PDA

View Full Version : They should offer Carpentier a seat at PKV instead of rocketsport.

Fio1
06-07-06, 12:40 AM
Yo, why can't Carpentier get into Vasser's car at Montreal?

According to Miller's last piece:http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/25912/

Finally, Patrick Carpentier declined an offer to drive for RocketSports in the upcoming Montreal race. First off all, there's a war going on right now between Champ Car and NASCAR for future dates so this is a pivotal event. Secondly, Carpentier is a god in Montreal and he would sell 20,000 so it's a must he's got a ride. So get him a good one! A third car from Newman/Haas or Forsythe or RuSport. Give him a chance at being competitive and give Champ Car a fighting chance to draw a crowd. Oh yeah, don't let Andrew Ranger's ride get taken away either.

Spicoli
06-07-06, 12:49 AM
****, I'm not sure anyone HERE would drive a POS RocketSpurts sled. :laugh:

astinus4
06-07-06, 01:56 AM
Yo, why can't Carpentier get into Vasser's car at Montreal?

According to Miller's last piece:http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/25912/

Finally, Patrick Carpentier declined an offer to drive for RocketSports in the upcoming Montreal race. First off all, there's a war going on right now between Champ Car and NASCAR for future dates so this is a pivotal event. Secondly, Carpentier is a god in Montreal and he would sell 20,000 so it's a must he's got a ride. So get him a good one! A third car from Newman/Haas or Forsythe or RuSport. Give him a chance at being competitive and give Champ Car a fighting chance to draw a crowd. Oh yeah, don't let Andrew Ranger's ride get taken away either.

For what it's worth Gentilozzi posted at CCF that he never offered Carpentier anything.

Fio1
06-07-06, 02:22 AM
For what it's worth Gentilozzi posted at CCF that he never offered Carpentier anything.

Ya, he said he never talked to Carpentier nor offered him anything. Maybe he didn't, but maybe someone else did...I.E, maybe KK & Jerry F, who financed RHR at rocketsport last year, tried to get Carpentier in the second rocketsport car? :cool:

So again, why can't they put him in the Vasser PKV car? Maybe, he'd except that ride? :p

Spicoli
06-07-06, 07:46 AM
Ya, he said he never talked to Carpentier nor offered him anything. Maybe he didn't, but maybe someone else did...I.E, maybe KK & Jerry F, who financed RHR at rocketsport last year, tried to get Carpentier in the second rocketsport car? :cool:

So again, why can't they put him in the Vasser PKV car? Maybe, he'd except that ride? :p

It's Gerry not Jerry. :gomer:

See - you're wrong alot. :p

mueber
06-07-06, 07:55 AM
He should get Dominquez' ride.

Lux Interior
06-07-06, 08:07 AM

Yep - I never remember Patrick running into Paul like Mario has.

KLang
06-07-06, 09:19 AM

Wasn't there one season that they tangled a few times?

I don't recall where I read it but the story is supposed to be that Carpentier's agent approached PG about a ride for Montreal.

Wheel-Nut
06-07-06, 09:52 AM
If they did offer him a ride, is PC that good that he can pick and choose rides? I think not . . . . Hey Pat, take a tip from DaMatta, STFU and drive!!

Ankf00
06-07-06, 10:08 AM

I don't recall where I read it but the story is supposed to be that Carpentier's agent approached PG about a ride for Montreal.
I think that was Tags & Carp

KLang
06-07-06, 10:25 AM
I think that was Tags & Carp

Yes, I think you are correct.

trauma1
06-07-06, 10:39 AM
ok, and this a the idiot that left a guarented ride from GF for a ride for underacheever, and he's now unemployed and turning down rides, great move carp, real bright :rofl:

Spicoli
06-07-06, 11:22 AM
ok, and this a the idiot that left a guarented ride from GF for a ride for underacheever, and he's now unemployed and turning down rides, great move carp, real bright :rofl:

Yep.

Ranks right up there with ___king Mario taking the crapwagon air show tour at Indy while sitting on the CART BOD.

stoopid! :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
06-07-06, 11:25 AM
Forsythe wouldn't bring back Carpentier because he couldn't risk having Carpentier come back and hand the golden boy Tracy his ass again. That's why he brought in that patsie Dominguez. Good thing that's completely backfiring. :gomer:

KLang
06-07-06, 11:31 AM
Forsythe wouldn't bring back Carpentier because he couldn't risk having Carpentier come back and hand the golden boy Tracy his ass again. That's why he brought in that patsie Dominguez. Good thing that's completely backfiring. :gomer:

You are suggesting that Carp is a better driver then Tracy????? :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
06-07-06, 11:36 AM
You are suggesting that Carp is a better driver then Tracy????? :rofl:2004 Points:
1 Sebastien Bourdais 369 334 35
2 Bruno Junqueira 341 293 48
3 Patrick Carpentier 266 212 54
4 Paul Tracy 254 247 7

devilmaster
06-07-06, 11:39 AM
2004 Points:
1 Sebastien Bourdais 369 334 35
2 Bruno Junqueira 341 293 48
3 Patrick Carpentier 266 212 54
4 Paul Tracy 254 247 7

A whole 14 points.....

Wow.... what an ass whuppin....... :rolleyes:

KLang
06-07-06, 11:42 AM
Career stats:

PT
Poles 25
Podiums 70
Wins 30

Carp
Poles 5
Podiums 22
Wins 5

I like Pat and am not especially a fan of PT's but the stats are pretty obvious.

Dr. Corkski
06-07-06, 11:44 AM
A whole 14 points.....

Wow.... what an ass whuppin....... :rolleyes:Given that he got third rate treatment from the team that year, it sure was. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
06-07-06, 11:54 AM
Career stats:

PT
Poles 25
Podiums 70
Wins 30

Carp
Poles 5
Podiums 22
Wins 5

I like Pat and am not especially a fan of PT's but the stats are pretty obvious.Let's try this:

PT
Poles 25
Podiums 70
Wins 30

Bourdais
Poles 21
Podiums 28
Wins 20

The stats are pretty obvious there too, right? :rofl:

rabbit
06-07-06, 11:55 AM
Holy cow, I actually agree with cork on this one. :eek:

KLang
06-07-06, 12:01 PM
Let's try this:

PT
Poles 25
Podiums 70
Wins 30

Bourdais
Poles 21
Podiums 28
Wins 20

The stats are pretty obvious there too, right? :rofl:

Except that Bourdais has nothing to do with a comparison of Carp and PT. :rolleyes:

G.
06-07-06, 12:18 PM
Holy cow, I actually agree with cork on this one. :eek:Take meds.

Now.

chop456
06-07-06, 12:32 PM

How many times did Tracy take Franchitti out in ONE YEAR? :gomer:

cameraman
06-07-06, 12:42 PM
I do remember Dominguez launching Carp into the turn 6 wall at Vancouver a few years ago. So at least in that way Carp and Tracy have much in common.

The folks in the stands were unimpressed to say the least. Mario is lucky he got out of town alive...

rabbit
06-07-06, 12:43 PM
Yup, PT complaining about Mario taking him out is like the proverbial pot complaining about the kettle being black. :shakehead

Wheel-Nut
06-07-06, 12:43 PM
How do their, PT & PC, records at Forsythe compare?

Spicoli
06-07-06, 01:11 PM

Now you are completely off your rocker. :rolleyes:

If PC were worth a hsit, he'd have a ride as we speak.

patski
06-07-06, 01:16 PM
PC made his choice. Let him rot in the .IRL.

Dr. Corkski
06-07-06, 01:49 PM
Now you are completely off your rocker. :rolleyes:

If PC were worth a hsit, he'd have a ride as we speak.He needs a Wellbox. :gomer:

Ankf00
06-07-06, 02:17 PM
Carp was the 3rd driver on the team, the #2 engineers were all on Lavin's car. And he still beat out Paul the Wall.

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

Insomniac
06-07-06, 02:28 PM

That was my thought. Then two Canadians can finish the race!

Insomniac
06-07-06, 02:31 PM
Given that he got third rate treatment from the team that year, it sure was. :thumbup:

Third rate? Come on. He may've had the third best crew at FCR, but he still had all of FCR behind him. The data, the teammates, the equipment.

oddlycalm
06-07-06, 02:31 PM
He should get Dominquez' ride. Yes, permanently. :thumbup:

oc

Insomniac
06-07-06, 02:34 PM
Except that Bourdais has nothing to do with a comparison of Carp and PT. :rolleyes:

Not to mention it's a completely different time. Does anyone here think Bourdais is better than Zanardi at TCGR? In the end, his stats will make him look like the best ChampCar driver ever. Heck, his stats are probably better than Schumacher's (percentage wise).

Insomniac
06-07-06, 02:35 PM
Yup, PT complaining about Mario taking him out is like the proverbial pot complaining about the kettle being black. :shakehead

In fairness to PT, he only said it was a shame his team mate took him out of the race. PT has either mellowed or is really biting his tongue.

G.
06-07-06, 02:35 PM
Does anyone here think Bourdais is better than Zanardi at TCGR? Actually, yes. Yes I do. Seebass is a farking MACHINE!

Flame away, but I'm sticking to it.

Seriously.

Insomniac
06-07-06, 02:39 PM
Actually, yes. Yes I do. Seebass is a farking MACHINE!

Seriously.

I'm not going to flame away, but I think it's inferior (and lack of) competition. I can't wait for the new chassis, hopefully it will put people on a new (and level) playing field and the cars won't be engineered to boredom. Why hasn't F1 come knocking?

mueber
06-07-06, 03:00 PM
PC made his choice. Let him rot in the .IRL.

Even a cursory review of this year's field shows that we can not afford to be that proud.

Ankf00
06-07-06, 03:36 PM
I'm not going to flame away, but I think it's inferior (and lack of) competition. I can't wait for the new chassis, hopefully it will put people on a new (and level) playing field and the cars won't be engineered to boredom. Why hasn't F1 come knocking?
I don't think F1 is ever going to come knocking for any CCWS champion again, not at the profile the series is at now, regardless of performance. And while it's true the field is weak, and there's only 2 championship caliber teams, Seb trounced them 2 years in a row and he's only been in the series for 3 years. Junquiera & PT have been familiar with the tracks, the cars, and their teams. It doesn't show Seb to be Emmo, and the N-H engineering definitely helps, but the fact he puts everyone away with ease quite often is telling, imo.

Gangrel
06-07-06, 03:48 PM

I believe that is Paul and Dario tangling a few times, Houston being the big one, when they were driving for TKG.

Lux Interior
06-07-06, 03:53 PM

Good point. Tracy has taken out more than a few people in his time.

Lux Interior
06-07-06, 03:55 PM

Seriously.

I'm there. Bordais is in a class by himself right now. It's too bad we can't take him back to the late 1990's and see how he stacks up. Still, he is a MASTER at keeping his revs up in corners.

rabbit
06-07-06, 04:13 PM
Third rate? Come on. He may've had the third best crew at FCR, but he still had all of FCR behind him. The data, the teammates, the equipment.
BS. The team did not support Pat at all. PT signed with Forsythe because they promised him a championship, and nothing, not even Pat, was going to get in the way. The whole focus was on Paul. Everything Pat did was an afterthought. He was even told, more than once, to pull over and let Paul by because Paul needed the points. Once, on the radio, after the crew thanked him for pulling over for Paul, he told them to "**** off." It's no wonder he had a sour taste in his mouth when it came to Forsythe.

Racing Truth
06-07-06, 04:25 PM

Seriously.

Thanks for the compliment.

Sincerely,

Jan Heylen, Nicky Pastorelli, Nelson Phillippe (MKE notwithstanding), "Speedy" Dan Clarke, Mario Dominguez, and Katherine Legge (no slight on her, she WILL, in time, be good)

:gomer:

Face it both series are just about equally diluted with wankiness. Comparing it to '97 is insulting, IMHO.

Racing Truth
06-07-06, 05:22 PM
He needs a Wellbox. :gomer:

:laugh: :laugh:

Ankf00
06-07-06, 05:36 PM
and Katherine Legge (no slight on her, she WILL, in time, be good)

you can't have it both ways, if Seb's domination is worthless because of the weak comp, then Legge's few atlantics wins are even more worthless considering the even worse depth over there

Racing Truth
06-07-06, 05:54 PM
you can't have it both ways, if Seb's domination is worthless because of the weak comp, then Legge's few atlantics wins are even more worthless considering the even worse depth over there

Neither are worthless. They're just less impressive than the 1997 counterparts.

Insomniac
06-08-06, 09:13 PM
I don't think F1 is ever going to come knocking for any CCWS champion again, not at the profile the series is at now, regardless of performance.

That's my point. The majority of teams there pay their drivers to win. Some just keep recycling the same guys between them. If Bourdais is that good, why not even a test? We can all see why guys who drive on ovals all the time won't get a shot, but what's wrong with ChampCar when someone racks up the numbers like Bourdais and F1 doesn't care?

Insomniac
06-08-06, 09:17 PM
BS. The team did not support Pat at all. PT signed with Forsythe because they promised him a championship, and nothing, not even Pat, was going to get in the way. The whole focus was on Paul. Everything Pat did was an afterthought. He was even told, more than once, to pull over and let Paul by because Paul needed the points. Once, on the radio, after the crew thanked him for pulling over for Paul, he told them to "**** off." It's no wonder he had a sour taste in his mouth when it came to Forsythe.

Again, I'm not saying he was treated the best at FCR, but he had their resources. So trying to pretend he was driving the Dale Coyne car that Geoff Boss had is just ridiculous. PC was talented, I never thought otherwise, my point is, he had a good car and kept it close to his teammate, which is what you expect. Regardless of whether or not he was being "Barichello'd".

tantra
06-08-06, 11:35 PM
PC is a good driver and an impressive personality for our racing series.
He would again be an asset to the company any place and any time.
His not being in the CCWS is our lose, especially at an event in Canada.

Lux Interior
06-09-06, 06:46 AM
I agree. The man drove a great race in cleveland in 2002. And of course, then he followed it up with a win at Mid Ohio.

I'd like to see him back in the series again. :thumbup:

Ankf00
06-09-06, 08:13 AM
Again, I'm not saying he was treated the best at FCR, but he had their resources. So trying to pretend he was driving the Dale Coyne car that Geoff Boss had is just ridiculous. PC was talented, I never thought otherwise, my point is, he had a good car and kept it close to his teammate, which is what you expect. Regardless of whether or not he was being "Barichello'd".
what good is being on a team w/ good engineers, data analysts, equipment, etc. when everyone is focused on the other 2 cars and yours never sees the light of day except when it's time to head to the track?

Insomniac
06-09-06, 10:43 AM
what good is being on a team w/ good engineers, data analysts, equipment, etc. when everyone is focused on the other 2 cars and yours never sees the light of day except when it's time to head to the track?

Compared to driving for Dale Coyne in 2004? I'd say a huge difference.

Ankf00
06-09-06, 11:17 AM
Compared to driving for Dale Coyne in 2004? I'd say a huge difference.
well yea, but this isn't a matter of extremes. Coyne == extreme end. PT's car == other extreme end...

Insomniac
06-09-06, 08:02 PM
well yea, but this isn't a matter of extremes. Coyne == extreme end. PT's car == other extreme end...

Well that was my point when I first replied. It wasn't entirely a miracle that Carpentier did well in an FCR car, even though he was #3.

jonovision_man
06-09-06, 09:02 PM
Secondly, Carpentier is a god in Montreal and he would sell 20,000 so it's a must he's got a ride.

That'd be what, triple last year's crowd? ;)

Carpentier isn't a god in Montreal, that's really pouring it on thick.

Now get Jacques a ride for Montreal... :thumbup: :D

jono