PDA

View Full Version : Ok .. always was DL Roth fan, but this ...

racermike
06-12-06, 05:41 PM
whoa ....

http://petersreviews.com/videos/David_Lee_Roth_-_Jump.wmv

Didnt know whether to cheer, laugh, or cry on that one

Wheel-Nut
06-12-06, 05:53 PM
I heard an interview with him about that, he is 100% serious.

racer2c
06-12-06, 05:57 PM
Isn't that the only VH song he has the rights to? that sucked. Some songs just don't make good remakes, that is one of them. It's like if someone did a country version of Rockwell's "I Always Feel Like Sombody's Watching Me."

Lux Interior
06-12-06, 07:02 PM
You know, it's amazing what a lifetime of drugs and alcohol can do to a person.... :shakehead

indyfan31
06-12-06, 07:36 PM
whoa ....

http://petersreviews.com/videos/David_Lee_Roth_-_Jump.wmv

Didnt know whether to cheer, laugh, or cry on that one
I'll take cry, unless you have a "bang head with bottom of shoe" option. :shakehead

racer2c
06-12-06, 09:40 PM
You know, it's amazing what a lifetime of drugs and alcohol can do to a person.... :shakehead

Yeah, they make you think you're still relavent and cool. :)

CARTNUT
06-13-06, 12:35 AM
Wrongo Dave! That IS the worst that I seen!

However, Check out Paul Anka's "Rock Swings." 'Jump' is track #8.

I also like 'Smells Like Teen Spirit!'

Go Man, Go!

CARTNUT
06-13-06, 12:36 AM
Wrongo Dave! That IS the worst that I seen!

However, Check out Paul Anka's "Rock Swings." (http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/product.aspx?pid=11276&ob=bf&src=lb) 'Jump' is track #8.

I also like 'Smells Like Teen Spirit!'

Go Man, Go!

Michaelhatesfans
06-13-06, 03:47 AM
WTF was that??? :saywhat:

theunions
06-13-06, 04:38 AM
I saw that when it originally aired several weeks ago...horrific to say the least, and I don't even like the VH song to begin with.

Lux Interior
06-13-06, 06:56 AM
You know what I used to have but loaned away and lost? In a Metal Mod by Pat Boone. Pat does big band covers of Metallica, Judas Priest, Dio, Deep Purple, and Ozzy. Absolutely eye watering. Here's info on this gem -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005KOE/qid=1150195992/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-3479908-0027244?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

You can actually hear snippets of the songs if you scroll down. Just killer. Still, not nearly as dorkey as the David Lee Roth thing. I remember seeing Van Halen in Cleveland in 1981. I was like 16 years old, and the girls were ripping off their shirts and bras and throwing their bras up onto the stage for Dave to hang all over his mic stand. Oh how the mightly have fallen....

racermike
06-13-06, 12:01 PM
You know what I used to have but loaned away and lost? In a Metal Mod by Pat Boone. Pat does big band covers of Metallica, Judas Priest, Dio, Deep Purple, and Ozzy. Absolutely eye watering. Here's info on this gem -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005KOE/qid=1150195992/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-3479908-0027244?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

You can actually hear snippets of the songs if you scroll down. Just killer. Still, not nearly as dorkey as the David Lee Roth thing. I remember seeing Van Halen in Cleveland in 1981. I was like 16 years old, and the girls were ripping off their shirts and bras and throwing their bras up onto the stage for Dave to hang all over his mic stand. Oh how the mightly have fallen....

Kinda like my first experience with my first concert being Van Halen in Portland in 1984. Was also 16, never heard music that loud (was 7th row), never seen topless girls up to twice my age (throwing more than just bra's on the stage), and never realized how people could sneak in so much hooch & wacky tabacci into a concert. Eye opening, Ear shattering experience.

Redwing
06-13-06, 12:09 PM
I have a friend who works for the distributer of DLR's new album featuring all bluegrass versions of VH songs. DLR called it the 'party album of the summer' in the conference call. Diamond dave is now an EMT in Jersey, so now if you get into a car crash, or your wife is having a baby in the back of a cab, he might be coming to the rescue.

RacinM3
06-13-06, 12:15 PM
The guy is mentally unstable. I've thought that for some time now.

nrc
06-13-06, 10:58 PM
Diamond dave is now an EMT in Jersey, so now if you get into a car crash, or your wife is having a baby in the back of a cab, he might be coming to the rescue.

If he's wearing chaps and spandex he can just let me lie there.

Dave99
06-13-06, 11:05 PM
As someone who always used to describe =VH='s music as "Get the f'ck off the sidewalk if ya don't like my drivin'" kinda music, Strummin' With The Devil is about as bad as it gets.

Watching Roth perform Jump on Leno last week was just painful. :saywhat:

ferrarigod
06-13-06, 11:11 PM
I love Van Halen, and am not too keen on Van Hagar, but that is horrible. Maybe its time to call it quits on this whole Van Halen/Hagar/Roth thing. Just let it die nicely instead of trying to promote crap.

:thumdown:

I feel bad for DLR, it was painful to watch him shimmy and sing this. sadness over what once was.

JohnHKart
06-14-06, 03:10 AM
I heard it tonight on the radio on KLSX on Conway and Whittman here in LA and the hosts were slamming it. Then they turned it into a Rick Dees skit....(whittman used to work with Dees and is better than Rich Little at doing voices) it was hilarious stuff and right in the middle of the Dees imitation I drove past a Ryan Seecrest Kiss FM sign...timing is everything in comedy and that made it even funnier. (Seacrest replaced Dees at KIIS) But to get to the point, the song sucked as a country remake. and the hosts were saying that before they went off topic. I dont dig wimpy remakes like Clapton's sin cajones acoustic Layla...Forget about it!

JH

oddlycalm
06-14-06, 02:24 PM
Roth is certainly an embarrassment, but at least he's healthy enough to get out there and embarrass himself. Trying to live the same rock and roll lifestyle you lead in your early 20's in your 50's is a recipe for disaster. Seen a picture if Eddie Van Halen lately.... :eek:

oc