PDA

View Full Version : AJ In!

Lux Interior
06-11-06, 11:32 PM
Robin Miller says he is in at Forsythe. Not sure if it's a third car or Dominguez Replacement.

CART_Surfer
06-12-06, 12:25 AM
Robin Miller says he is in at Forsythe. Not sure if it's a third car or Dominguez Replacement.

AR1 is reporting (as a FACT not a rumour) that AJ is replacing Dominguez at Forsythe and that Dominguez has been offered the Coyne ride but is balking at it!!!!

Fio1
06-12-06, 12:35 AM
And AJ wins in Portland! :laugh:

I wonder if Tracy & AJ will work well together?

Michaelhatesfans
06-12-06, 01:35 AM
http://www.poorwilliam.net/pix/a-bomb-clouds.jpg

Fitti Fan
06-12-06, 01:47 AM
Socks? On

ferrarigod
06-12-06, 03:11 AM

They have a history with karting, so hopefully AJ won't have to hard of a time getting onto track with PT's style of car setup.

I hope to see him at Forsythe as RM say's, but I sure hope Mario doesn't lose his Forsythe ride. Mexico needs to have someone in the series, and as bad as he has been lately, I think he has to have a somewhat competitive ride.

This should be interesting to follow.

theunions
06-12-06, 03:41 AM
The second shoe has now dropped...

Forsythe Championship Racing and Mario Dominguez Decide to Part Ways

Wheeling, Illinois - June 12th, 2006 - Forsythe Championship Racing and Mario Dominguez announced today that they have mutually agreed to terminate their relationship. Effective immediately, Mario Dominguez will no longer be the driver of Forsythe's #7 INDECK Ford-Cosworth/Bridgestone/Lola in the Champ Car World Series.

Dominguez and the Forsythe team have enjoyed a fair share of success together; their most recent accomplishment was securing the Bridgestone Pole Position at the Houston Grand Prix, which was a career first for Dominguez. Unfortunately, changes in the engineering structure of the team no longer suit both parties and it was mutually agreed that the best direction forward would be to part ways.

Mario Dominguez

"My management and I have decided that it is in the best interest of my career to part ways with Forsythe Championship Racing. I was in a position where playing # 2 in the team was not what I wanted to do this early in the Championship, so I believe what's best for my career is to go somewhere where I can be a leader. I will pursue other opportunities in another team in Champ Car, Formula1, NASCAR or the IRL. And I will always be grateful to Mr. Forsythe for having given me the chance to drive for his team."

Neil Micklewright, VP of Team Operations

"Even though we are always a strong contender at every event that we go to, we know that we still have a lot of work to do to be able to beat the other leading contenders. We've been struggling with the development of our cars and our setups for some time because of very different driver setup references. We believe that this restructuring of the team will be beneficial for us and will help put us back in the hunt for the Championship."

Jerry Forsythe, Team Owner

"These decisions are never easy, but after very close look at the way our team works we've decided that this is the best direction for us to follow. Mario is a talented driver and he did a good job for us. I am confident that he will be able to continue his racing career with great results and successes, and we wish him the best of luck."

FCYTravis
06-12-06, 04:00 AM
I wouldn't take the Coyne ride either.

jonovision_man
06-12-06, 08:49 AM
The second shoe has now dropped...

Despain is probably right... he said something like GF and Russo are sitting around, GF is complaining about Dominguez, Russo is complaining about AJ. GF offers a swap, Russo says "why would I want Dominguez??". GF needs him in the series... says "wait, I know!"...

GF fires Dominguez, hires AJ
Russo fires AJ, hires da Matta.

Dominguez stuck with Coyne ride.

Everybody wins. Except Dominguez. :D

jono

spinner26
06-12-06, 08:54 AM
Despain is probably right... he said something like GF and Russo are sitting around, GF is complaining about Dominguez, Russo is complaining about AJ. GF offers a swap, Russo says "why would I want Dominguez??". GF needs him in the series... says "wait, I know!"...

GF fires Dominguez, hires AJ
Russo fires AJ, hires da Matta.

Dominguez stuck with Coyne ride.

Everybody wins. Except Dominguez. :D

jono

Til Dumbmiguez proves his worth he needs to be at Coyne.

rosawendel
06-12-06, 08:56 AM
as long as aj knows who the boss is, and who the applesauce is, he'll be fine.

mueber
06-12-06, 09:19 AM
This has worked out pretty well.

Domiquez:
I will pursue other opportunities in another team in Champ Car, Formula1, NASCAR or the IRL.

Formula1 :rofl:

Spicoli
06-12-06, 09:32 AM
This has worked out pretty well.

Domiquez:

Formula1 :rofl:

Maybe he can catch a ride with Micro/Macro. :gomer:

Do these ****tards even THINK before they speak? :shakehead

Andrew Longman
06-12-06, 09:34 AM
Team: We need two drivers that use similar set ups to get more useful data to develop the car

Mario: I don't want to be #2

AJ: Certainly won't be happy as #2

The first statement makes more sense than the second, especially given the third.

In all I am please. Do we need a poll about whether the series will suffer without a Mexican driving in it? :gomer:

devilmaster
06-12-06, 10:40 AM
Maybe he can catch a ride with Micro/Macro. :gomer:

Do these ****tards even THINK before they speak? :shakehead

I agree with spikkly here, but wasn't it MarioD who said he had an agreement with midland for a seat?

I honestly don't think he'll get it, but just trying to remember who dropped that quote about a year ago in the funny pages.....

Spicoli
06-12-06, 10:58 AM
I agree with spikkly here, but wasn't it MarioD who said he had an agreement with midland for a seat?

I honestly don't think he'll get it, but just trying to remember who dropped that quote about a year ago in the funny pages.....

Was it him or MJ? Either way, it was tied to the elusive Mexican GP return (some coastal resort town IIRC) and this thing had about as much a chance of success as Ank getting a date. :D