PDA

View Full Version : Micro/Macro whatever to f1!

Spicoli
06-05-06, 02:46 PM
OK, this is f'in hilarious. i'm home "sick" today (bad nosebleeds, wtf?) and I'm watching the gomer race from yesterday, and whoever is their announcer/paid hacktard Scooby Goodyear$$ says

"He is a rookie only in stature. But I tell you what, he's 19 years old. He's got his sights set on Formula 1. He is one of the best American talents we've seen in a long time, with the opportunity to maybe get into f1."

rsuty sez: STFU :)

"19 years old thinkin about Formula 1 already? I'd be thinkin of how to finish this year out instead of F1"

:rofl:

Ankf00
06-05-06, 02:47 PM
nosebleeds huh? quit hitting that blow. ;)

Spicoli
06-05-06, 02:49 PM
nosebleeds huh? quit hitting that blow. ;)

please stay on topic.

but - yeah its totally wierd. never happened to me before. meds = good so far.

now, back to bashing eaRl. :gomer:

Ankf00
06-05-06, 02:58 PM
Marco, Wheldon, Princess Danicle, and Eddie Cheever are all eyeing the Grand Prix circuit. Come on now, that's been common knowledge for quite some time! Kanaan to BAR replacing Woobens, Wheldon to Super Aguri to replace #2, Princess Danicle to replace the Cosworth of Nico Rosberg, who never finished 2nd place in the Formula Ford Festival mind you. ;) And of course Eddie taking over the #1 at Maranello when The Chosen One retires.

This message has been brought to you by Kool-Aid. "OOOOH YEAAAAH!" :gomer:

Cam
06-05-06, 03:23 PM
OK, this is f'in hilarious. i'm home "sick" today (bad nosebleeds, wtf?) and I'm watching the gomer race from yesterday, and whoever is their announcer/paid hacktard Scooby Goodyear$$ says

"He is a rookie only in stature. But I tell you what, he's 19 years old. He's got his sights set on Formula 1. He is one of the best American talents we've seen in a long time, with the opportunity to maybe get into f1."

"19 years old thinkin about Formula 1 already? I'd be thinkin of how to finish this year out instead of F1"

Unfortunately he is being given reason to be looking at F1...

F1 chiefs 'watching' teenage Andretti - 02 June 2006 (http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=15941)

Spicoli
06-05-06, 03:26 PM
Mario Andretti, 66 - who in 1978 won F1's drivers' championship - told La Gazzetta dello Sport this week: 'I would like (Marco) to come to F1 with Ferrari.',

Yeah. :rolleyes: Go to bed old man.

Cam
06-05-06, 03:28 PM
I love how they keep rubbing this in tho.... :D

Father Michael's grand prix assault alongside Ayrton Senna in 1993 famously failed,

oddlycalm
06-05-06, 04:07 PM
I can't blame a guy for having a blind spot when it comes to his kid or grand kid, but realistically this is laughable. Talking about Micro in a Ferrari is just grandpa talking. Talking about Micro in GP2 might be rational... at least once Lewis Hamilton has moved up. ;)

oc

cameraman
06-05-06, 04:13 PM
If he really wanted to be in F1 he would be running GP2 this year. Unless none of the teams would have him and he had no choice but to go twirling.

IRL to GP2, that would still be considered moving up in the world.

Lux Interior
06-05-06, 04:27 PM
Oh come on guys. Everyone knows that the path to F1 greatness starts in the IRL. Look at all the F1 race winners that got their start there. There's ummm....Then there's uh - that - oh yeah,....

extramundane
06-05-06, 04:34 PM
Oh come on guys. Everyone knows that the path to F1 greatness starts in the IRL. Look at all the F1 race winners that got their start there. There's ummm....Then there's uh - that - oh yeah,....

Don't you know your Gomer History? Ol' JayPee Montoya got to F1 solely because of his Inny Fi-Hunnert win! :gomer:

rabbit
06-05-06, 04:49 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/motorsport/young-marco-on-track-to-become-the-greatest-andretti-of-them-all/2006/06/03/1148956591749.html

The future for Marco looks endless.

Three years ago, sitting in a hospitality tent at a racetrack, Mario looked across the table at his diminutive grandson and pronounced: "He has the potential to be the best Andretti of them all."

That's no small compliment coming from a driver who was a champion in formula one and Indy cars and a winner of NASCAR's Daytona 500 and several major sports car events.

There was little doubt he would race cars for a living. The big debate in the family was where?

Mario was adamant Marco should head for Europe and develop his talent on the way to a formula one career. Michael wanted Marco racing on American ovals and to be part of the family business.

Eventually, the father won the argument.

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 04:53 PM
If he really wanted to be in F1 he would be running GP2 this year. Unless none of the teams would have him and he had no choice but to go twirling.

IRL to GP2, that would still be considered moving up in the world.If he wanted to end any chance of F1 he would have done GP2 this year. Look how Timo Glock is doing.

cameraman
06-05-06, 06:01 PM
And a year spent twirling will help how?

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 07:55 PM
And a year spent twirling will help how?It keeps him away from his real competition and provides him a low pressure environment where the likelyhood of failure is lower. It would have been harder to justify giving him any seat had he gone to GP2 or even Atlantics and failed.

Same thing PKV is doing with Legge.

Accipiter
06-05-06, 08:33 PM
I wish the plan for Marco was to send him to GP2 next year. Shame he's stuck in his dad's team.

Fio1
06-05-06, 09:12 PM
Marco Andretti WILL BE IN F1 in the next five years! I'll see you back here when he does make it to F1 spicoli! :D

I wish the plan for Marco was to send him to GP2 next year. Shame he's stuck in his dad's team.

Guys! How much money does a season of GP2 cost? Or Atlantics for that matter? How much does adding a fifth car to a four car team in IRL cost? Which series is easier to generate sponsorship; GP2, Atlantics or IRL? :cool:

cameraman
06-05-06, 11:09 PM
Which involves racing experience that matters to an F1 team?

Spicoli
06-05-06, 11:45 PM
Marco Andretti WILL BE IN F1 in the next five years! I'll see you back here when he does make it to F1 spicoli!

oh please.

like Rusty the tard says: lets let him get thru a year first. :gomer:

let's review his season thus far:

Career Summary
Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Poles Laps Led Running
At Finish Earnings
5 0 1 1 0 2 2

and he's finished 15th, 15th, 12th, 2nd and 16th. :WANKER:
Average finish - 12th. Second coming alright! Second coming of his ******* father or danicle.... :rolleyes:

****, let's drag out Fabio's stats!

:D

13th, 4th, 17th, 3rd.
average finish - 9th!

Nelsonmania!

:p

That's right beetches.

Fio1
06-06-06, 12:49 AM
Which involves racing experience that matters to an F1 team?

I know what you are saying, but considering that 1/2 the drivers currently in F1 never ran in GP2 or Int. F3000 I don't think it matters! Just look at Kimi or World Champions Michael Schumacher and Jacques Villenueve! :cool:

2006 F1 race drivers with no GP2/F3000 experience:
M.Schumacher, Massa, Kimi, Trulli, Fisichella, R.Schumacher, Button, Klien, Albers, Montiero, Sato, & Ide. :thumbup: :cool:

And Spicoli, ok. Nelsonmania? LOL :shakehead Wouldn't it be fair to compare rookie season? Besides, didn't only 10 cars finish at Milwaukee? The way I see it, Marco already finished second and Nelsonmania finished 3rd after 3 seasons...

Dr. Corkski
06-06-06, 01:58 AM
The Midland twins both sucked in Int. F3000.

NismoZ
06-06-06, 09:15 AM
All I know is the hope for a successful future in F-1 for an American rests on the shoulders of Graham Rahal and Marco Andretti, not Scott Speed. The only way Nellie gets to Monaco is watching from a yacht. (which has always been MY F-1 dream! :D )

Fio1
06-06-06, 09:40 AM
Nelson Phillipo Inzaghi will get to F1, he'll buy his way into a midpack team, get wated by his teammate, but he's French anyways, so who cares! :laugh:

Ankf00
06-06-06, 10:14 AM
schumi, kimi, button, F3 > twirl.

Accipiter
06-06-06, 11:17 AM
Guys! How much money does a season of GP2 cost? Or Atlantics for that matter? How much does adding a fifth car to a four car team in IRL cost? Which series is easier to generate sponsorship; GP2, Atlantics or IRL? :cool:

All well and good. But my concern is that Michael is more focused on proving you can get there from here than he is on doing everything possibel to ensure that Marco gets there.

Spicoli
06-06-06, 11:19 AM
I know what you are saying, but considering that 1/2 the drivers currently in F1 never ran in GP2 or Int. F3000 I don't think it matters! Just look at Kimi or World Champions Michael Schumacher and Jacques Villenueve! :cool:

M.Schumacher, Massa, Kimi, Trulli, Fisichella, R.Schumacher, Button, Klien, Albers, Montiero, Sato, & Ide.
And Spicoli, ok. Nelsonmania? LOL :shakehead Wouldn't it be fair to compare rookie season? Besides, didn't only 10 cars finish at Milwaukee? The way I see it, Marco already finished second and Nelsonmania finished 3rd after 3 seasons...

The Nelosnmania was merely a coincidence. Andrettis get 2000% more hype than they deserve. F them. I just pulled out the Fabio comparison (and in reality not having any idea what his results to Micro in a comapison would be), and VIOLA! He is a BETTER DRIVER RIGHT NOW. :) forget what year, we are just using RIGHT NOW data as a comparison.

So - go ahead, be a Andretti bootlicker. Nelsonmania is where its at right now Big Boy!

:w00000oooot!

:gomer:

Easy
06-06-06, 12:19 PM
M.Schumacher, Massa, Kimi, Trulli, Fisichella, R.Schumacher, Button, Klien, Albers, Montiero, Sato, & Ide. :thumbup: :cool:

Ralfie and Ide came from FNippon, Albers and Monteiro did Int'l 3000 and Massa came from Euro 3000.

That said, I agree with you that GP2/3000 experience isn't crucial insofar as getting into F1 has much more to do with your wallet and who you know than where you race or how good you are.

Fio1
06-06-06, 12:36 PM
Ralfie and Ide came from FNippon, Albers and Monteiro did Int'l 3000 and Massa came from Euro 3000.

That said, I agree with you that GP2/3000 experience isn't crucial insofar as getting into F1 has much more to do with your wallet and who you know than where you race or how good you are.

Michael did one race of F.Nippon if we want to be picky.

Albers came from DTM and Montiero from cahmpcars and World Series, right before F1!

But, guys like Kimi & Button came from F3, F.Renault. And, Montoya got to F1 after his Cart Indy 500 exploits, same with Villenueve.

Oh, and what about Dixon & Wheldon in the future? :laugh: J/K!

Ankf00
06-06-06, 01:17 PM
Michael did one race of F.Nippon if we want to be picky.

Albers came from DTM and Montiero from cahmpcars and World Series, right before F1!

But, guys like Kimi & Button came from F3, F.Renault. And, Montoya got to F1 after his Cart Indy 500 exploits, same with Villenueve.

regardless, the point is that montoya already had an F3K title, he had experience turning right at european levels. Winning the CART title as a rookie had nothing to do with being retained by Williams? It was the Indy 500 title? :laugh:

All Marco has had so far is Skip Barber before IPS & earl, and you want to call that kind of experience comparable to the rest of these guys turning right on various euro circuits? :laugh:

trauma1
06-06-06, 01:22 PM
the rahal kid is right now for me the most impressive, he's doing it without daddy's eguipement, take marco off agr and i don't think he's have the results he's had, rahal kid is driving anything he can get A1gp, atlantic, even ips last year, and i have a feeling bobby is going to get him a new Dp01 very soon,

Cam
06-06-06, 01:43 PM
Winning the CART title as a rookie had nothing to do with being retained by Williams? It was the Indy 500 title?

Montoya was already a test driver for Williams and was on loan to Chip from Williams. Frank wanted him to get his experience wadding up Targetmobiles rather than his Rothmans stuff. :D

Easy
06-06-06, 03:19 PM
the rahal kid is right now for me the most impressive, he's doing it without daddy's eguipement, take marco off agr and i don't think he's have the results he's had, rahal kid is driving anything he can get A1gp, atlantic, even ips last year, and i have a feeling bobby is going to get him a new Dp01 very soon,

Like the two of them have ever driven anything but top flight, well funded cars. I think Rahal is potentially better but to say that one is doing okay because he has the best equipment is misguided. Neither has ever touched a mid-grid car.

Fio1
06-06-06, 03:22 PM
All Marco has had so far is Skip Barber before IPS & earl, and you want to call that kind of experience comparable to the rest of these guys turning right on various euro circuits? :laugh:

What about Formula Mazda?

Why don't you guys like Marco? He's more like Mario then Michael. It goes like this:
Mario: :thumbup:
Michael-Jeff: :saywhat: What kind of funny fuel did they use in F1 in the 70's?
Marco: :D

trauma1
06-06-06, 03:30 PM
he;s picking up his dads tudde lately, the agr prima donna act is rubbing off on him, mario needs to bitch slap him, the kid is starting to believe the press clippings from the wilkie faithfull :thumdown:

NismoZ
06-06-06, 03:49 PM
And your attitude is more about what Wilke thinks than any realistic estimation of Marco's skill. In equal equipment, in the rain he was nearly a full second faster than Helio on a road course. Ask Kanaan how good he thinks the kid is. Ask Hornish. Dario? Herta? (they were wondering well over a year ago which one was going to lose their job when Marco moved up. They weren't kidding.) Right NOW at age 19 he may be the fastest guy in The League and there is no reason to think that type of skill wouldn't carry over into ANY series where having the top equipment is one of the rewards for demonstrating top ability. I'd rather see him provide a solid base for a united and strong Indy Car series right here and race PT before he gets too old and measure himself against Sebastian Bourdais instead of Michael Schumacher. What direction he'll head is unknown but it's laughable NOT to think he could do well in F-1.

trauma1
06-06-06, 04:01 PM
after 4 races now he's the savior of open wheel racing, that;s the same **** they said about danicia, the rahal kid has as much talent, and marco being in a a ferrari and f1, not until he starts running gp2, is marco talented yes, but i'm not putting him a f1 ride after 4 irl races, with 1 good result and 3 dnf's, the dads attitude is rubbing off, last year danicia, danicia and now this year marco, the rahal kid has been in an a1car, atlantic and bobby wants him to go to gp2 next, he's finished 1 irl race and now everyone is is putting him in a f1 seat, just because mario wants him in f1 doesn't mean he'll get there

Spicoli
06-06-06, 04:54 PM
And your attitude is more about what Wilke thinks than any realistic estimation of Marco's skill. In equal equipment, in the rain he was nearly a full second faster than Helio on a road course. Ask Kanaan how good he thinks the kid is. Ask Hornish. Dario? Herta? (they were wondering well over a year ago which one was going to lose their job when Marco moved up. They weren't kidding.) Right NOW at age 19 he may be the fastest guy in The League and there is no reason to think that type of skill wouldn't carry over into ANY series where having the top equipment is one of the rewards for demonstrating top ability. I'd rather see him provide a solid base for a united and strong Indy Car series right here and race PT before he gets too old and measure himself against Sebastian Bourdais instead of Michael Schumacher. What direction he'll head is unknown but it's laughable NOT to think he could do well in F-1.

equal equipment my ass! :shakehead

cameraman
06-06-06, 05:11 PM
This is the same kid who couldn't get out of pit lane without breaking the drive shaft two months ago. :rolleyes:

Back away from the koolaid people.

Ankf00
06-06-06, 05:21 PM
earl to ferrari, 4 races to schumi's heir... :laugh:

Spicoli
06-06-06, 05:52 PM
earl to ferrari, 4 races to schumi's heir... :laugh:

Yessiree. come back to reality dilwads.

NismoZ
06-06-06, 10:00 PM
Equal? Sure, they all had big a big "H" on them, didn't they? :) If anything those red and white ones were probably better, with the "unfair advantage" and all, but the 26 was being driven faster. (I have proof! :p ) And where do you guys get off pretending some think he is ready NOW? Headed to Italy tomorrow? Sure, that's what we were saying. :shakehead You all must be afraid of the future.

Louie
06-07-06, 01:23 PM

:rofl: Missed that. Funee. :rofl:

I think the kid may be a exceptional talent. Here's hoping he stays safe on those damn high banks.
I just hate TMS :thumdown:

Spicoli
06-07-06, 01:41 PM
Missed that. Funee. :rofl:

I think the kid may be a exceptional talent. Here's hoping he stays safe on those damn high banks.

"Theyz like fieter Gets in a jimnauseum." - Eddie the prick. :gomer:

RusH
06-07-06, 11:36 PM
Missed that. Funee. :rofl:

Welcome Louie! :D :thumbup:

cameraman
07-18-06, 02:37 AM
If he wanted to end any chance of F1 he would have done GP2 this year. Look how Timo Glock is doing.

Yeah, why don't you look how Timo Glock is doing :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
07-18-06, 03:20 AM
Yeah, why don't you look how Timo Glock is doing :rofl:Don't you have to go argue about tires with a tire guy or something? :gomer:

How was Glock doing before the switch (and the post)? He moved down the ladder and still took half the season and a team switch to get up to speed.

Besides, WGAF about GP2? Everyone knows Lewis Hamilton is a hack that is just afraid to take on the real talents in Atlantics.

Spicoli
07-18-06, 08:53 AM
Don't you have to go argue about tires with a tire guy or something? :gomer:

How was Glock doing before the switch (and the post)? He moved down the ladder and still took half the season and a team switch to get up to speed.

Besides, WGAF about GP2? Everyone knows Lewis Hamilton is a hack that is just afraid to take on the real talents in Atlantics.

you're such a dick.

cartman
07-18-06, 03:33 PM
The future for Marco looks endless.

Three years ago, sitting in a hospitality tent at a racetrack, Mario looked across the table at his diminutive grandson and pronounced: "He has the potential to be the best Andretti of them all."

That's no small compliment coming from a driver who was a champion in formula one and Indy cars and a winner of NASCAR's Daytona 500 and several major sports car events.

There was little doubt he would race cars for a living. The big debate in the family was where?

Mario was adamant Marco should head for Europe and develop his talent on the way to a formula one career. Michael wanted Marco racing on American ovals and to be part of the family business.

Eventually, to everyone else's disgust, the father won the argument.

Fixed. :)

cartman
07-18-06, 03:36 PM
Marco isn't even anywhere near remotely close to being ready for F1. Driving around in circles in hopped up riding mowers does not prepare one for F1.....period.

pkvracing12
07-19-06, 12:25 AM
oh please.
like Rusty the tard says: lets let him get thru a year first. :gomer:

let's review his season thus far:

and he's finished 15th, 15th, 12th, 2nd and 16th. :WANKER:
Average finish - 12th. Second coming alright! Second coming of his ******* father or danicle.... :rolleyes:

****, let's drag out Fabio's stats!

:D

13th, 4th, 17th, 3rd.
average finish - 9th!

Nelsonmania!

:p

That's right beetches.
RIGHT ON!