PDA

View Full Version : Lord Stanley's Cup Belongs In...

pchall
06-19-06, 07:25 PM
Canada!

I'm making my popcorn and chilling a six of Upper Canada Lager right now.

Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers!

Down with the Hartford Whalers, errr... Carolina Hurricanes... whatever. :rolleyes:

Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers! Let's go Oilers!

Night Train
06-19-06, 07:38 PM
The cup belongs with whichever team wins tonight....

rabbit
06-19-06, 09:57 PM
Way to throw away a 5-on-3. :rolleyes:

RusH
06-19-06, 11:33 PM
The party in Hartford, Connecticut must be rwakin` :gomer: :thumbup:

Night Train
06-20-06, 12:33 AM
I don't know what to say....

Needless to say, I'm a bit overjoyed.

http://www.nhl.com/features/gallery/finals/gm7/images/brindamour.jpg

Dr. Corkski
06-20-06, 02:21 AM
Congrats to the Carolina players. :thumbup:

But I am sure Peter Karmanos will probably have Compuware engraved on the spot where the players' names should be. :thumdown:

TKGAngel
06-20-06, 08:18 AM
Congrats to Carolina.

Also congrats to the fans as well. The arena sounded loud on the television, like they were really into it. And also, from what my co-workers who went to Carolina during the Buffalo series said, the people were nice as heck. No heckling, asked about Buffalo, etc. Props to them :thumbup:

dando
06-20-06, 10:26 AM
http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/fotosrch/3/20060620_71116006CP114_Edmonton_Oile_GTY.jpg

Congrats, 'canes! :cool:

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-20-06, 11:58 AM
Good game last night.... back and forth, good chances on both sides, hopefully it helped the game gain some ground where it lost it.

Congrats to the Hurricanes, who used to own the Windsor Spitfires - Jimmy Rutherford is a good GM, brought the Spits to the Memorial Cup final, and now has Stanley.

extramundane
06-20-06, 12:44 PM
And also, from what my co-workers who went to Carolina during the Buffalo series said, the people were nice as heck. No heckling, asked about Buffalo, etc. Props to them :thumbup:

That's because everyone in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill is actually from the northeast! The last native North Carolinian in the Triangle got driven out in a tearful 2002 ceremony attended by offshore IT consultants, Duke University fancyboys and wannabe hipsters who "really wanted to move to Austin, but my friend knows Mac from Superchunk, so we came here instead."

Night Train
06-20-06, 02:13 PM
^ truer than most realize (unfortunately ;) )

*ducks*

I'm actually from the hick town of Greenville, NC, so I can say that...

devilmaster
06-20-06, 07:00 PM
so zap2it's report.....

For the night, CBS averaged a 5.8 rating/10 share, far ahead of the 3.9/7 for FOX. ABC was right behind in third with a 3.6/6, nipping the 3.5/6 for NBC (though NBC averaged more viewers). The WB and UPN continued to play out the string with matching totals of 1.3/2 on the night.

FOX won the night among adults 18-49 with a 2.7 rating in the all-important demographic, just topping the 2.6 rating for CBS. NBC's hockey earned a 2.3 rating for third place, beating the 2.0 rating for ABC. UPN had a 0.8 rating, thumping the 0.7 rating turned in by The WB.

CBS began its evening sweep at 8 p.m. with the 4.6/8 averaged by "The King of Queens" and "How I Met Your Mother." ABC's "Wife Swap" had a 4.1/7 for second, while FOX's "Hell's Kitchen" repeat was third with a 3.2/6. On NBC, the start of Carolina's NHL win was fourth. The WB's "7th Heaven" (which The CW kept instead of "Everwood") was fifth with a 1.4/2, though UPN's "One on One" and "All of Us" averaged more viewers.

At 9 p.m., a pair of "Two and a Half Men" episodes averaged a 5.3/9 for CBS. FOX's new "Hell's Kitchen" improved to a 4.7/7 and second place, dropping ABC to third with "Supernanny." NBC's NHL coverage was fourth with a 3.4/5. Another episode of "7th Heaven" on The WB and episodes of "Girlfriends" and "Half and Half" on UPN did roughly the same 1.3/2.

CBS closed the evening strong with the 7.5/13 for "CSI: Miami." The end of the hockey game had a 4.1/7 for NBC, destroying the 2.8/5 for ABC's "How to Get the Guy." What kind of network programming loses to hockey?

TKGAngel
06-20-06, 07:26 PM
What kind of network programming loses to hockey?

Apparently bad reality (so says the person who taped Hell's Kitchen), and sitcom repeats.

I guess the people that watch hockey enjoyed the finals, and everyone else can go jump in a lake.