PDA

View Full Version : Undera needs to be parked forever

rabbit
06-04-06, 05:16 PM
:flame:

cart7
06-04-06, 05:19 PM
He just can't seem to help himself. If there's an Andretti in the car around him he turns into a bigger d***head than he already is. :shakehead

rabbit
06-04-06, 05:30 PM
Marco is absolutely right. If he did it on purpose, then he has no business being on the track. If he says he didn't know he was there, then he has no business being on the track. :thumdown:

pchall
06-04-06, 05:39 PM
If Cheever gets parked, who will Danica blame next week?

Andrew Longman
06-04-06, 06:17 PM

Who will TG fund to fill out the field?

TKGAngel
06-04-06, 07:00 PM

Anyone but herself.

Question for those of you with racing experience: conditions were getting worse towards the end of the race. Cars were spinning out left and right. Why wouldn't the IRL throw a 'competition yellow,' thereby allowing all of the cars to come into the pits and put on the rain tires, likely meaning a safer race for all?

BTW, there sure were an awful lot of fans there dressed as empty bleachers.

DagoFast
06-04-06, 07:11 PM
If he raced in any series I GAF about, I'd be inclined to agree with you! :D

gjc2
06-04-06, 07:14 PM
Anyone but herself.

Question for those of you with racing experience: conditions were getting worse towards the end of the race. Cars were spinning out left and right. Why wouldn't the IRL throw a 'competition yellow,' thereby allowing all of the cars to come into the pits and put on the rain tires, likely meaning a safer race for all?

BTW, there sure were an awful lot of fans there dressed as empty bleachers.

I'm not sure about IRL rules, but in just about every other form of road racing if the race starts in dry conditions, and then it rains, they will have a yellow to allow everyone (who chooses to) to switch tires, but since it was wet at the beginning of the race I would imagine it had been declared a "wet race" so you can stop if you want to but it's your choice. Also that last episode of rain was very late in the race.

ps: that bleacher camouflage outfit is an IRL tradition.

NismoZ
06-04-06, 07:54 PM
I used to think some of you were over the top with the Eddie criticism, but I've never seen ANYthing like that! If people get in trouble for blocking what do they get for attempted murder? Besides forgetting how old he was for a second Marco's analysis was spot on. Time for Eddie to stick to GP "Masters" :rofl:

eiregosod
06-04-06, 08:42 PM
I used to think some of you were over the top with the Eddie criticism, but I've never seen ANYthing like that! If people get in trouble for blocking what do they get for attempted murder? Besides forgetting how old he was for a second Marco's analysis was spot on. Time for Eddie to stick to GP "Masters" :rofl:

Eddie cant even beat the croaking bones in GP masters.

NismoZ
06-04-06, 09:23 PM
True. I was just trying to imagine him associated with anything using the word "masters." :shakehead

Insomniac
06-04-06, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure about IRL rules, but in just about every other form of road racing if the race starts in dry conditions, and then it rains, they will have a yellow to allow everyone (who chooses to) to switch tires, but since it was wet at the beginning of the race I would imagine it had been declared a "wet race" so you can stop if you want to but it's your choice. Also that last episode of rain was very late in the race.

ps: that bleacher camouflage outfit is an IRL tradition.

I've never seen ChampCar or F1 do this (I'm not saying they don't, I just don't recall them doing it.)

Andrew Longman
06-04-06, 09:37 PM
I loved the answer to the direct question, "Did you not see Marco?"

"I waz out one on cold tires and I was focused straight ahead on keeping the car going that way"

Marco was right, "if he saw me he should be parked. If if didn't see me, he should be parked."

dando
06-04-06, 09:43 PM
Jeebus what a wanker. :saywhat: My already low opinion of Under hit rock ****ing bottom. :mad: This jacktard makes 'king Hiro look like Schuey. :laugh:

-Kevin

Spicoli
06-04-06, 10:11 PM
eddie thinks this behaviour is cool. i'm sure fTG thinks this will get fans.

btw - where was ****head Gene today? :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
06-04-06, 11:21 PM
Eddie wasn't at fault with Danica's brainfart, however he was totally responsible for putting Marco out.

Time for the underacheever to get out.

eiregosod
06-04-06, 11:54 PM
Eddie wasn't at fault with Danica's brainfart, however he was totally responsible for putting Marco out.

Time for the underacheever to get out.

how did he get back in the first place?

TKGAngel
06-05-06, 08:29 AM
how did he get back in the first place?

A check from Tony woud be my best guess.

racermike
06-05-06, 10:55 AM

His "mindy" check must have cleared, so this gimmick is up

Spicoli
06-05-06, 01:15 PM
His "mindy" check must have cleared, so this gimmick is up

Maybe he and Carmello figgered out how ****ing stoopid fTG is already.

Carmello: "Yo, Gino, gig is UP, yo"

Gino: "cool, man. Let's Fly like an eagle baby, get us some hoes"!

that whole barrell of ****tards deserve each other. taKE THAT sIZZLE MORON WITH YOU TOO, yo. :gomer:

http://mikami.image.pbase.com/u39/ravine/small/39426145.cd4033.jpg

Racing Truth
06-05-06, 01:25 PM
That was awful. :shakehead :mad: Marco clearly had a contending, if not winning, car, and douche Cheever does that.

Myself, I think Undera just ran out of what little talent he still had, but it wouldn't shock me if it was intentional.

Either way, park his ***.

Andrew Longman
06-05-06, 02:41 PM
According TF, it was Marco's fault because he was taking an unnecessary risk and should have been passing him on the left anyway. And Mickey should be fined for saying Eddie did it on purpose.

I thought it was a sweet move by Marco to take a late apex so he'd exit headed into the next turn on the right line, AND blow by Eddie in the process. Too bad Eddie didn't also know the fastest way around the track.

I doubt Eddie did it on purpose. He was just driving so bad it looked that way. I'm sure his ego is badly bruised. Marco need to do as veterans do. Learn quickly who you can trust on the track and who you should avoid. Eddie looked like the overmatched rookie yesterday.

Spicoli
06-05-06, 03:13 PM
JUST WATCHING THE REPLAY.

EDDIE: "COLD TIRES, MY LINE, I WAS PASSING HER, TIGHT LINE, RAIN, SLIPPERY TRACK, I DIDN'T, I NEVER, I WOULDN'T..."

What a dick. :shakehead

devilmaster
06-05-06, 05:02 PM
i've been away during the day for the past week or so helping a move....

so i've missed both races this weekend.... anyone got a replay on undera to share?

racer2c
06-05-06, 05:11 PM
Why did 48 year old Eddie "I am a racing legend" Cheever come out of retirement in the first place?

devilmaster
06-05-06, 05:22 PM
Why did 48 year old Eddie "I am a racing legend" Cheever come out of retirement in the first place?

Cause he was given a check by tony and the cheapest way to save as much money as he can was to drive himself.....

Plus he's an egomaniac and thinks he's a good driver or something....

rabbit
06-05-06, 05:29 PM
http://raceweather.homestead.com/files/TEMP/tony_george_52778.jpg

NismoZ
06-05-06, 06:58 PM
I'm serious, now...Is anybody saying anything about fines, penalties or sanctions associated with one of the most blatant and dangerous moves I have ever seen on a race track? Perhaps The League is pleased it happened so they can play up the "rivalry" aspect and replay the clips of a smirking Eddie giving the thumbs up to an angry Marco who has just shown him a clenched fist? Took them about 10 min. to edit that little segment. "Sure we know he's dangerous and could end up killing somebody but this could sell TICKETS and increase TV viewership! You know, the brash new kid. The wily (!) old veteran Indy 500 winner...." Sickening. :flame:

RacinM3
06-05-06, 07:26 PM

Wet or dry race, in the event of a downpour that makes racing dangerous, the series should have the right to throw a caution, or even a red flag, depending on the severity of the situation. I'd imagine the IRL has this ability as well.

Re: Marco - I can't stand Cheever as much as any of you. The guy's a moron and can't drive for s***. The fact that his face is on the Borg Warner (it is, isn't it?) is the ultimate proof of the failure of the IRL.

BUT

Here's the deal. Racing drivers need patience sometimes, and they need to know their fellow drivers. Hell, I change my driving style all the time, depending on who I'm around, what their reputation is, and whether I even know them. Marco, being waaay faster, came up behind Cheever - a guy with a history of run-ins with Andrettis - and stuffed his car on the outside, where he KNEW Cheever would be setting up for the upcoming lefthander. Now, he knows Cheever's a moron, yet he STILL puts himself in that position. Of course, he gets hit, and taken out.

If Marco was a little more patient, and set Cheever up for a classic inside move, this thread wouldn't exist.

Well maybe it would, as Cheever really is that big of a tool.

rabbit
06-05-06, 07:40 PM
Here's the deal. Racing drivers need patience sometimes, and they need to know their fellow drivers. Hell, I change my driving style all the time, depending on who I'm around, what their reputation is, and whether I even know them. Marco, being waaay faster, came up behind Cheever - a guy with a history of run-ins with Andrettis - and stuffed his car on the outside, where he KNEW Cheever would be setting up for the upcoming lefthander. Now, he knows Cheever's a moron, yet he STILL puts himself in that position. Of course, he gets hit, and taken out.

If Marco was a little more patient, and set Cheever up for a classic inside move, this thread wouldn't exist.That said, Cheever is a seasoned veteran :rolleyes: and as such should know A)that he's off the pace, B)that cold tires will slow him down even more, C)that a much faster car is behind him, and D)if that same car made a move on him a couple turns earlier, he might do it again.

Like Marco said, if he did it on purpose, he shouldn't be on the track, and if he just didn't know Marco was there, then he shouldn't be on the track.

dando
06-05-06, 10:00 PM
EDIT: Doh! See page 2 of said thread. :)

-Kevin

RacinM3
06-06-06, 02:27 PM
I think we all agree that he shouldn't be on the track. My issue was, having prior knowledge of Cheever's moron status, why put your car in a position where he can take it out? Saying that a guy should know better while your car sits in a steaming wreck against the wall doesn't score any points, and it's no way to get the chicks.

rabbit
06-06-06, 04:41 PM
de·lu·sion·al
1 a : the state of being deluded b : an abnormal mental state characterized by the occurrence of psychotic delusions
see also: Cheever, Eddie

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/25951/

The 48-year old didn't let the opportunity to have a poke at the Andrettis pass him by, however: "The last I looked, I earned :saywhat: the label of Indy 500 champion [in 1998, when Michael Andretti was driving in CART]; those lobbing unfounded accusations at me have not," he said. "I'm not perfect, and neither are my accusers. Let's get back to racing." :rofl: :gomer:

Spicoli
06-06-06, 04:57 PM
de·lu·sion·al
1 a : the state of being deluded b : an abnormal mental state characterized by the occurrence of psychotic delusions
see also: Cheever, Eddie

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/25951/
:rofl: :gomer:

Let's not forget he RAN AWAY FROM A NINETEEN YEAR OLD 5 FOOT SIX KID WHO DOESN;T EVEN SHAVE YET.

Sissy boi :gomer:

Lizzerd
06-06-06, 05:39 PM
"The last I looked, I earned the label of Indy 500 champion..."

So THAT's it! Being an Indy 500 champion (*) makes Eddie a god? GMAFB. This puke irritates me more and more every time he opens his mouth.

(*) It was 1998, folks. Get it?

Wally
06-06-06, 05:43 PM
""Called twice an "idiot" on national TV during the Watkins Glen IndyCar race,""

...... :laugh: .......... :gomer:

KLang
06-08-06, 11:10 AM
Oreovicz unloads on Cheever (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=1&columnist=oreovicz_john&id=2473993)

Pretty harsh. :eek: :laugh:

G.
06-08-06, 11:29 AM
That's an especially important point heading into this weekend's IRL race at Texas Motor Speedway, by far the most dangerous track on the IndyCar schedule. Head games and intimidation don't belong on any kind of racetrack, but particularly on high-speed ovals, where going an inch off-line could launch a car into the grandstands.

At least Marco is likely to be so far ahead of Cheever at Texas that the only time they'll be in proximity to each other on the track is when Eddie gets lapped. :laugh:

RacinM3
06-08-06, 11:32 AM
Ouch! That last remark was definitely aimed below the belt. In response, I would argue that the quality of the Indy 500 field declined dramatically during 1996-99 and that Cheever's Indy win in 1998 represents the absolute low-water mark for the famous race.

And there it is.

At least Marco is likely to be so far ahead of Cheever at Texas that the only time they'll be in proximity to each other on the track is when Eddie gets lapped.

Still no assurance there. Andretti was lapping Cheever last week when it happened.

I can't believe I'm posting this much on an IRL topic. I guess it's 'cause it was a road course and I had it on as background noise in the garage, so I was around when all this went down.

devilmaster
06-08-06, 11:35 AM
I can't believe I'm posting this much on an IRL topic. I guess it's 'cause it was a road course and I had it on as background noise in the garage, so I was around when all this went down.

You feel dirty and remorseful Scott.......

A quick shower to cleanse the body and viewing of good autoracing of your choice to cleanse the mind.

Racing Truth
06-08-06, 12:33 PM
Another repla (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zP_dBGy_yU)

The announcers are amazed at Cheever's idiocy.

Louie
06-08-06, 01:20 PM

At this point TG may be paying him to stay away. What an embarrassment he turned out to be. :shakehead Did you know that these cars could run on the celing?

Spicoli
06-08-06, 02:22 PM
At this point TG may be paying him to stay away. What an embarrassment he turned out to be. :shakehead Did you know that these cars could run on the celing?

I'm serious about the comment - fTG and the rest of these "back in the day wannabees" think crashes are cool, conflict is cool, and those last names are cool.

something tells me his brain stopped in 1984.

chop456
06-09-06, 07:19 AM
Barnhart unwilling to find fault with geriatric Italian hotshoe, Cheever (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060609/SPORTS01/606090444)

Wouldn't want to upset Edwardo and lose one of those field fillers, would we Brian?

New depths of desperation are being plumbed every day. :shakehead

Lux Interior
06-09-06, 07:27 AM

He was a field filler. Ballast if you will :D

I wonder if he has the stones to race in Texas this weekend?

Louie
06-09-06, 12:30 PM
I wonder if he has the stones to race in Texas this weekend?

A semi-retired, pushing 50 hard, driver who wants to race (race?) those freaking high banks has stones for brains.

:shakehead We can't merge this sport and lose as many of those tracks as fast as possible for me.

Andrew Longman
06-09-06, 05:39 PM
Cheever won the Indianapolis 500 in 1998 at the depths of the old race's weakness in the CART-IRL schism. That remains his only major win, unless you count four obscure victories on the IRL tour as significant.

Ouch

Funny read

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/motorracing/sfl-hinton09jun09,0,7228891.column?coll=sfla-sports-motorracing

Louie
06-10-06, 02:08 AM
Ouch

Funny read

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/motorracing/sfl-hinton09jun09,0,7228891.column?coll=sfla-sports-motorracing

Thank you A.L.
After Michael Andretti called Cheever "a complete idiot," Cheever's retaliation was absurd.

"I earned the label of Indy 500 champion," Cheever said, when all the knowledgeable racing world knows he won a makeshift and enfeebled event in '98. "Those lobbing unfounded accusations at me have not."

:gomer:

NismoZ
06-10-06, 10:14 AM
Now he has Helio mad at him at TMS. I guess Cheezer is so slow in the wrong part of the track that Helio chopped him in the pit lane out of frustration.