PDA

View Full Version : Krohn, Fernandez, Ganassi get tossed

FCYTravis
06-23-06, 07:03 PM
The top three cars in Rolex Series qualifying today were all disqualified - and they were all disqualified for the exact same infraction.

Apparently, all three were too wide :laugh:

Steve99
06-23-06, 07:16 PM
Well, Ganassi I can understand, and I don't know what Krohn looks like, but Fernandez must be really packing on the pounds since he retired a few years ago.

:D

matthole
06-23-06, 10:05 PM
Fantastic! :thumbup: Just need to clear the rest of the 'field' off the grid, shut that disgusting abomination down permanently, and they'll finally have me as a fan! :gomer:

Are they 'racing' somewhere this weekend, or is this just a generalized, non-specific DQ?

Fio1
06-24-06, 12:58 AM
I think they tech the top 3 cars only, so maybe the 4th & 5th place guys were 'wide' as well. hey, doesn't Pontiac say that wide is better? :rolleyes:

FCYTravis
06-24-06, 05:53 AM
I think they tech the top 3 cars only, so maybe the 4th & 5th place guys were 'wide' as well. hey, doesn't Pontiac say that wide is better? :rolleyes:
No, they tech the top five cars. The 23 and 99 cars passed post-qualifying inspection and so were promoted to the pole and outside pole, respectively.

FCYTravis
06-24-06, 07:56 AM
Are they 'racing' somewhere this weekend, or is this just a generalized, non-specific DQ?
If only it were the latter :laugh:

Grand-Am is at Mid-Ohio, in The World's Worst Scheduling Decision. Evar. No, it's not some evil conspiracy - Grand-Am doesn't like the date either and it's going to be moved next year.

nissan gtp
06-24-06, 08:33 AM
No, they tech the top five cars.

interesting approach to rules enforcement :gomer: :rolleyes:

FCYTravis
06-24-06, 09:29 AM
interesting approach to rules enforcement :gomer: :rolleyes:
I'd go whine at Champ Car then too if I were you - they don't tech the whole field after qualifying either, unless they've changed procedures from a year or so ago.

Every car is teched at the beginning of the weekend, and the top 5 cars in qualifying get re-teched.

:rolleyes: right back :p

cameraman
06-24-06, 11:34 AM
So what bit of the car are they measuring?

BobN
06-24-06, 11:41 AM
So what bit of the car are they measuring?

The windshield. :rofl: :rofl:

FCYTravis
06-24-06, 11:42 AM
The windshield. :rofl: :rofl:
:laugh:

pchall
06-24-06, 01:58 PM
... doesn't Pontiac say that wide is better? :rolleyes:

At one time they were right.

Of course, that is being filtered through high school memories of owning a '68 SOHC 6 Firebird and working on a '66 GTO drag car with my buddies.

Wide Tracking forever now that I buy a waist 36!

Sean O'Gorman
06-24-06, 11:36 PM
Since we all seem to be having fun poking each other in the eyes in this thread, I'll go ahead and say it. There were more people at tonight's Grand-Am race than there were for the ALMS race back in May.

grafddrx7
06-25-06, 01:26 AM
Since we all seem to be having fun poking each other in the eyes in this thread, I'll go ahead and say it. There were more people at tonight's Grand-Am race than there were for the ALMS race back in May.

More people buy Brittany Spears CD's than Stevie Ray Vaughn.... Better music though??? ;)

Sean O'Gorman
06-25-06, 08:32 AM
Wow, you guys have an answer for everything. If no one was there, y'all would be saying "see, its proof that nobody likes Grand-Am."

extramundane
06-25-06, 08:52 PM

Why on earth did you even go to the ALMS race? Surely your delicate road-racing sensibilities were tweaked by the mere presence of the ACO ruleset, even in modified form.

Sean O'Gorman
06-25-06, 09:33 PM
Don't make me call you a moron again, I got explicit permission from nrc and RaceGrrl today that I can say whatever I want on the forums until they get home from Cleveland!!! :p

nrc
06-25-06, 09:44 PM
Don't make me call you a moron again, I got explicit permission from nrc and RaceGrrl today that I can say whatever I want on the forums until they get home from Cleveland!!! :p
Hmm. I have a different recollection of the conversation. It was more like, "It will be two hours before we can get home and punish you."

Sean O'Gorman
06-25-06, 10:02 PM
Clearly the line was open to interpretation. ;)

Easy
06-26-06, 11:10 AM
Post qual and race tech (beyond weight) usually is the top 3-5 in most road race series.