PDA

View Full Version : Owner of Cleveland GP speaks

Napoleon
06-13-06, 05:01 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/business/video/index.ssf?/business/video/pd060608.html

mueber
06-14-06, 07:57 AM
Wow, someone who sounds more like a fan than like a businessman, nice. :thumbup:

G.
06-14-06, 11:46 AM
Man, that's a site to crash your browser!

Can you give a summary?

Napoleon
06-14-06, 06:51 PM
Can you give a summary?

They are suppose to run a print story from the interview on Sunday, so I will link to it once it is on their web site.

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-06, 06:10 PM
I was driving home from autocross this afternoon and I figured that since I'm passing Burke I might as well stop and check out the new grandstand locations. It is only cameraphone quality but I hope you can get some idea:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4223/image0091ld.jpg

pkvracing12
06-18-06, 06:27 PM
What section is this?

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-06, 06:44 PM
That was the Paul Tracy grandstand, I forget which letter that is.

Don Quixote
06-18-06, 07:04 PM
No way! That signage would imply that there is a live sponsor. :p

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-06, 08:28 PM
The sponsors that I saw:

Mi-Jack
Bridgestone
USBank
Budweiser

Dr. Corkski
06-18-06, 10:24 PM
That was the Paul Tracy grandstand, I forget which letter that is.Grandstand F or U? :gomer:

During the Portland telecast they kept advertising the "new" Cleveland GP now as a 3 day beach volleyball festival. Which means there better be a dramatic attendance increase to keep justify that crap.

Napoleon
06-19-06, 05:24 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/ontherecord/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/business/1150633873135170.xml&coll=2

By the way, they have been advertising the race like I have never seen them do it before.

pchall
06-19-06, 06:23 AM
Grandstand F or U? :gomer:

During the Portland telecast they kept advertising the "new" Cleveland GP now as a 3 day beach volleyball festival. Which means there better be a dramatic attendance increase to keep justify that crap.

Were you watching the same commercial I was? They actually showed racing cars and a PT donut along with the other attractions. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the change in ownership and the additions to the weekend's activities.

Maybe Mike Lanigan someday will relieve Michelle Gajoch of the onerous duties involved in not promoting racing at Mid-Ohio. :p

TKGAngel
06-19-06, 08:19 AM
I thought the commercials for the race were actually pretty good. The media person in me is wondering if they did a network buy (which is a big waste of $$, IMO), or if they did a regional buy, targeting a radius around Cleveland.

If, as Napolean said, they're promoting the heck out of the race, I wouldn't be suprised to see newspaper ads in places like Buffalo, Erie, Toledo, etc.

And PT's grandstand is the G stand. Next to SeeBass in the F. :)

KLang
06-19-06, 09:13 AM
The media person in me is wondering if they did a network buy (which is a big waste of $$, IMO), or if they did a regional buy, targeting a radius around Cleveland.

Although I fast-forwarded through them the Cleveland ads were broadcast here in Houston as well.

Don Quixote
06-19-06, 09:19 AM
Cleveland ads were shown in Denver also.

ChampcarShark
06-19-06, 10:07 AM
El paso area, (far, far, far west Texas) present with the cleveland and the canadian ads.

Andrew Longman
06-19-06, 12:36 PM
That was the Paul Tracy grandstand, I forget which letter that is.

I believe that is G. That platform on the left will be the handicap seating.

And yes they ran the CGP ad several times in NYC during the Portland race. Along with Denver, SJ and Toronto. Toronto had the coolest ad.