PDA

View Full Version : I'd bet Coyne isn't a happy camper

cameraman
06-09-06, 01:46 PM
That makes two years in a row that his lead driver gets poached by a bigger team midseason. I wouldn't be surprized if he has some choice words to say about this.

Racing Truth
06-09-06, 01:50 PM
Sure, but what can he do? Likely, he only survives on KevinBucks anyway,

KLang
06-09-06, 01:55 PM
I didn't care for NH taking Servia last year, although it was a great thing for Servia. I don't like this one either.

cameraman
06-09-06, 01:58 PM
All I can say is Shorty had best produce some decent results in a hurry.

NismoZ
06-09-06, 01:59 PM
Cris likes it. :)

Dr. Corkski
06-09-06, 01:59 PM
Sure, but what can he do? Likely, he only survives on KevinBucks anyway,Blasphemy! Coyne has a full 2-car sponsorship from Sonny's BBQ! :gomer:

Lizzerd
06-09-06, 02:19 PM
I believe that Coyne's drivers have always raced for him on a race by race basis. In other words, he doesn't do long term contracts, so he has no right to be pissed.

trauma1
06-09-06, 02:38 PM
one thing is dale doesn't bitch, he deals with the cards dealt to him and has always done what's best for the series, if there is one owner i'd like to see have success it's coyne, he treats people the right way iv'e never heard a bad word about him in the paddock from other owners or drivers. dale has given alot of drivers a chance and thier 1st rides, alot make him look like a joke, but he pulled a coup signing shorty this year

rabbit
06-09-06, 02:38 PM
I'll tell you who's not a happy camper, me! The field was already thin enough on talent, so Russo cans AJ, replaces him with CDM, and Coyne gets a wanker to be named later. WTF? :saywhat: This sucks for AJ and for the series.

:flame: :thumdown: :shakehead

Racing Truth
06-09-06, 02:42 PM
Blasphemy! Coyne has a full 2-car sponsorship from Sonny's BBQ! :gomer:

I know, I forgot! :laugh:

Sure, sucks to be DC, but nothing he can do really.

You know, I kept thinking this series was missing a Sperafico TBA! Do it Dale, Do It! :gomer:

trauma1
06-09-06, 03:17 PM
can't put all the blame on CC or russo, if something happened Carl rpobably had little choice but doi this, and i'm sure he isn't doing cart wheels in having to let AJ go something happened and Aj did or said something that caused the divorce, i'm sure AJ isn't innocent in this, does it suck, yeah, however i want to hear what happened that caused this and even Aj has to be held accountable for behavior,

tantra
06-09-06, 10:46 PM
Hopefully Dale will get a driver with with some skill and desire and move on with a smile as he always does.

DC has to have a great philosophy of life, as he works hard, consistently treats people with rspect and kindness, and always comes across as a winner even when both his drivers crash out on the first lap of a race.

I wish someone with some real bucks would step up and help him more to a higher level in the sport he so loves.

racer2c
06-09-06, 11:24 PM
Hopefully Dale will get a driver with with some skill and desire and move on with a smile as he always does.

DC has to have a great philosophy of life, as he works hard, consistently treats people with rspect and kindness, and always comes across as a winner even when both his drivers crash out on the first lap of a race.

I wish someone with some real bucks would step up and help him more to a higher level in the sport he so loves.

You know the old adage about where good guys finish...

tantra
06-09-06, 11:42 PM
Each race ends with one team being the winner. Of all the thousands of teams that compete, few win. In auto racing money is usually the key factor in producing victories.
My point was/is, if Dale would someday have the money, he would do better at the races.

Fio1
06-09-06, 11:44 PM
I think Coyne will be OK. He can now pitch his team as a stepping stone to bigger and better things; kind of like Minardi did in F1. Ya, CDM accomplished a few things before going to Coyne, but I think the fact that he was running so strong in that car helped!
I'm sure there will be a good, paying, driver in the car at Portland.

tantra
06-09-06, 11:47 PM
'CDM accomplished .....'
What short memories we have.

Lux Interior
06-10-06, 06:48 AM
Dale Coyne is my favorite guy in that paddock. He will probably have no problem giving DaMatta up to Rusport because that's now one more good driver in a good car and hopefully he can take the fight to bordais and make a more exciting season out of it. In short, Dale's loss is Champcar's gain.

Dale Coyne races for all the right reasons, and is one of the very best guys out there. He really, really loves champcar. So does Paul Newman too. We should always remember what a great ambassador Paul has been for our sport. No way would he take the Honda yen and go twilring.

I love champcar too, but for different reasons -

http://www.usf1racing.net/files/Pat%20Stuff/20051023P_0068.jpg

JLMannin
06-11-06, 07:29 AM
I read in a newspaper article that Coyne was being compensated by RuSport in return for getting DaMatta, so that indicates to me that Coyne had a season-long contract with DaMatta ans that Russo bought it out.

Coyne will be OK.

NismoZ
06-11-06, 11:12 AM
I also believe both Coyne and daMatta knew he'd be 1st on any "move up" list just as Servia was last season. Coyne is on board with CCWS and is no whipping boy.

Robstar
06-11-06, 11:40 AM
I think he's big & ugly enough to look after himself... ;)