PDA

View Full Version : CCWS on XM radio

cameraman
06-07-06, 04:05 PM
For Montreal & Toronto.

I wonder why not Edmonton too...

Full story (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=10350)

The reach of the Champ Car Radio Network will get a nationwide extension for the Champ Car races in Toronto and Montreal as it was announced today that those events will be carried live on XM Satellite Radio throughout North America.

The broadcasts of the racing events, which can be found on XM 205, were made possible through an agreement made with XM Satellite Radio Canada and includes six hours of coverage from each event. There will be two hours from Saturday's final qualifying at Toronto and Montreal and four hours live coverage on race day for each event.

"We are excited about the possibility that this agreement holds for the events in Toronto and Montreal," said Champ Car President Steve Johnson. "Anything we can do to bring Champ Car action to our fans is important to us and we look forward to doing that with XM Satellite Radio."

The Molson Champ Car Grand Prix of Toronto takes place July 7-9 while the Grand Prix of Montreal will be contested August 25-27. Both will be available to each of XM Satellite Radio's 6.5 million subscribers both in Canada and the United States.

"XM Canada is very pleased to add two of the biggest open-wheel racing events in Canada to our industry-leading lineup of major league sports," said XM Vice President of Programming Ross Davies. "We are committed to providing compelling Canadian sports content and the Toronto and Montreal Champ Car World Series races are the latest reason why more listeners who want the best in sports coverage wherever they go in Canada are tuning in to XM."

Spicoli
06-07-06, 04:10 PM
[crappie logic}

This can only mean - XM ro CCWS!

Which also means - AGR to CCWS!

Great find - you're smart! :thumbup:

[/crappie logic]

KLang
06-07-06, 04:23 PM
I wonder why not Edmonton too...

Conflict with the earl running at The Mile perhaps?

Andrew Longman
06-07-06, 09:04 PM
Conflict with the earl running at The Mile perhaps?

So CCWS is on the IRL channel and Milwaukee holds the spot that weekend? Not opening a new channel for CCWS?

Could this be the first edge of a merger? CCWS on the IRL channel. I have XM and nothing else is on the IRL channel (145) except the IRL races.

AGR tie in is interesting

Oops edit: CCWS is on 205

jcollins28
06-07-06, 09:33 PM
Wish it was on Sirius....

Sean O'Gorman
06-08-06, 07:19 AM
Wish it was on Sirius....

:thumdown: :thumdown:

KLang
06-08-06, 09:14 AM

:confused: We've got both services. Not much difference to me between them. Why the :thumdown: ?

KLang
06-08-06, 09:17 AM
So CCWS is on the IRL channel and Milwaukee holds the spot that weekend? Not opening a new channel for CCWS?

Could this be the first edge of a merger? CCWS on the IRL channel. I have XM and nothing else is on the IRL channel (145) except the IRL races.

AGR tie in is interesting

Oops edit: CCWS is on 205

There is only 30 minutes diffence in the start times of the two races. I'm wondering if there might be something in the contract between the earl and XM that says they can't broadcast the competition at the same time.

I doubt there is anything merger related here. The announcement is pretty specific that it is the Canadian arm of XM behind it.

jcollins28
06-08-06, 10:02 AM

Sirius smokes XM. NFL, NBA, NCAA, NHL, Stern and more commercial free music.

Sean O'Gorman
06-08-06, 12:39 PM
:confused: We've got both services. Not much difference to me between them. Why the :thumdown: ?

Because of that hypocrite Howard Stern.