PDA

View Full Version : Dominguez penalized

cameraman
06-08-06, 04:42 PM
Didn't see this one coming. Especially this long after the race.

Champ Car World Series driver Mario Dominguez of the Forsythe Championship Racing team has been penalized seven (7) championship points after being found in violation of Champ Car Rule 6.27 in last weekend's Time Warner Cable Road Runner 225 in Milwaukee.

Champ Car Race Operations found Dominguez in violation of Rule 6.27, which concerns avoidable contact. Dominguez' penalty covers the points that he earned in Sunday's race after a 14th-place finish.

Probation too.

Dominguez has also been placed on probation for the next three (3) Champ Car events.

Full Story (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10355)

They took quite a while to think about it, too long I think.

Insomniac
06-08-06, 08:47 PM
Wow...that was worthy of a penalty? I hope they're consistent the rest of the year.

Lux Interior
06-08-06, 08:49 PM
He's didn't hit anyone, or bump anyone, he just rubbed 'em. And rubbins racin'

I think thats from some dumb movie I saw late one night on Cinemax :gomer:

extramundane
06-08-06, 09:06 PM
He's didn't hit anyone, or bump anyone, he just rubbed 'em. And rubbins racin'

I think thats from some dumb movie I saw late one night on Cinemax :gomer:

You've been watching the wrong late-night Cinemax movies, then.

Lux Interior
06-08-06, 10:06 PM
You've been watching the wrong late-night Cinemax movies, then.

I was waiting to watch Body Chemistry 4 with Shannon Tweed and that dumb movie was on before it :rolleyes:

nrc
06-08-06, 10:37 PM
Wow...that was worthy of a penalty? I hope they're consistent the rest of the year.

I suspect it's a repeat offender thing. He's taken out three or more contenders in two races and he also had contact with Bourdais in Houston.

tantra
06-08-06, 11:26 PM
i would think that the penalty comes as no surprise to Mario. He has established himself in the series as a solid and aggressive charger and that sort of thing (penalty) comes with the territory.

When I first had occasion to meet him, he literally looked like a deer caught in the headlights, but he has settled into big-time racing and I enjoy watching him work. He deserves to be the next Mexican star and contender.

Hopefully, in the future he will remember to take his 'no-punt' pill before the start and make life better for PT and the rest of the guys in the series.

We're likely to see many better performances from Mario after this little slap on the hand (and the wallet).

Insomniac
06-09-06, 06:44 AM
I suspect it's a repeat offender thing. He's taken out three or more contenders in two races and he also had contact with Bourdais in Houston.

It's a judgement call like most, but IMO, the wrecks were stupid moves on his part, but they just didn't come across as blatant/penalty incurring ones. But, I'll personally be happier if this stops the stupid moves from Mario and we get a non-Bourdais lead float parade.

rosawendel
06-09-06, 08:34 AM
for the curious:

6.27. AVOIDABLE CONTACT. Any driver who in the opinion of the Officials
initiates avoidable contact which results in the interruption of another
competitors lap time or track position will be subject to a penalty per Chapter
10. Should the contact result in the immediate retirement of the other
competitor, further penalties may be assessed. Judgmental decisions by the
Officials in this regard are not subject to protest or appeal.

KLang
06-09-06, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if Forsythe is behind this. He's got to be pissed.

Willam
06-09-06, 11:03 AM
i would think that the penalty comes as no surprise to Mario. He has established himself in the series as a solid and aggressive charger and that sort of thing (penalty) comes with the territory.

When I first had occasion to meet him, he literally looked like a deer caught in the headlights, but he has settled into big-time racing and I enjoy watching him work. He deserves to be the next Mexican star and contender.

Hopefully, in the future he will remember to take his 'no-punt' pill before the start and make life better for PT and the rest of the guys in the series.

We're likely to see many better performances from Mario after this little slap on the hand (and the wallet).

He's not an agressive charger, the guy is an idiot. He often has brain cramps like this one. He's obviously being penalized for Milwaukee and Long Beach, both impossible and pretty dumb moves IMHO. With the small grids the series has they can't afford to have three or four cars being wiped out in the opening laps.

I don't think we'll see better performances by Mario, on the contrary. If he can't win a race like Houston where he had no pressure whatsoever, I think he's pretty much done.

Accipiter
06-09-06, 11:35 AM
They took their time to make sure it was OK with Gerry first, and no one would lose their job over it.

Dr. Corkski
06-09-06, 11:39 AM
They took their time to make sure it was OK with Gerry first, and no one would lose their job over it.It's only Dominguez, so Jesus Forsythe doesn't even know he exists.

Easy
06-09-06, 11:40 AM
It's only Dominguez, so Jesus Forsythe doesn't even know he exists.

I think its spelled Gesus :laugh:

tantra
06-09-06, 11:01 PM
One needs to keep in mind that auto racing is still an adrenine-driven, competitive sport.

Admonitions to put on a good show, not be to too aggressive on the first lap, etc., etc., are all part of the business attempting to deliver a good show so the spectators will feel that they get their money's worth, etc., etc. I'm certain that these admonitions come with more volume these days when the company is weak and struggling to survive.

Mario needs to take these directions to heart (and control his) as he pusues his dreams to lead, to win, to bask in the starlight. (Perhaps even Gerry expects him, and told him, to push to the front and win once in a while.)

In the 'good old days' of higher car count, more money, etc., etc., there were many guys who drove as Mario has been this year.

Too bad things have come to where we are, but IMO Mario still has a great future as a driver somewhere.