 7 times, because he was the best at those races. If Miguel Indurain was still around, I'm not sure he would have won all 7. Lance Armstrong is a 7 time Toru de France winner, Pure and simple. It's true that he was not in contention before he fought cancer. But, he did win stages and other races. It's a fact that he lost a lot of mass, but didn't lose any strength.

When you're on top and dominate something, people want to take you down. BTW--There's a typo in the title. ;)

Cam
06-24-06, 04:57 PM
There's a typo in the title. ;)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Fitti Fan
06-24-06, 05:02 PM
There's a typo in the title. ;)

I noticed that immediately.

-s

Classic Apex
06-24-06, 06:10 PM
BTW--There's a typo in the title. ;)

Ohhhhh jeez.

:rofl:

indyfan31
11-05-06, 05:50 PM
I just watched the N.Y. Marathon on TV. Lance finished it in 2:59 and a few seconds. Damned impessive for someone who's longest run in training was only 16 miles! He showed it too, it looked like was about lose his lunch after crossing the finish. Of course it didn't hurt that he had Silva and Salazar as pacers, nice running company. :thumbup:

The best I've ever done is a 4:01, so to me 3:00 is a killer time for a first timer. I've said it before and I'll say it again .... I hate talent. :cool:

Methanolandbrats
11-05-06, 08:54 PM
Lance gets his ball busted for the same reason Schumi get's his balls busted. Whenever you achieve the unbelievable, a handful of losers and retards motivated by jealousy or hampered by stupidity will attack.

As far as the marathon goes, anyone with a VO2 max like Lance can run a 3 hour marathon on very little training. If he had taken up running instead of biking he would have been sub 2:20.

Ankf00
11-05-06, 08:59 PM
well that and the list of lance's teammates who've been busted for doping in the past is now longer than the line to kick FTG's ass

FTG
11-05-06, 09:56 PM
well that and the list of lance's teammates who've been busted for doping in the past is now longer than the line to kick FTG's ass

And steroids give cyclists an edge when climbing mountains. And steroids cause testicular cancer. And the fastest runner in the world was caught taking steroids. And the best home running hitters all took steroids. And lots of NFL players have admitted taking steroids.

FTG
11-05-06, 09:57 PM
Lance gets his ball busted for the same reason Schumi get's his balls busted. Whenever you achieve the unbelievable, a handful of losers and retards motivated by jealousy or hampered by stupidity will attack.

Same thing happened to Ben Johnson and Jose Conseco.