PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Cleveland?

Napoleon
06-07-06, 09:29 AM
??????

TKGAngel
06-07-06, 12:12 PM
I am! Me and the Mom Unit are leaving on the morning of the 23rd.

I also called the ticket office yesterday and tickets should be arriving by the 10th.

Elmo T
06-07-06, 12:23 PM
I'll be there with my son. We'll be arriving Friday late AM.

Lizzerd
06-07-06, 01:47 PM
I don't think I can make it this year. Bummer.

Opposite Lock
06-07-06, 02:22 PM
We're flying in Friday evening after work. This year's hotel doesn't have a bar in it, so who is drinking where downtown Friday night?

Sean O'Gorman
06-07-06, 02:34 PM
Going Sunday and possibly Saturday morning, then leaving for Mid-Ohio for the Grand-Am race in the evening. No idea about Friday. Going to try and hunt down freebies first, otherwise I'll probably just pick up some cheap seats or see if my uncle has any extra tickets. I haven't really been that interested in any race I've watched this year to date so hopefully the weekend doesn't suck.

We should set up something Friday night, I wasn't old enough to drink the last time i went to a Cleveland GP.

Trevor Longman
06-07-06, 04:44 PM
I'll be there. Leaving at 4 in the morning on Friday with my dad so we can get there in time for CC practice. I'm also bringing my buddy Isaac for his first ever race. :thumbup: :cool:

rosawendel
06-07-06, 05:38 PM
Going to try and hunt down freebies first

free friday, courtesy of adelphia. coupons in this month's bill.

Sean O'Gorman
06-07-06, 06:48 PM
free friday, courtesy of adelphia. coupons in this month's bill.

I'm at work all day Friday.

rabbit
06-07-06, 07:27 PM
I'm hoping to. Still not sure if I can make it though.

rosawendel
06-07-06, 09:09 PM
I'm at work all day Friday.
you just want it all, don't you? :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
06-08-06, 07:17 AM
I'd like to drive one of the cars too. ;)

rosawendel
06-08-06, 09:40 AM
i think they'll let you drive anything you'd like.... on friday.

nrc
06-08-06, 10:32 AM
We'll be there race day. Everything else is TBD.

mueber
06-08-06, 05:07 PM
All three days.

tantra
06-08-06, 11:55 PM
Sure, why not. All three days, as usual.
Is Rahal racing there this year? :)

Lux Interior
06-09-06, 06:44 AM
All three days here as well.

Opposite Lock
06-09-06, 08:34 AM
Is Rahal racing there this year? :)

Yep - karts. (http://www.grandprixofcleveland.com/content2006/release_05_26_2006_gokart.html)

Andrew Longman
06-09-06, 12:09 PM
I'll be there. Leaving at 4 in the morning on Friday with my dad so we can get there in time for CC practice. I'm also bringing my buddy Isaac for his first ever race. :thumbup: :cool:

Trevor forgot to mention that his little brother is also coming with us. Imagine that.

Sounds like we'll be in front or behind Elmo on Rt 80 somewhere. :)

Napoleon
06-10-06, 09:34 AM
I also called the ticket office yesterday and tickets should be arriving by the 10th.

I got them yesterday. Very fancy tickets.

. . .so who is drinking where downtown Friday night?

Friday night is bad for me, but does anyone want to attempt a meetup at the track? How many are thinking about doing the dinner? If not anyone interested in meeting Sat evening?

Napoleon
06-18-06, 07:07 AM
bump

Elmo T
06-19-06, 07:53 AM
Sounds like we'll be in front or behind Elmo on Rt 80 somewhere. :)

Yea... not sure what time we are rolling out. We've been pondering a loop around to M-O on Friday for Grand-Am practice, then into Cleveland Friday night. While I am not a big fan, my son sees it as a chance to see another form of racing. In either case, I guess we will be out on the road by 3:30AM.

Opposite Lock
06-19-06, 02:31 PM
Friday night is bad for me, but does anyone want to attempt a meetup at the track? How many are thinking about doing the dinner? If not anyone interested in meeting Sat evening?

I suggest we try a meetup sometime on Saturday, (maybe at the Champions Club events between 11:45 and 1:15), then figure out Saturday night from there. Last year I met a bunch of the nice young people from the Yokohama Floral Design School near our seats in E-stand during the Saturday events, and ended up joining them that evening for beverages etc.

Not doing the CCIC dinner, as we will be carless and want to stay downtown as much as possible. Most likely will be looking for decent pub grub and good beer and some more new friends. Somehow I doubt we'll be hanging for the Paul Rodgers show.

Andrew Longman
06-20-06, 12:04 PM
The weather report looks fantastic!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USOH0195?from=36hr_topnav_business

toymaker
06-21-06, 01:02 PM
Rabbit...you will be there! I have a couch with your name on it. :)

rabbit
06-21-06, 03:22 PM
Rabbit...you will be there! I have a couch with your name on it. :)
:cool::thumbup: Can't wait!

TKGAngel
06-22-06, 09:48 AM
The weather report looks fantastic!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USOH0195?from=36hr_topnav_business

I think we jixed ourselves for at least tomorrow. 60% chance of T-storms. Yay.

Napoleon
06-22-06, 07:47 PM

There were some significant storms and flooding here today.

rabbit
06-22-06, 08:02 PM
There were some significant storms and flooding here today.
I heard Mid-Ohio had a lot of damage. No word on if it will affect the Grand Am weekend.

The storm nailed Lima. More than half the town has no electricty. I have no power at home and AEP says it could be Sunday before it gets restored. :cry:

dando
06-22-06, 10:23 PM
My personal forecast is for most of the rain to be south of Cleveburg tomorrow. The front that came through today is supposed to stall near the Ohiya river, so most of the associated rain should be south and east of Cbus. YMMV. The forecast is one heckuva change over last year. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
06-22-06, 10:26 PM
I heard Mid-Ohio had a lot of damage. No word on if it will affect the Grand Am weekend.

The storm nailed Lima. More than half the town has no electricty. I have no power at home and AEP says it could be Sunday before it gets restored. :cry:
I feel for you folks. NW and N Central Ohiya have been slammed the past few days. Upwards of 8" of rain Mon - Wed from Toledo to Cleveburg, and then today's severe weather around Lima, Van Wert, and Findlay. :(

-Kevin

Napoleon
06-23-06, 06:09 AM

A lot of damage here, particularly west of the city and in the Cuyahoga Valley.