PDA

View Full Version : Dominguez

gjc2
06-04-06, 03:28 PM
Who here thinks the services of Mario Dominguez will no longer be needed at Forsythe Championship Racing? I do. When Jon Beekus asked what ultimately took Mario out of the race he was told to ask Neil Micklewright.

Spicoli
06-04-06, 03:39 PM
toopid mario. part 4281. :)

Insomniac
06-04-06, 04:09 PM
Quite a shame again. I don't think he'll be around in 2007. On a side note, this championship is going to be locked up with 3 or 4 races left. The new points system was a bad idea.

Willam
06-04-06, 06:54 PM
I dont even know how his services were required for this season... :confused:

They guy has long history of stupid mistakes and brain cramps, even from his days in Indy Lights. He's not bringing any sponsorship money to the team that I know of, Monterrey is pretty much out of the calendar for next season and fans in Mexico City go to see the race, not Mario because:

a) They don't know who the hell he is. As popular as AF once was in Mexico, he basically sold every race in Mexico City and Monterrey even when doing poorly, Mario doesn't sell tickets. MJ could probably move some tickets if he can get a ride for Mexico.

b) Those fans who actually know who he is, most don't like him.

He might be 3rd in the championship, but we're talking about a season that has Nelson Phillipe in 6th ahead of Tag and Tracy. Things will soon return to shape and he'll just fade away.

cart7
06-04-06, 07:49 PM
That was a nice 6-10 split he took out today. What a shame he actually took out 2 guys that might've given seabass a run for the money.

and I don't mean Mario. :shakehead

NismoZ
06-04-06, 08:17 PM
GF has a pretty solid "farm team" in Atlantics. I can't believe one of them WON'T get a deserved promotion. (maybe bring along a couple of million bucks, too?) PS-Is that correct? Mario took out BOTH PT and Bruno!? :eek: I was at a family function all day at a house with no SPEED! Got to peek at live timing now and then on a PC. My1st look had Legge in the lead! Peek #2 saw ONE car on the lead lap! Pastorelli was only 13 laps down? Not bad. My prediction was 18! This insanity has to stop. I'm sure I'll see replays, but if true (Mario) that is absurd!

theunions
06-04-06, 08:56 PM
That's three major team-hurting gaffes in four races.

At least he's still doing better than Jeff Simmons.

Insomniac
06-04-06, 09:07 PM
GF has a pretty solid "farm team" in Atlantics. I can't believe one of them WON'T get a deserved promotion. (maybe bring along a couple of million bucks, too?) PS-Is that correct? Mario took out BOTH PT and Bruno!? :eek: I was at a family function all day at a house with no SPEED! Got to peek at live timing now and then on a PC. My1st look had Legge in the lead! Peek #2 saw ONE car on the lead lap! Pastorelli was only 13 laps down? Not bad. My prediction was 18! This insanity has to stop. I'm sure I'll see replays, but if true (Mario) that is absurd!

Yup. Went inside on Bruno, touched wheels and Bruno went into the wall. Mario started to go and he hit PT's rear wheel and PT went into the wall. Looked like Mario was okay, but they shut him down "to be safe".

Insomniac
06-04-06, 09:09 PM
That was a nice 6-10 split he took out today. What a shame he actually took out 2 guys that might've given seabass a run for the money.

and I don't mean Mario. :shakehead

I' not sure I understand. Are you blaming PT? Or do you mean Mario wouldn't challenge Bourdais?

Spicoli
06-04-06, 09:29 PM
I' not sure I understand. Are you blaming PT? Or do you mean Mario wouldn't challenge Bourdais?

>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario wouldn't challenge Bourdais<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Lux Interior
06-04-06, 10:38 PM
May have been a racing incident. He is just a little too agressive sometimes.

I'm sure PT and Gerry will give him a good talking to.

cameraman
06-04-06, 10:40 PM
Mario went up a little, Bruno came down a little...
It wasn't great driving by either of them.

spinner26
06-04-06, 11:01 PM
Dumbmingez needs to go.

Tifosi24
06-04-06, 11:19 PM
It was a racing incident from my spot in the T4 stands, but Mario showed no patience and probably could have got Bruno going into the first corner. It was one of those accidents where you knew it was going to happen when the two started in turn three. MD couldn't have continued with the damage he had, I don't think he hit anything when he spun, but when he tried to turn it around to get going again, he hit the inside wall at a cockeyed angle and likely mangled the suspension.

Jervis Tetch 1
06-04-06, 11:26 PM
Mario's made some pretty dumb moves, but this is the dumbest.

formulaben
06-05-06, 12:46 AM
So Ferandez was right, it truly is "stooopid Mario"?!n :confused:

Lux Interior
06-05-06, 12:56 AM
That was the best - Adrian said that at the Lautzitsring in 2003 I think. They were interviewing him and all he could say was "stupid Mario Dominguez".

Dr. Corkski
06-05-06, 01:53 AM
That crash made my day. I hope they keep him around as long as Tracy sticks around. :p

The only one that had anything for Bourdais today was Jacques Debris. He was the only reason Bourdais didn't win this thing by 5 laps.

theunions
06-05-06, 02:15 AM
That was the best - Adrian said that at the Lautzitsring in 2003 I think. They were interviewing him and all he could say was "stupid Mario Dominguez".

St. Pete, actually.

mueber
06-05-06, 07:48 AM
Gerry,

The following could be replacements:

Michel Jourdain
Ryan Hunter Reay
Ryan Dalziel
Patrick Carpantier
Michael Valiente
etc.

pferrf1
06-05-06, 01:54 PM
I thought Stoopid Mario came at Australia when he barrelled into the pile up without slowing down.

oddlycalm
06-05-06, 05:22 PM
I gotta believe Dominguez is bringing a check to Forsythe to be in that car. Gerry's just not that patient a guy. It's not sponsorship money, but a check from his father maybe...?

oc

Ankf00
06-05-06, 05:27 PM
Don't dumbinguez's sidepods read "mexico" or something? I always assumed he had some cash money.

nrc
06-05-06, 06:31 PM
Gerry has a vested interest in keeping the interest up in Mexico to support his Mexican event(s). Not sure whether that will be sufficient to keep him around if he keeps taking his teammate out.

Willam
06-07-06, 01:46 PM
Don't dumbinguez's sidepods read "mexico" or something? I always assumed he had some cash money.

They said in mexico that it was to atract sponsors from down here, copying what AF did when they put "Visit Mexico" on the sidepods.

I thought Stoopid Mario came at Australia when he barrelled into the pile up without slowing down.

Stupid Mario came from St. Pete's, I think AF was 1st and Mario was a backmarker and took him out, something like that. When Mario barrelled into the pile up AF was taken to the hospital, I think he had a hairline fracture or something like that in his back when Tora Takagi's car basically landed on top of him.