PDA

View Full Version : KFC fried chicken identified as high fat food

JLMannin
06-13-06, 04:54 PM
This poll was inspired by a news story I saw on-line today Link to article about another stupid lawsuit from the society to promote junk science or what ever they are called (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2070417&page=1)

eiregosod
06-13-06, 07:30 PM
I'm not very well edjumacted in the biologies subjects. fats, trans fats, good fats bad fats. its all jargon to me.

devilmaster
06-13-06, 08:08 PM
first off, oil doesn't boil at the temps used to cook food..... ;)

2nd thing - for all those people who think its their job to save society from its ills.... Everything in this world will kill you if you have too much of it..... even water! (its called drowning)

If eaten in moderation, you can survive a KFC dinner. (i usually have kentucky duck once every 6 months to remind myself why I haven't had it in 6 months....)

Hell, just the other day I took half a chicken breast, coated it in cajun spice and garlic powder, dredged it in flour and southern-style pan fryed it, ala alton brown's recipe.

Threw it on top of a salad and called it a meal. I do that once in a while and its good... yum.

Ankf00
06-13-06, 08:39 PM
mmmmm, greasy, fatty birdie...

*drool*

think i'll walk around the corner to the taqueria and pick up some tacos al pastor dripping in oil :)

IlliniRacer
06-13-06, 09:24 PM
Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

cart7
06-13-06, 09:43 PM
I worked at the local KFC during my teen years.

Back then we'd pull all the fat off the chicken and toss it in a 55 gallon drum out back. About once a week the fat guy came around and emptied the drum into a storage container on his truck. What he did with it I have no idea. That drum out back used to get pretty ranky in the summer.

Oh, BTW, you should see what they make the gravy out of. ;)

racer2c
06-13-06, 09:59 PM
KFC grows their chickens in test tubes without heads and four legs and four wings. I read that on the interweb circa '03. :gomer:

Opposite Lock
06-13-06, 10:18 PM
About once a week the fat guy came around and emptied the drum into a storage container on his truck. What he did with it I have no idea. That drum out back used to get pretty ranky in the summer.

A couple summers ago, there were a bunch of fat/rendering thefts in Chicago. Restaurants reportedly started chaining and locking their depositories so that "renegade" recyclers wouldn't steal the goods before the contracted companies could pick them up. I still wonder about the economics of the grease recycling industry.

devilmaster
06-13-06, 10:30 PM
A couple summers ago, there were a bunch of fat/rendering thefts in Chicago. Restaurants reportedly started chaining and locking their depositories so that "renegade" recyclers wouldn't steal the goods before the contracted companies could pick them up. I still wonder about the economics of the grease recycling industry.

Probably happened shortly after the 'grease' episode of the Simpsons..... :D

eiregosod
06-13-06, 10:58 PM
Probably happened shortly after the 'grease' episode of the Simpsons..... :D

My retirement grease!!!!!!!!!!

Ankf00
06-14-06, 12:09 AM
KFC grows their chickens in test tubes without heads and four legs and four wings. I read that on the interweb circa '03. :gomer:
well, to be fair, their beaks & tails are cut off while being raised :gomer:

SteveH
06-15-06, 10:05 AM
"ate more chicken than any man ever seen."

:thumbup:

JoeBob
06-15-06, 10:33 AM
Oh, BTW, you should see what they make the gravy out of. ;)

I had a roommate in college that worked at KFC as well... he warned me about the gravy.

spinner26
06-15-06, 03:16 PM
KFC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, finger lickin' good, eat your heart out Pamela! :D

F Pita , F the fat police, F 'em all I love my KFC, original with a tub a slaw and some livers and gravy ummmgooooooooooooodddddddd!

Ankf00
06-15-06, 03:27 PM
KFC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, finger lickin' good, eat your heart out Pamela! :D

F Pita , F the fat police, F 'em all I love my KFC, original with a tub a slaw and some livers and gravy ummmgooooooooooooodddddddd!
:saywhat:

http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif

eiregosod
06-15-06, 05:31 PM
Its the media's fault for making you want to be thin. :gomer:

mexican
06-15-06, 05:40 PM
Its the media's fault for making you want to be thin. :gomer:

& healthy :gomer:

eiregosod
06-15-06, 06:01 PM
& healthy :gomer:

:gomer: :gomer:

I saw an advertisment on Tv yesterday , where one healthcare provider was now offering 'teeth whitening' as part of their basic HEALTH plan.

Whatever it takes in the beauty stakes to get ahead in this world.