Napoleon
06-07-06, 09:26 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/print?id=2044770

pchall
06-07-06, 09:29 AM
The old Dianetics scam and NASCAR seems like a perfect match. :laugh:

Fio1
06-07-06, 10:04 AM
They used to sponsor a Group C World Endurance car in the late 80's, early 90's. I always though it was because one of the main guys from that deal would take the members money and go racing with it. Which in my book was actually pretty comedy. :p

RHR_Fan
06-07-06, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I read that yesterday. Don't know what to make of it...

~Nicole

dando
06-07-06, 10:55 AM
:gomer:

Will Tom Cruise be the driver? Oh wait, he still in the closet. :D

</south park>

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
06-07-06, 11:38 AM

</south park>

-Kevin

My sources are telling me it will be Cole Trickle. You heard it hear first! :gomer:

rabbit
06-07-06, 11:58 AM

</south park>

-Kevin
:rofl:

Easy
06-07-06, 02:32 PM
They used to sponsor a Group C World Endurance car in the late 80's, early 90's.

I read that Mario was supposed to drive that car in the West Palm GP but refused to do so with Dianetics on the car so they ran with just the publishers logo's.

gjc2
06-07-06, 06:05 PM
I read that Mario was supposed to drive that car in the West Palm GP but refused to do so with Dianetics on the car so they ran with just the publishers logo's.

I remember that incident.

George

RHR_Fan
06-07-06, 06:28 PM
What is/are dianetics? And I want a serious answer too please. :)

~Nicole

cameraman
06-07-06, 06:37 PM
Dianetics is a body of theory and associated practices developed by author L. Ron Hubbard regarding the relationship of the mind and the body. Hubbard believed most mental and physical problems are caused by traumatic memories (which he called "engrams") that are stored in the unconscious mind—in his terminology, the "reactive mind". The goal of Dianetics is to become rid (or "cleared") of this portion of one's mind. Once at this state of "Clear," according to Hubbard, an individual becomes able to function at his or her full potential. The primary practice of Dianetics is "auditing", in which a "pre-clear" (usually with the assistance of an "auditor") attempts to confront the engrams in his reactive mind and resolve them, thus treating the wide variety of conditions that they cause. Auditing frequently uses a device called an E-meter, which measures the electrical resistance of the human body and which followers of Hubbard claim actually "measures the spiritual state or change of state of a person".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics

Ankf00
06-07-06, 06:55 PM
Dianetics is how you get into Katie Holmes' panties.

NismoZ
06-07-06, 07:06 PM
Hey, whatever works.

pchall
06-07-06, 07:14 PM

~Nicole

Dianetics was founded by L. Ron Hubbard in 1950 when he introduced it in an article appearing Astounding-- a pulp SF magazine editted by a right wing crank named John W. Campbell. Hubbard was a Science Fiction writer of at best mediocre talents and his theory of Dianetics is more a blending of SF and occult elements than a scientifically and medically sound alternative to psychotherapy. Basically, it's a scam. :saywhat:

rabbit
06-07-06, 07:16 PM

~Nicole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54nfNmWo6mw

nrc
06-07-06, 09:42 PM
Don't be fooled by the fact that the clip is from South Park - as the caption said, that's what they really believe. Of course, until they get deeply enough into the brain washing they're not told the details.

emjaya
06-07-06, 09:49 PM
Don't be fooled by the fact that the clip is from South Park - as the caption said, that's what they really believe. Of course, until they get deeply enough into the brain washing they're not told the details.

:saywhat: x 10. :shakehead

dando
06-07-06, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54nfNmWo6mw
More South Park Scientology fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRCK3Wi9Nv4

:rofl:

Oh, and what nrc said. Freaks. :shakehead

-Kevin

Fio1
06-07-06, 11:11 PM
At least it beats the Rael guy that used to race cars and believe in aliens. That guy was a flipping fruit cake. At the Moroso 24 Hours he went ape $**** :shakehead when the main guy running the drivers meeting said something about God....I talked with him for like 20 minutes during the race as he is French and I have family from France and speak French. He's one interesting cat! :rolleyes: :eek:

Lizzerd
06-08-06, 02:08 AM
At least it beats the Rael guy that used to race cars and believe in aliens. That guy was a flipping fruit cake.

I remember him. Drove a few Trans-Am races, late '90's. Camaro, I thnk...

chop456
06-08-06, 02:16 AM
Once at this state of "Clear," according to Hubbard, an individual becomes able to function at his or her full potential.

It worked for Barry Bonds.

pchall
06-08-06, 07:02 AM
It worked for Barry Bonds.

:rofl: :thumbup:

Easy
06-08-06, 10:18 AM

~Nicole

The first step in L. Ron Hubbard's plan to make himself extremely rich. Another step included tax evasion.

Turbodog
06-08-06, 12:26 PM
Dianetics is how you get into Katie Holmes' panties.

and your cooking :p

G.
06-08-06, 06:23 PM
Holy crap! I've never paid much attention to scientology, hey, to each his own, right?

The Church of Sci is a straight-up cult. No if's and's or butt's. And it advertises on TV! :saywhat:

Check out xenu.net

Scary stuff.

And if any of you are members, forget that I ever posted this.

(they can be ruthless at causing pain for detractors)

And yes, they do believe that stuff.

Or maybe I've just been a bad clam sometime in the last trillion years.

Ankf00
06-08-06, 06:45 PM
Dianetics Jr. much better than Krishna,
Dianetics Jr. much better indeed.

Gangrel
06-08-06, 07:17 PM
Why do I get the feeling this ain't gonna' go over so well with the bible-thumping NASCAR crowd? :gomer:

extramundane
06-08-06, 08:53 PM
Why do I get the feeling this ain't gonna' go over so well with the bible-thumping NASCAR crowd? :gomer:

Several years ago, at the NASCAR extravaganza here in town, a rabbi did the invocation and the unwashed masses sharted themselves over his "Amen and Shalom!"

I'm sure Scientology will do just fine. :rofl:

Napoleon
06-08-06, 09:22 PM

Keith O. on Countdown on MSNBC had a story on this and in his intro he basically said the same thing. Too Funny.

Fio1
06-09-06, 01:36 AM

Ya, no kidding. They might as well hire a Black Russian driver to drive that car. :shakehead

Gangrel
06-09-06, 08:09 PM
Ya, no kidding. They might as well hire a Black Russian driver to drive that car. :shakehead

A black Russian-Jewish female driver in an interracial marriage with a Mexican. :gomer: