PDA

View Full Version : What a storm!!

JLMannin
06-20-06, 10:34 PM
We had a real swift and furious storm on the NW side of Indy yesterday - likely a microburst. Trees and limbs were down, our power was out for over nine hours. I has stuff on my patio that blew in opposite directions!! Probably created a vacuum on the side of the house that sent stuff the oposite direction of the wind. Our AC compressor unit was blown off its stand, but the hoses were still attached. I had a smoker blow apart and the vertical tube section was 650 feet away (I measured it using the point-to-point feature of Google maps) All the carnage was north of I-74. It was sunny all day on the south side on Indy yesterday.

Lizzerd
06-20-06, 11:52 PM
I had some serious wind and lotsa rain on the East side, call it Post Road and 1-70, but nothing like that.

A tornado trashed my neighborhood in '02, though. Missed my house by a hundred yards, but took most of the tree in my front yard (and my mailbox that it fell on). That gave me a new respect for those "watches" and "warnings" you hear when things get nasty.

Weather can be a daily adventure here this time of year.

Ed_Severson
06-21-06, 12:02 AM
During the day or evening?

I got a bit disoriented during our approach last night so I'm not sure what part of town it was in (thought it was SE of downtown, actually), but on my flight back from Portland I saw about 10 minutes of the most awesome thunderstorm you could imagine. It was quite a show. :eek:

ChampcarShark
06-21-06, 01:40 PM
Weather is so unpredictable. Glad you guys are OK

We been havin dust storms quite ofted in this area, we are surrounded by mountains and last week it looked like a tornado in some parts of the city. You could see a huge cloud of dust and stron winds moving thru the middle of the city in a northward direction, it was crazy.

We have never seen anything like that. Usually dust storms and high wind is spread all over the city.

Hard Driver
06-22-06, 09:44 AM
It must of been God aiming for TG.

Spicoli
06-22-06, 10:24 AM
It must of been God aiming for TG.

that's my feeling.

Never hits my house. :)

JLMannin
06-22-06, 09:56 PM
that's my feeling.

Never hits my house. :)

So, where does TG bank??

Sean O'Gorman
06-23-06, 10:32 AM
My claims office has apparently been swamped so it looks like I'll be spending a good part of the weekend helping out on storm claims. I may have to miss both races I was going to this weekend. :(

Spicoli
06-23-06, 10:49 AM
So, where does TG bank??

at the bank? :gomer:

No, seriously, wtf are you axing me? :confused:

JLMannin
06-25-06, 11:44 AM
at the bank? :gomer:

No, seriously, wtf are you axing me? :confused:

Was your building the one with the curtain wall blown off?