PDA

View Full Version : Lone American wins in Portland. Seriously.

pressdog
06-19-06, 11:34 PM
I'm a note-taking freak. Bourdais did not win. Seriously. I can't get enough of Derek.

Notes from the Champ Car Race at Portland 2006 (http://pressdog.blogspot.com)

nrc
06-20-06, 01:05 AM
Your Lynn Kush link is broken. It'd be a shame if any of your readers were to miss out on that. :)

meadors
06-20-06, 01:14 AM
just remember to put the . after the www that'll fix it :) :cool: :cool: :cool:

pressdog
06-20-06, 07:41 AM
just remember to put the . after the www that'll fix it :) :cool: :cool: :cool:
Just fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

oddlycalm
06-20-06, 01:58 PM
Dude, you missed calling the most important part of any DD commentary; on what lap was "hold onto your hollyhocks" first uttered. :gomer:

oc

pressdog
06-20-06, 02:15 PM
Dude, you missed calling the most important part of any DD commentary; on what lap was "hold onto your hollyhocks" first uttered. :gomer:

oc
I'd have to go back to the tape to get the lap. It was very late, or maybe I missed the first one. I'll try to make a note of the lap in the future.

oddlycalm
06-20-06, 02:33 PM
I'd have to go back to the tape to get the lap. It was very late, or maybe I missed the first one. I'll try to make a note of the lap in the future. Yeah, it was way late in the race, somewhere around lap 78-80 I think. I remember thinking at the time that he musta had a helluva time holding it in all that time.... :D

Then again, he may have been given a one hollyhock per race quota by the director.... :gomer:

oc

pressdog
06-21-06, 09:43 AM
Yeah, it was way late in the race, somewhere around lap 78-80 I think. I remember thinking at the time that he musta had a helluva time holding it in all that time.... :D

Then again, he may have been given a one hollyhock per race quota by the director.... :gomer:

oc
I checked the tape. He said it with 10 to go (I believe that makes it lap 95). I updated the blog with that bit of info for posterity.