PDA

View Full Version : Is your Off-Camber-ing a secret?

vancouver
06-20-06, 10:16 AM
I saw this on another forum. Answer the question.

Are you open about it or do you view this site as personal ''me'' time Where you can forget about all your worries etc.

I have found that most people dont admit posting on forums cos they believ it will make them sound nerdy...

Gangrel
06-20-06, 10:19 AM
Ummm......huh? :saywhat:

racer2c
06-20-06, 11:21 AM
Very open. My wife is a long time CCWS/F1 fan so I keep her abreast of the OC rumblings regarding the racing and quite often I find myself saying things to her like "well, I read on the board the other day that so and so recommends this or that". I've learned quite a bit of useful tidbits in the community section over the years.

swift
06-20-06, 11:50 AM
it's not a secret to my employer's network administrator who monitors all of my internet usage on company time.

KLang
06-20-06, 11:52 AM
My wife knows, thinks we're all nuts too. :gomer: I doubt she ever checks in here.

Andrew Longman
06-20-06, 12:02 PM
I have found that most people dont admit posting on forums cos they believ it will make them sound nerdy...

In my case I don't believe it would make any difference. :gomer:

IlliniRacer
06-20-06, 12:05 PM
I could tell you, but I would have to kill us all.

Cam
06-20-06, 12:39 PM
it's not a secret to my employer's network administrator who monitors all of my internet usage on company time.

It's good to be the king^H^H^H^H network admin. :D

skaven
06-20-06, 12:46 PM
My wife knows, thinks we're all nuts too. :gomer: I doubt she ever checks in here.

My fiance (less than 2 weeks will be wife) knows... and having met Spicly and Ank, knows we're all nuts too. :laugh:

I used to worry that my dad at TF would stalk me over here, but I'm over that too... at this point, we've had the face to face where I blame FTG for everything and he blames CART for everything... :gomer:

Ankf00
06-20-06, 01:01 PM
I used to worry that my dad at TF would stalk me over here, but I'm over that too... at this point, we've had the face to face where I blame FTG for everything and he blames CART for everything... :gomer:

d00d!! :rofl: you're joking right? you're not really bred from gomer stock are you? :saywhat:

RusH
06-20-06, 01:05 PM
h

IlliniRacer
06-20-06, 01:33 PM
My fiance (less than 2 weeks will be wife) knows... and having met Spicly and Ank, knows we're all nuts too. :laugh:

and she is STILL going to marry you??? :confused:

Kudos!! :thumbup:

Spicoli
06-20-06, 01:45 PM
d00d!! :rofl: you're joking right? you're not really bred from gomer stock are you? :saywhat:

downtown speedway Indee-Anner, mudder****er! :gomer: :rofl:

Were you too ****ed up to listen to that?

Sean O'Gorman
06-20-06, 01:45 PM
Lets just say that everyone in my life is pretty aware of OC.

Spicoli
06-20-06, 01:51 PM

They were very gracious hosts, as most OC'ers are.

RHR_Fan
06-20-06, 04:41 PM
No because my brother posts occasionally and reads the forums. Can't really be that secret!

~Nicole

rabbit
06-20-06, 06:59 PM
No because my brother posts occasionally and reads the forums. Can't really be that secret!

~Nicole
What is the former Rahalnut posting under these days?

RHR_Fan
06-20-06, 10:53 PM
What is the former Rahalnut posting under these days?

I think just "Tim." Not sure though.

~Nicole

vancouver
06-21-06, 03:37 PM
...saying things to her like "well, I read on the board the other day that so and so recommends this or that".

Thats the thing, I could never do that.. My friends would say why are you are even considering the opinions of bunch of wierd people on the net for?

racer2c
06-21-06, 03:58 PM
Thats the thing, I could never do that.. My friends would say why are you are even considering the opinions of bunch of wierd people on the net for?

How do they know we're wierd? ;)

Opposite Lock
06-21-06, 04:01 PM
How do they know we're wierd? ;)

I bet they drive on the wrong side of the road too. :gomer:

Ankf00
06-21-06, 04:05 PM
my sister & parents think I stayed with a college buddy in Colorado, same for all my trips to Montreal :laugh:

many of the people I know (the net savvy ones anyways) read some kind of forum or other for some purpose, A/V, howardforums for cell phones, whatever... so *shrug* what's to hide?

Spicoli
06-21-06, 04:22 PM
my sister & parents think I stayed with a college buddy in Colorado, same for all my trips to Montreal :laugh:

many of the people I know (the net savvy ones anyways) read some kind of forum or other for some purpose, A/V, howardforums for cell phones, whatever... so *shrug* what's to hide?

do they know you're gay yet?

Ankf00
06-21-06, 04:29 PM
they know about some old man with frizzy grey hair trying to accost me up north :gomer:

RaceGrrl
06-21-06, 04:43 PM
http://www.oohshiny.net/gallery/d/173-2/pwned-facekick.jpg

Cam
06-21-06, 05:13 PM
http://www.oohshiny.net/gallery/d/173-2/pwned-facekick.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Spicoli
06-21-06, 05:49 PM
I am a goober

Dang dood..... :shakehead

Ankf00
06-21-06, 06:16 PM
:cry:

Ankf00
06-21-06, 06:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/snakes-aa-big.gif

TKGAngel
06-21-06, 07:29 PM

My friends think I'm nuts for liking racing to begin with. Adding in the internet forum thing would probably cause them to consider me certifiable.

skaven
06-21-06, 10:25 PM

She's over it now... :laugh:

Anteater
06-23-06, 10:01 PM
My friends think I'm nuts for liking racing to begin with.
Why, they sound just like MY friends! Especially my dancer buddies. I'll never forget one of them saying, "You're into AUTO racing? Huh, that's weird!" :rofl: Tough to be a lady who likes racing.

My forum habit is no secret to anyone, though.

anait
06-23-06, 10:40 PM
My friends know all about my forum habit. Mr anait used to check up on my posting, not that it would ever bother him, he just wants to be in on the conversations. :D He often asks if we're talking about such-and-such a topic when he hears about it elsewhere.

Some of my friends like racing, some aren't into it...only a couple are into forum posting at all. So they don't totally understand this funky little milieu, but they trust my judgement. :p And they know we've met some very good folks through it.

Kahauna Dreamer
06-24-06, 02:07 AM
open, but only 60-something posts in almost 3 years...I still feel like i'm trespassing because everyone who knows me here only knows me by my worst behavior everywhere else... :o

grungex
06-24-06, 09:18 AM
Hey, at least you show up as a veteran! :p

Cam
06-24-06, 09:37 AM
Hey, at least you show up as a veteran! :p

Rookies! :flame: ;) :gomer:

Kahauna Dreamer
06-24-06, 10:20 AM
oh, don't worry—i'm not going to start posting and dropping 'shops here to make up for lost time now...

TravelGal
06-24-06, 07:14 PM
One of the funniest moments I *ever* had was going to a board of directors meeting in Chicago a few years ago and blurting out that I was having dinner "with someone I met on the internet." They were all *aghast*! "Are you nuts? Be careful"! etc., etc. I just laughed at them all. There was no way they would accept, no matter how much I tried to explain, that we all know each other pretty well and post and chat often.

I don't know if anyone remembers Xen from 7G but he is one of the nicest people on the planet. I had never met him until that evening but I can tell you he is even nicer in person that on the net.

Before this I was active in the Jamie (James) Denton fan sites and even arranged dinners where Jamie came to meet his fans, so this internet stuff seems completely normal to me and to TravelGuy.

As far as posting here, I tell TravelGuy about most of the discussions. He knows most of you too, even though you hardly know him. He also knows we're all a bunch of loony tunes (said with great affection, of course).

And to think he's the one who got me interested in racing!

anait
06-24-06, 07:23 PM
I don't know if anyone remembers Xen from 7G but he is one of the nicest people on the planet.

Yep, he was a chat regular for a while, I always enjoyed talking with him.