PDA

View Full Version : vote for Phoenix

G.
06-19-06, 03:08 PM
Champ Car Fans,

Champ Car is looking to bring all of the excitement of Champ Car racing to downtown Phoenix next year. Some groups who do not support a Champ Car race in the area, including Phoenix International Raceway, have engaged in efforts to prevent the race from happening.

Champ Car recently worked to defeat a bill introduced by NASCAR and PIR lobbyists in the Arizona State Legislature that would have effectively made it illegal in Arizona to run any type of race on a temporary circuit.

Now the Phoenix Business Journal, which is owned by the same parent company as the publishers of NASCAR Illustrated, is running a poll about the proposed Champ Car race to Phoenix.

The poll asks:

Businessmen Dale Jensen and Bradley Yonover have proposed a Champ Car World Series race through the streets of Phoenix near the area of Seventh, Jefferson and Lincoln streets, with the inaugural event slated for November 2007. Phoenix International Raceway President Bryan Sperber is leading a vocal effort in opposition to the race, saying it will be too costly and could jeopardize PIR's second NASCAR race. Feel free to comment on the issue in the space below.

We would like to encourage all Champ Car fans to demonstrate your support of the proposed Champ Car race. Simplify click on the following link to cast your vote:

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/poll/?poll_id=1268

Act now! Don’t miss your chance to make your opinions known.

Thanks for your help in supporting Champ Car’s effort to bring open wheel racing to Phoenix.

The Race Director

skaven
06-19-06, 05:20 PM
I just voted...

but Neckcar must be lobbying against this vote too as it is 53% against. :flame:

dando
06-19-06, 09:43 PM
I just voted...

but Neckcar must be lobbying against this vote too as it is 53% against. :flame:
There's no indication how many votes have been submitted. :saywhat: Down to 51% against and 47% for when I voted a moment ago. No clue how the other 2% voted. :gomer:

-Kevin