PDA

View Full Version : Frogs

KLang
06-18-06, 09:40 AM
No, not SB and Phillipe. ;)

Phillips article (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/26756/)

All 18 cars in tomorrow’s race will be running special “frog” decals. What’s with the frogs? They’re a nod to the recent comments of Arizona state senator Robert Blendu regarding the proposed Champ Car street race in Phoenix. Earlier this month, Blendu wrote an op-ed piece in The Arizona Republic in which he was sharply critical of the proposed event, siting the notoriously unsuccessful Formula 1 street races in Phoenix in the early ’90s and suggesting the Champ Car street race was simply “revisiting a failed street-race concept.”

Later, when speaking on the Arizona state senate floor with regard to legislation that would have effectively banned street races in the state (legislation that, in the opinion of Champ Car and the proposed race’s promoters, was drafted at the behest of lobbyists working at the behest of Phoenix International Raceway, the International Speedway Corporation and NASCAR), Blendu changed his tune. Saying he had been fed “rhetoric” about the evils of street racing when he wrote his op-ed piece, Blendu has since reversed field and now supports the efforts of Champ Car and promoter Dale Jensen to stage the race as part of a $300 million investment in downtown Phoenix.

“As far as I’m concerned, I don’t care if he (Jensen) wants to race frogs,” said Blendu.

Hence the decals

:laugh:

The article also has some Clarke merger crap in it. :thumdown:

Spicoli
06-18-06, 10:07 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

NismoZ
06-18-06, 10:09 AM
Saw that! Very funny. Reminds me of KKs "I have my hammer, too" statement! :) Lots of people can have hammers. One just has to know when and where to apply it!