PDA

View Full Version : CCWS Car Fires Allmendinger, Renames Itself Zero Americans League

pressdog
06-09-06, 03:32 PM
Brilliant marketing strategy playing out at CCWS

(Edit: I changed the headline from the original "CCWS fires" to "CCWS Loses" since it seemed to confuse people. Fixed the link.)

CCWS Loses Allmendinger, Renames Itself Zero Americans League (http://pressdog.blogspot.com/2006/06/champ-car-loses-allmendinger-renames.html)

Elmo T
06-09-06, 03:36 PM
Pressdog is quick on the draw today. ;)

trauma1
06-09-06, 03:42 PM
i still do not get where russo and CC are the villians here if AJ F'ed up and did something stupid and rusposrt had to let him go, AJ may have to take a hit for what happened, i really don't see where this is the buisness of CC to get involved if AJ screwed up and did or said something the blame should be on him , not russo or CC :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
06-09-06, 03:45 PM
AJ Allmendinger backbreaking POS wanker. :gomer:

pressdog
06-09-06, 04:46 PM
Pressdog is quick on the draw today. ;)
I had some time. Plus I was incredulous that a league with only one American driver that seeks to make money in America and build an American fan base could lose it's only Ameircan driver. Not a good day for CCWS. And over in the IRL there are 19 whole cars on the track at Texas, a couple with blank side pods. Also not that great of a sign. This blog entry probably comes off a little harsh, but it's just a vent of my general disgruntled-ness re: open wheel racing.

redmist
06-09-06, 05:22 PM
slightly humorous, but cc didn't fire aj, carl russo did.

Fio1
06-09-06, 05:25 PM
Brilliant marketing strategy playing out at CCWS

CCWS Fires Allmendinger, Renames Itself Zero Americans League (http://pressdog.blogspot.com/2006/06/champ-car-fires-allmendinger-renames.html)

How is it that CCWS fire a driver? Teams hire and fire of them as they please.

RaceGrrl
06-09-06, 05:54 PM
slightly humorous, but cc didn't fire aj, carl russo did.

Indeed.

It's CART's fault. :rolleyes:

cameraman
06-09-06, 05:59 PM
Edit: So I am blind.

And if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
:shakehead

Gnam
06-09-06, 06:05 PM
Everything here is pretty much made up. You know, satire.
Note to the gullable -- everything below is made up

:p

RaceGrrl
06-09-06, 06:57 PM
Link wasn't working when I tried to look. :)

cameraman
06-09-06, 06:59 PM
I guess he changed the title use this link:

http://pressdog.blogspot.com/

It is now "Champ Car Loses Allmendinger, Renames Itself ZAL"

jonovision_man
06-09-06, 07:08 PM
At least it's still the 2.5 Canadians League. :D

jono

redmist
06-09-06, 07:18 PM
Note to those who can't read - he did not say CCWS fired AJ.

And if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
:shakehead

huh? read the friggin link in the first post, it reads "CCWS Fires Allmendinger, Renames Itself Zero Americans League"

GOFAST1
06-09-06, 07:18 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

cameraman
06-09-06, 07:22 PM
huh? read the friggin link in the first post, it reads "CCWS Fires Allmendinger, Renames Itself Zero Americans League"

Was raeding the blog not the post here. So I'm blind :o

rocket
06-09-06, 07:33 PM
All the American drivers are in nascar.
Personally I never saw the big deal with having American drivers, I go to see on track activity, I could care less who is behind the wheel as long as there is some decent racing going on. I think the vast majority of road racers comes from Europe anyhow.

If anyone is to blame it's the public that sees nascar as the end all be all of motorsports, it's simple yet painful to watch....not much interest in the road or street racing in this country (compared to the nascar ovals). That means the up and coming American racers wanting to be in the spotlight and money, and their sponsors wanting camera time & ROI and that equals nascar. IMO

RTKar
06-09-06, 09:59 PM
I agree with rocket cuzz he's wayyyy bigger than me...

but I do think CC needs North Americans to sell itself in North America.

tantra
06-09-06, 10:17 PM
Keep going. It's getting funnier by the post.

pressdog
06-09-06, 10:30 PM
Sorry for the switcheroo. I changed the title and the link from "CCWS fires" to "CCWS loses" since "CCWS fires" seemed to get everyone's knickers in a twist. It should also be noted that they did not change their name to "Zero Americans League" even though I put it right there in the title.

Classic Apex
06-09-06, 10:35 PM
All the American drivers are in nascar.
Personally I never saw the big deal with having American drivers, I go to see on track activity, I could care less who is behind the wheel as long as there is some decent racing going on.

Absoultely nothing more than that needs to be said.

Dat's a bullseye.

:cool:

tantra
06-09-06, 10:38 PM
Russo is obviously reaching for the next level of accomplishment for his racing operation. A.J. apparently has not met his expectations, and so the decission was made to hire a proven winner who is hungry and has languished in the rear of the parade too long since his return to the series.

Chris is very good at working with his engineer to get the most out of the equipment, and still quite capable of driving a car to it's limits.

As for mid-season changes, that's life in the big leagues.

As for 'the only American driver' concern, hell, if that was a consideration for CC's success, then we were on the road to extinction even before Chip hired the cute Italian named Zanardi.

IMO, as difficult as it is to see A.J. get the boot, I think Russo is making the right decision given his dreams of being a bigger dog in the CCWS.

rocket
06-10-06, 12:23 AM
^^^^The crazy old man still makes some sense ;)

See you in Cleveland :D

redmist
06-10-06, 01:46 AM
Was raeding the blog not the post here. So I'm blind :o

no worries, this whole damn soap opera had me a bit edgy. :)

FCYTravis
06-10-06, 03:13 AM
Actually, rocket, there are a bunch of really talented American (and otherwise) Champ Car feeder series graduates out there getting paid to run professional road races. It's just too bad that they're not getting paid to run Champ Cars. :(