PDA

View Full Version : Villeneuve: Marco Andretti Could Make it to F1

racer2c
06-08-06, 02:02 PM
And there you have it. I guess it's based on who your papa is/was.

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/26110/)

Ankf00
06-08-06, 02:05 PM
"He’s quite young and he’s got there quite fast," said Villeneuve. "It helps to have your father run a team, but you also need the talent to drive, obviously. So if he keeps on progressing, yeah, if he stops progressing, then no. It depends on that."

However, Villeneuve said that he doubted that either of the US open-wheeler series proved a good training ground for F1.

"IRL is mainly ovals, and I guess GP2 cars are a lot faster than IRL cars if you put them on a road course, so GP2 is better. Champ Car or CART or whatever it’s called now doesn’t have the depth any more that it used to have.

"I think it’s gone downhill. As long as the two series are separated, and not all the drivers are together racing, then it won’t be a good grooming ground."

Spicoli
06-08-06, 02:13 PM
Jackes is stoopid. :gomer:

Louie
06-08-06, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure we'd get a coherent answer anymore if Jacques Villeneuve were asked how he got to F1.

Gangrel
06-08-06, 05:35 PM
You can say what you want now about the man who once was Jacques, but let's not discount his past. The guy won a 500 back when it was a real 500 (and from 2 laps down!!!), took a CART rookie of the year pre-split, a CART championship pre-split, ran runner-up in the WDC race his rookie F1 year, and followed it up with a WDC in his sophomore outing. What do you say we not question how he got to F1, shall we? :gomer:

rabbit
06-08-06, 05:42 PM
Que the haters in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Dr. Corkski
06-08-06, 05:51 PM
Que the haters in 5, 4, 3, 2... :D

Ankf00
06-08-06, 06:16 PM
http://www.lambdapsiphi.com/daft/daft/images/dtopen5.jpg

:)

TedN
06-08-06, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure we'd get a coherent answer anymore if Jacques Villeneuve were asked how he got to F1.

He got there the old fashioned way. He earned it.

Ted

Fio1
06-09-06, 01:30 AM
He's spot on. Note: If he keeps progressing, then he can make it. That's the key, a lot of guys kick a$$ straight away and never improve. Those are the guys that we wonder why they never went further then F.Atlantics or F3.

At the end of the day, he's a world champion and indy 500 winner. Not too many guys can say that! :)

Lux Interior
06-09-06, 06:49 AM
I always liked JV. He is driving pretty well this season too. It's too bad he went and did the BAR thing. He stayed all those years with that startup team and it really hurt him. I think he maybe could have bagged a few more wins had he been at a better team. Personally, I would like to see him come back to champcar.

Spicoli
06-09-06, 07:17 AM
Remember when Buddy Rice was goin ta eff won?

:gomer:

http://www.gridbrasil.com.br/pilotos/irl-buddy_rice.jpg

trauma1
06-09-06, 08:30 AM
along with kanose, dickson, shamicia, dashley and welldone did i miss any others :rofl:

Fio1
06-09-06, 10:19 AM
Remember when Buddy Rice was goin ta eff won?

What? :rolleyes:

That was never in the cards, or at least never what I said. The only way he'll get to F1 is like you and me, to watch the race! :laugh:

NismoZ
06-09-06, 12:08 PM
Jeff Gordon and Al Unser Jr. :)