PDA

View Full Version : LVMS Brutonized!!!

pchall
06-08-06, 07:54 AM
http://www.lvms.com/images/gallery/gallery45%2Ejpg

http://www.lvms.com/images/gallery/gallery48%2Ejpg

Another oval dies under the ripper to be "improved" to make it easier for the stars of NASCAR to put on their shows. :rolleyes:

NismoZ
06-08-06, 09:45 AM
Who ever bought into that "dual track" idea when TMS was being designed? The stock cars would use the higher bank and the open wheelers would stay below a painted line! :laugh: (to give them more room to slide before they hit the wall, I guess? Interesting safety measure. We could also have had penalties for passing ABOVE the white line!) Makes me appreciate the many comments over the last weekend from competitors at Milwaukee describing it as a "drivers" oval.

pchall
06-08-06, 04:31 PM
Who ever bought into that "dual track" idea when TMS was being designed? The stock cars would use the higher bank and the open wheelers would stay below a painted line! :laugh: (to give them more room to slide before they hit the wall, I guess? Interesting safety measure. We could also have had penalties for passing ABOVE the white line!) Makes me appreciate the many comments over the last weekend from competitors at Milwaukee describing it as a "drivers" oval.

CART (Wally Dallenbach) rejected racing on the bottom shallow banking as a stupid idea. In the IRL Marco Greco almost rolled over spinning across the demarcation between the two bankings and the NASCAR stars hated driving across it in their races. So it was ripped up and revised.

LVMS gets higher banking and the same "progressive" rise used at Homestead.

coolhand
06-08-06, 06:17 PM
Was that the problem texas had when it just opened?

pchall
06-08-06, 07:54 PM
Was that the problem texas had when it just opened?

Yes. Bruton Smith had a really stupid moment (among several when it comes to track design and renovation) when he wanted two distinct bankings in one oval.

eiregosod
06-08-06, 08:35 PM
Yes. Bruton Smith had a really stupid moment (among several when it comes to track design and renovation) when he wanted two distinct bankings in one oval.

Didnt the stockcars actually use the lower banking for the first race in 1997?