PDA

View Full Version : Tags wadded one up

Andrew Longman
06-03-06, 10:43 AM
Hit wall hard. Looks like the car is toast. Out of the car and alert but being checked out.

Phillipe is getting checked out after his whack yesterday. Any word on if he'll race?

I hope everyone is well and well enough to race.

Rob
06-03-06, 11:22 AM
If there's anybody who can't afford to wreck another car, it's Tagliani. According to this article (in French) (http://www.src.ca/sports/Champcar-IRL/2006/06/01/001-060601Tagliani.shtml), he won't have a spare car available until Portland.

pchall
06-03-06, 12:09 PM
Phillipe is getting checked out after his whack yesterday. Any word on if he'll race?

Phillipe was on track this morning.

Lux Interior
06-03-06, 03:40 PM
If there's anybody who can't afford to wreck another car, it's Tagliani. According to this article (in French) (http://www.src.ca/sports/Champcar-IRL/2006/06/01/001-060601Tagliani.shtml), he won't have a spare car available until Portland.

Tags is my number onr favorite car wrecker. He is always crashing he pushes so hard.

grungex
06-03-06, 08:28 PM
I saw him today before qualifying, he said he was fine, as the car sort of hit twice but neither time super-hard. Three stitches on his hand, no other issues.

TedN
06-04-06, 10:38 AM
More on Tagliani's qualifying woes here (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2006/06/04/1614018-sun.html)

Ted

grungex
06-04-06, 08:41 PM
Dean McNulty is so full of sh** it's not even funny. "After a desperate plea to other teams to borrow a car for today failed that team announced Tagliani was out of today's race." Utter BS. I personally heard one offer of "anything you need at all". That idiot should stay in Toronto and wait for the next IRL race to come there. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Gangrel
06-04-06, 10:06 PM
Dean McNulty is so full of sh** it's not even funny. "After a desperate plea to other teams to borrow a car for today failed that team announced Tagliani was out of today's race." Utter BS. I personally heard one offer of "anything you need at all". That idiot should stay in Toronto and wait for the next IRL race to come there. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

I was at the track, and had a conversation with a high ranking Champ Car official. From my own eyes, I saw parts arive at Tag's garage clearly from other teams. From the official's mouth, without going into details, clearly at least one other team made extraordinary efforts to help get Tag on the track. Agreed about McNulty.

devilmaster
06-04-06, 10:47 PM
That idiot should stay in Toronto and wait for the next IRL race to come there. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Ummm, unless someone saw him at Mke, I don't think McNutty actually goes to the races..... His 'quotes' in the articles always come from other sources......

grungex
06-05-06, 09:37 PM
Oddly enough, he was sitting less than twenty feet away when the conversation I described took place. Too busy eating, I guess...

devilmaster
06-06-06, 05:01 AM
So McNutty actually goes to the races?!?!?!?!? Wow......

I've read his articles over the years and they are almost always wrapups of what other writers have written and published a few days before.....

He reads their articles, and he quotes them instead of actual quotes from people he should interview......

That is one sorry ass sportswriter for a major newspaper.......

TedN
06-06-06, 07:34 AM
Ummm, unless someone saw him at Mke, I don't think McNutty actually goes to the races..... His 'quotes' in the articles always come from other sources......

He was there and interviewed KK as per today's column.

Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2006/06/06/1616714-sun.html)

Ted

Andrew Longman
06-06-06, 08:23 AM
"It was certainly a shame what happened to Alex but remember he had a hard crash at Houston just two races ago," he said. "When I saw the violence of his crash (at Milwaukee) I thought that it was best for him not to race for his own safety even if there was a car available for him."

He can do that? Sit a driver?

Wasn't Tags medically cleared by CCWS medical crew? Isn't that the job of the director of race operations (or whatever its called)?

I'm a big supporter but that seems odd. As the series owner he obviously can do as he likes, but that doesn't look good.

KLang
06-06-06, 09:30 AM
While I am hesitant to believe anything in a Mcnulty column, remember he claimed the merger was a done deal a month ago :rolleyes: , I do like the sounds of this:

"Does Champ Car need unity to survive?" he said. "I can tell you right now that the answer is no."

Kalkhoven said that in spite of the current talks with the IRL -- which he insisted were important -- it was necessary that his group carry on with the business of making sure Champ Car can succeed.

For certain no one can argue against the job done so far by Kalkhoven and his majority partner Gerry Forsythe in taking Champ Car from the depths of bankruptcy just two seasons ago to a viable force in open wheel racing.

"I look at our calendar for 2007 as it sits right now without unification and I can tell you at the end of that season we will be at the break even point," he said.

Keep on taking care of business KK. :thumbup:

nrc
06-06-06, 08:56 PM
For certain no one can argue against the job done so far by Kalkhoven and his majority partner Gerry Forsythe in taking Champ Car from the depths of bankruptcy just two seasons ago to a viable force in open wheel racing.

This contradicts recent rumors that KK now has a majority ownership.

Lizzerd
06-07-06, 12:20 AM
Or, it could mean GF owns the majority of what the minority partners own.

Insomniac
06-07-06, 02:46 PM
This contradicts recent rumors that KK now has a majority ownership.

Maybe GF bought out PG instead of KK?

cameraman
06-07-06, 03:25 PM
It could also be that GF has always been the majority owner. I have never seen an official acknowledgement of who owns how much. It has always been the pronouncements of insiders on the internet.

G.
06-08-06, 03:59 PM
It could also be that GF has always been the majority owner. I have never seen an official acknowledgement of who owns how much. It has always been the pronouncements of insiders on the internet.A while back, when the purchase was made, there was a legal doc that listed all of the partners (it's about 14 or so people), and I THOUGHT that it even showed the amounts that they paid. Or perhaps, my memory is just "improving".

Wished that I had saved it. :shakehead

Anyone else see it? Better yet, saved it?