View Full Version : Steeler's Roethlisberger hurt in accident

Pages : 1 [2]

Ankf00
06-16-06, 01:44 PM
When it is a bike, the urge is there, but I resist how noble of you

KLang
06-16-06, 02:42 PM
Doing brake checks on anyone in a car OR bike is ****ing stupid and needlessly risks lives.

I prefer brake light checks on occassion. Doesn't put my rear end at risk. Unfortunatly it doesn't effect most of the morons on the road today. Saw someone this morning tailgating at 75+ mph. She was putting on her makeup at the time. :rolleyes:

Gangrel
06-16-06, 02:57 PM
I just give a quick demonstration of how quick deceleration can be, then watch to make sure they back down. I don't want to get hit, so I never do enough of a check to cause that to happen. Just enough to give my little friend back there a little wake-up call. The alternative approach which I choose not to apply is to slowly take the speed down to 30 or so. I would say that is much more dangerous on the expressway than flashing some brake light and shaving 5-10 mph quickly, then accelerating again.

Gangrel
06-16-06, 02:59 PM
how noble of you

I would say so, yes. As far as I am concerned, a biker tailgating on the expressway has already committed himself to the idea of suicide. I just make the decision in that case that he won't use my vehicle as the means to that end.

Ankf00
06-16-06, 03:14 PM
I would say so, yes. As far as I am concerned, a biker tailgating on the expressway has already committed himself to the idea of suicide. I just make the decision in that case that he won't use my vehicle as the means to that end
I'm sure your citizen of the year award is in the mail.

ever occur to you to move over? seeing as if he tailgates you he's probably going faster to begin with

KaBoom21
06-16-06, 03:18 PM
If some maroon is on my tail, I do my best to let him/her in front. I much prefer the idiot drivers to be in front of me, not behind me.

KLang
06-16-06, 03:23 PM
I much prefer the idiot drivers to be in front of me, not behind me.

It doesn't matter. They are EVERYWHERE. :cry:

:p

Gangrel
06-16-06, 03:42 PM
I'm sure your citizen of the year award is in the mail.

ever occur to you to move over? seeing as if he tailgates you he's probably going faster to begin with

You ever get tailgated in the right lane? Come to Chicago sometime.

When I get tailgated, I am usually already doing between 15 and 20 over the limit. Anything beyond that in Illinois is just begging for a ticket.

Ankf00
06-16-06, 03:46 PM
It doesn't matter. They are EVERYWHERE. :cry:

:p
so true in Houston :cry: