PDA

View Full Version : Road Atlanta

Sean O'Gorman
06-09-06, 08:14 PM
Interesting read:

http://www.roadrace-autox.com/bbs/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=789&posts=38&start=1

I hate NIMBYs

cart7
06-09-06, 08:29 PM
We already have the stupid assed 2.5 hour quiet time on Sunday because apparently loud cars make baby jesus cry.

:laugh:

cameraman
06-09-06, 09:43 PM
The chorus of complainers has begun at Miller Motorsports Park. And some developer wants to build a small city about two hay fields to the east. :flame:

Sean O'Gorman
06-09-06, 11:34 PM
:laugh:

This is whereby no race engines are allowed to fracture the silence and solitude of local Christians praying/and or atoning for their sins. It's a well known fact that sound of Superbike engines being revved and fettled makes many people want to sin even more.

Easy
06-12-06, 11:52 AM
New development is going on all around Road ATL. New upscaleish neghborhoods, strip malls etc... I wonder if Lanier Speedway across the street will eventually be affected as well or if the roundy rounds get a pass because that is God's racing.

Gangrel
06-12-06, 12:02 PM
New development is going on all around Road ATL. New upscaleish neghborhoods, strip malls etc... I wonder if Lanier Speedway across the street will eventually be affected as well or if the roundy rounds get a pass because that is God's racing.

Simple solution. A bunch of race fans move in to houses near the Christian churches and start complaining en masse every Sunday about the bells disturbing them as they try to watch their series of choice even on TV.

This always gets me. Here in Chicago, people buy houses near the airports, then complain about the noise. Umm...let's think about this...you know that really, really good deal you got on that house? Guess why that was. :laugh:

Whatever....