PDA

View Full Version : Nelson is better than Micro/Macro

Spicoli
06-05-06, 11:47 PM
And I can prove it! :D

cameraman
06-05-06, 11:56 PM
I'd like to see that.

And I would be willing to bet that you are correct too.

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 11:58 PM
Nelson Piquet? :gomer:

Spicoli
06-06-06, 12:03 AM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=153017#post153017

micro - avg finish - 12th

fabio - avg finish - 9.25

Nelsonmania!!!!!! :p

rabbit
06-06-06, 12:08 AM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=153017#post153017

micro - avg finish - 12th

fabio - avg finish - 9.25

Nelsonmania!!!!!! :p
Nelson is in his third year. So let's compare apples to apples...

Nelson's first five races as a rookie in 2004---> 13th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 10th
rookie Marco - avg finish - 12.0
rookie Fabio - avg finish - 12.4 :gomer:

Marco fever: Catch it! :p

cameraman
06-06-06, 12:09 AM
Nelson Piquet - ave finish - 7.0

Piquet mania ensues.

Quickly squelched by Hamilton mania tho'

Fio1
06-06-06, 12:59 AM
There is no way that someone would even think for a second that Nelson Phillipe is better then Marco Andretti. :laugh:

OK, maybe Nelson's Mom :thumbup: would but no one not related to him. Come on! :eek:

1st, Phillipe never won a race. Like Danica, has yet to win a car race. Second he finished 3rd after 3 season with 1/2 the field dropping out or running 10 laps down. Come on, man! :saywhat:

NismoZ
06-06-06, 09:03 AM
Graham Rahal is the guy we should be comparing him to. Both have indicated they'd like to get to F-1 someday. One is racing (mostly) in circles for his dad and did very well in the last two races. One is in what many are calling a TOP road racing feeder series with an eye toward driver preparation as opposed to a big trophy and a bottle of milk. One consistently beat the other in another very good road racing prep series last season but they both did extremely well. I for one wish Marco HAD won the 500 so he could at least put one win there behind him and perhaps focus more on a road racing future. I think Mario felt that way, too but it's hard to argue with the fame and money that has already come Marco's way. Correct, neither one was ready for GP2 this season but you know Rahal is headed that way as early as next season. (But, what if he wins the $2 mil.!? :eek: ) Marco? As well as he's done, as good as he is, I still wish he was in Atlantics and doing the odd IRL events (Indy and the road/street races...like Matos?) and looking toward the GP2/F-1 route also. He could do TEN years in Europe and still have a 15 year career waiting back here. I think he knows someone who actually did that.

Spicoli
06-06-06, 11:20 AM
There is no way that someone would even think for a second that Nelson Phillipe is better then Marco Andretti. :laugh:

OK, maybe Nelson's Mom would but no one not related to him. Come on! :eek:

1st, Phillipe never won a race. Like Danica, has yet to win a car race. Second he finished 3rd after 3 season with 1/2 the field dropping out or running 10 laps down. Come on, man!

hater. :gomer:

THE STATS DO NOT LIE! :rofl:

racer2c
06-06-06, 11:28 AM
Ayrton Andretti or Marco Senna? Which has a better ring to it? I like the former.

Dr. Corkski
06-06-06, 12:16 PM
Norbert Siedler would pwn them all driving blindfolded. :gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

Fio1
06-06-06, 12:39 PM
THE STATS DO NOT LIE! :rofl:

Ya, they sure don't! Marco has a podium after 3 rounds, versus Fabio who has a podium after 3 years! :laugh: :rofl: :shakehead

cameraman
06-06-06, 12:48 PM
You a charter member of the Marco Andretti fanboy club or what?

trauma1
06-06-06, 01:15 PM
i'd go with the rahal kid before them, marco is sounds like he's going to end up like the old man a jerk spoiled kid, rahal kid is racing anything he can A1gp atlantics and is proving he can so it without dad, take marco out of agr and what would you have, i don't think the results he's had thus far

Spicoli
06-06-06, 01:22 PM
Ya, they sure don't! Marco has a podium after 3 rounds, versus Fabio who has a podium after 3 years! :laugh: :rofl: :shakehead

that's not the question, you bender spinner Wilkier! :gomer:

the question was THIS YEAR. :fanboi:

trauma1
06-06-06, 01:25 PM
nelson has grown up alot and is lot better than i thought he would be, i initially i thought oh no another sperifico but the kid has grown up quickly

cart7
06-06-06, 02:28 PM
i'd go with the rahal kid before them, marco is sounds like he's going to end up like the old man a jerk spoiled kid, rahal kid is racing anything he can A1gp atlantics and is proving he can so it without dad, take marco out of agr and what would you have, i don't think the results he's had thus far

I'll say this, he was way overdriving the car last weekend considering the conditions and Dad didn't seem to have a problem with that. I don't see where he'll ever get some direction on not making some of the same mistakes that his old man and grandfather made over the years.

Fio1
06-06-06, 03:35 PM
In 10 years from now, there will have been another Andretti racing for Ferrari in F1. Whether he wins or not is a different story. Once Marlboro can't sponsor F1 anymore, someone has to come up with the money to pay for the running cost of the Ferrari F1 effort. An American in F1, and American with the name Andretti might actually brink Coca Cola to finally seal the deal by being the primary sponsor of Ferrari. This was talked about in the 80's and Enzo said no way!

Right down this date fellows. 6-6-06. You heard it hear first! And when it happens and we are all still alive, you'll say, "maybe that Fiorentina 1 S.O.B actually knew what the heck he was talking about...." :cool:

rabbit
06-06-06, 04:24 PM

the question was THIS YEAR. :fanboi:Well if you want to continue to compare apples to oranges, let's take a look at Sam Hornish Jr and Paul Tracy, this year.

Sam - 3, 8, 4, 1, 12 - avg finish = 5.6
PT - 17, 2, 4, 16 - avg finish = 9.75

So by Spikkly logic, Sam Hornish Jr. > Paul Tracy :gomer:

Spicoli
06-06-06, 04:51 PM
Well if you want to continue to compare apples to oranges, let's take a look at Sam Hornish Jr and Paul Tracy, this year.

Sam - 3, 8, 4, 1, 12 - avg finish = 5.6
PT - 17, 2, 4, 16 - avg finish = 9.75

So by Spikkly logic, Sam Hornish Jr. > Paul Tracy :gomer:

Well, this year, that would be true. No arguement here.

PT must be getting

a. laid

b. not laid

c. fat

d. lazy

e. Nel$onmania!

YOU make the call... :gomer:

NismoZ
06-06-06, 04:52 PM
All of the above.

emjaya
06-06-06, 06:27 PM
In 10 years from now, there will have been another Andretti racing for Ferrari in F1. Whether he wins or not is a different story. Once Marlboro can't sponsor F1 anymore, someone has to come up with the money to pay for the running cost of the Ferrari F1 effort. An American in F1, and American with the name Andretti might actually brink Coca Cola to finally seal the deal by being the primary sponsor of Ferrari. This was talked about in the 80's and Enzo said no way!

I agree,Marco will drive in F1,Mario do his best to see that happens,but I think more Red Bull than Ferrari.The American driver thing is important and the Andretti name a big help too.imho.

"maybe that Fiorentina 1 S.O.B actually knew what the heck he was talking about...." :cool:

This,however,will never happen. :gomer: ;)

:)

Racing Truth
06-06-06, 07:41 PM

the question was THIS YEAR. :fanboi:

Dude, you're out-Wilkeing Wilke in this thread! :laugh:

Fabio ran great at Milwaukee, and he really showed me something. But let's review: As best as I can recall, Nelson has had two noteworthy runs, Sunday, and IIRC Monterrey last yr. "Micro," if that's what we're calling him, ALREADY ties Nelson in that category, after FIVE races.

Seriously, Spikkly, are you honestly arguing that Phillippe is better than Micro?

Spicoli
06-06-06, 07:45 PM
Dude, you're out-Wilkeing Wilke in this thread! :laugh:

Fabio ran great at Milwaukee, and he really showed me something. But let's review: As best as I can recall, Nelson has had two noteworthy runs, Sunday, and IIRC Monterrey last yr. "Micro," if that's what we're calling him, ALREADY ties Nelson in that category, after FIVE races.

Seriously, Spikkly, are you honestly arguing that Phillippe is better than Micro?

The facts do not lie. Who has the better finishes overall?

editors note: editor is bored. :D

Racing Truth
06-06-06, 07:48 PM
1. The facts do not lie. Who has the better finishes overall?

2. editors note: editor is bored. :D

1. Fabio= 40+ races, Micro= 5. Not a great comparison.

2. :D

Spicoli
06-06-06, 07:50 PM
1. Fabio= 40+ races, Micro= 5. Not a great comparison.

2. :D

Btw - I thought up that Micro name. Kinda funny, huh? :p He ain;t nuttin but a punk azzed beyitch! :eminimenem:

edit: page top! wo0000ot!

rabbit
06-06-06, 07:56 PM
The facts do not lie. Who has the better finishes overall?

editors note: editor is bored. :DMarco has finished on the podium in 20% of the races he has started.
Nelson has finished on the podium in 3.6% of the races he has started.

Keep trying, Spilke. :p

Spicoli
06-06-06, 08:52 PM
Marco has finished on the podium in 20% of the races he has started.

We are talking about THIS year! Keep trying rabbitard! :gomer:

:rofl:

editors note: I was never serious about this you know... :p

rabbit
06-06-06, 09:05 PM
editors note: I was never serious about this you know... :p
Me neither. :gomer:

nrc
06-06-06, 11:12 PM
Marco has finished on the podium in 20% of the races he has started.

I thought the gomers prided themselves on not having anything so fruity cup as a "podium".

Fio1
06-06-06, 11:19 PM
This,however,will never happen. :gomer: ;)

:)

Ya, that's true.... :laugh: