PDA

View Full Version : BORE-day wins again...

CARTNUT
06-04-06, 04:27 PM
:rolleyes:

This is getting old. Looked to me like he somehow came up with an extra lap.
Or maybe just "Blessed" with extra horsepower. Whatever, would be nice to see someone else win a race. Maybe the brains at ChampCar will figure out what N-H is doing someday. :shakehead

what a drive by Philippe though, and Legge too!

pchall
06-04-06, 05:59 PM
At least he had to work a bit harder for it after going a lap down with that early tire problem.

TrueBrit
06-04-06, 06:09 PM
Just got back from the track...as Mario Andretti used to say "It was like it was painted to the track..."

Ridiculously quick....

Faster and deeper into the turns than any other car out there today....

Insomniac
06-04-06, 06:16 PM
Thnk about how non-Bourdais fans feel! The "highlight" for me was trying to figure out who dropped the F-bomb. That came out of nowhere. As I said in another thread, the championship will be decided with 3 or 4 races left given the way points are handed out.

Elmo T
06-04-06, 06:37 PM
The "highlight" for me was trying to figure out who dropped the F-bomb. .

I thought I was hearing things. I looked at my kids like it was one of them. Played it back on the DVR to confirm I was not losing it. :laugh:

TKGAngel
06-04-06, 06:43 PM
Jeemy looked like a proud papa when Legge was leading the race.

How did SeeBass have the whole field two laps down at one point?

I was pretty impressed by Phillippe. He raced the other cars clean and recovered well from his 'moments.' And his hair looked purty at the end too. ;)

I had to laugh at the end when SeeBass picked Newman clear up off the ground in Victory Lane.

Willam
06-04-06, 06:56 PM
Maybe the brains at ChampCar will figure out what N-H is doing someday. :shakehead

Maybe the other teams will figure out what they're doing wrong.

cameraman
06-04-06, 07:19 PM
The Newman Haas guys know how to hook up a weight jacker - seems his competition doesn't. Bourdais and N-H are not making mistakes - everyone else is making them by the dozen.

KLang
06-04-06, 07:26 PM
I thought it was interesting that the announcers said SB gave some credit to Servia with help setting up the car the prior year.

Philippe :thumbup: Third place must feel like a win to him.

Nice drive by Legge on her first oval.

Mario, what is the deal with him running into Bruno?

RHR_Fan
06-04-06, 07:27 PM
Sebastien just kicked butt today, no question about it. There looked like there were some decent battles. I haven't seen the race tape yet, but from what I saw it was good. I had sooooooooo much fun at the track this weekend. :) :thumbup:

~Nicole

cart7
06-04-06, 07:46 PM
When did Fabio get the "race car driver" implant?

He actually looked racy out there. :eek: :D

jonovision_man
06-04-06, 08:21 PM
When did Fabio get the "race car driver" implant?

He actually looked racy out there. :eek: :D

No kidding! :eek:

Which leads me to believe that NH isn't really untouchable, the competition just isn't there. Tracy might have given SB a run if he'd managed to stay out there long enough to do it.

jono

NismoZ
06-04-06, 08:28 PM
Bored, huh? You must have just loved Schumacher in F-1 then? TB was extremely pleased during that run! :D

NismoZ
06-04-06, 08:47 PM
Insom-So, you don't think the title has ALREADY been decided? That's a good thing, I guess, but point structures that diminish victories just to create year end drama have never set well with me. Luckily it is race victories they all want EVERY race. If Wilson is 100 points back at the finale he will still go beserk to beat the champ. I have always liked the idea of special bonus points paying races (that old "Grand Slam Of Auto Racing" idea at 4 diverse venues) that might give added incentive at 4 relatively evenly split races throughout the season, including the final. Sneva won the title one year for Penske and lost his job because he just wasn't a winner. (PS-couldn't road race, either.)

Insomniac
06-04-06, 09:11 PM
Jeemy looked like a proud papa when Legge was leading the race.

How did SeeBass have the whole field two laps down at one point?

I was pretty impressed by Phillippe. He raced the other cars clean and recovered well from his 'moments.' And his hair looked purty at the end too. ;)

I had to laugh at the end when SeeBass picked Newman clear up off the ground in Victory Lane.

Bourdais was off strategy, so when they all stopped under green he was out quite a bit longer and built up a 2 lap lead.

Insomniac
06-04-06, 09:23 PM
Insom-So, you don't think the title has ALREADY been decided? That's a good thing, I guess, but point structures that diminish victories just to create year end drama have never set well with me. Luckily it is race victories they all want EVERY race. If Wilson is 100 points back at the finale he will still go beserk to beat the champ. I have always liked the idea of special bonus points paying races (that old "Grand Slam Of Auto Racing" idea at 4 diverse venues) that might give added incentive at 4 relatively evenly split races throughout the season, including the final. Sneva won the title one year for Penske and lost his job because he just wasn't a winner. (PS-couldn't road race, either.)

Ohh no, this one's in the bag for Bourdais. It would take an incredible amount of luck for that to change. A lot of crashes or an injury to Bourdais. I just meant mathematically, it might be done by then. Some people blieve you're jus lucky, others think you create your own luck. whatever it is, it has been with Bourdais since he joined ChampCar. FCR screwing up or shooting themselves in the foot have turned the last 2.5 years into the N-H/Bourdais show. Not even Bruno can keep up (when he's not taken out). Wilson has been very fortunate as well at LB and Milwaukee getting past the carnage.

Fitti Fan
06-05-06, 11:23 AM
We're not sure how that happened either. We thought we'd watch it on t.v. to find out, but sounds like the answer does not lie there either. He was a lap down and was coming back, but then was suddenly a lap ahead. I didn't see it happen on the track.

tllips
06-05-06, 11:56 AM
We're not sure how that happened either. We thought we'd watch it on t.v. to find out, but sounds like the answer does not lie there either. He was a lap down and was coming back, but then was suddenly a lap ahead. I didn't see it happen on the track.

As near as I could figure out watching from the grandstand... When Wilson pitted under green, Bourdais put him 2 laps down by the time he got out. Then, when Bourdais pitted, he was only 1/4 mile or less behind Justin going into the pits and Wilson only got one lap back while Bourdais was in the pits.

That's the best I could figure out as it was happening...

RHR_Fan
06-05-06, 01:00 PM

Fitti! I didn't see you. :( Did you have pit/paddock passes?

~Nicole

Andrew Longman
06-05-06, 01:07 PM
As near as I could figure out watching from the grandstand... When Wilson pitted under green, Bourdais put him 2 laps down by the time he got out. Then, when Bourdais pitted, he was only 1/4 mile or less behind Justin going into the pits and Wilson only got one lap back while Bourdais was in the pits.

That's the best I could figure out as it was happening...

That's correct. I was watching play out on RD

I also was keyed to AJ radio for the race. Boy was he unhappy about his car. Late in the race he told his crew to just quit trying to fix it.

And he and his engineer and some very unpleasant things to say about "Speedy Dan" being slow under yellow and on restarts yesterday but also apparently previously too. I couldn't figure out who he was talking about (perhaps the pace car driver?) until I heard Daly on the TV refer to Dan Clark as "Speedy"

Racing Truth
06-05-06, 01:20 PM

After lap 100, I quit trying to figure it out, and enjoyed some good battles. Good job Phillippe! :thumbup: :cool:

Seriously, the broadcast = teh suck again :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 01:22 PM
The only reason they threw that last caution down was to keep Bourdais from lapping the entire field.

PKV pulling a Danica made no sense strategy wise, other than artifically trying to drum up some publicity. :thumdown:

KLang
06-05-06, 01:54 PM
PKV pulling a Danica made no sense strategy wise, other than artifically trying to drum up some publicity.

BS. Teams let drivers that aren't considered 'front runners' have a taste of leading all the time. Occasionally it even works out if the yellows fall just right.

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 02:25 PM
BS. Teams let drivers that aren't considered 'front runners' have a taste of leading all the time. Occasionally it even works out if the yellows fall just right.What exactly do you consider a "front runner" then? She was running in 4th place with the first three when that happened. Yet again PKV chose publicity over racing. :thumdown:

rabbit
06-05-06, 02:27 PM
What exactly do you consider a "front runner" then? She was running in 4th place with the first three when that happened. Yet again PKV chose publicity over racing. :thumdown:
Yeah, cause she had a shot at catching Bourdais. :rolleyes:

Andrew Longman
06-05-06, 02:28 PM
BS. Teams let drivers that aren't considered 'front runners' have a taste of leading all the time. Occasionally it even works out if the yellows fall just right.

True. And she did hold Justin off for a number of laps. If she stayed out front until another yellow came out and it was into another pit window it would have worked very well.

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 02:49 PM
She did catch one of the "debris" yellows for her first stop - and she lost 2 spots in the shuffle. All that strategy did racingwise was cost her a lap against the 5th place car. :thumdown:

Fitti Fan
06-05-06, 04:35 PM
The only reason they threw that last caution down was to keep Bourdais from lapping the entire field.

We thought the same thing. Bourdais was going to pass Wilson to put everyone a lap down. We saw it coming. We thought they should at least pretend to find something on the track.

They announced twenty something more laps and then I saw the white flag. Bummer. But we still had a great time.

Oh and Corkster, you're enthusiasm reminds me of the folks we were so lucky to sit with at the CCIC dinner on Saturday night. :shakehead

Tifosi24
06-05-06, 05:47 PM
Oh and Corkster, you're enthusiasm reminds me of the folks we were so lucky to sit with at the CCIC dinner on Saturday night. :shakehead

I think Cork and I used up a lot of our enthusiasm watching Paul Brown crush some Hershey skull Saturday night. I am not a seasoned veteran of watching races in person, but all things considered Milwaukee is a great testiment to the quality of racing that can occur in open wheel racing, unfortunately when you have a field with 6 or 7 good drivers, of which 2.5 crash on the first lap, it forces the organizers to resort to fictious caution periods. Love or hate the phantom yellows, if they weren't thrown Bourdais finishes 1.5 laps ahead of Wilson.

Legge impressed me in the beginning of the race in that she looked to have decent race craft, albeit with a smaller fuel load than Wilson. I just don't think she is ready for the big leagues, because her pace dropped off a lot in the later stages of the race.

I will reiterate what I said in my review of the race, that the two series need to come together for the future of the sport. A strong field of 20-24 cars would have produced an absolute cracker of a race yesterday.

cameraman
06-05-06, 05:59 PM
Love or hate the phantom yellows, if they weren't thrown Bourdais finishes 1.5 laps ahead of Wilson.

Either that or in the wall. Bourdais was quoted complementing the CCWS officials for keeping the track so clean that he could run wider while lapping slow cars without worrying as much about stuffing it in the wall.