PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Tires Joins the Atlantic Series

JoeBob
05-31-06, 01:42 PM
http://www.champcaratlantic.com/News/Article.asp?ID=2213

KLang
05-31-06, 02:28 PM
I don't know my Coopers from my Yokohamas. ;) Is this change good or bad or ?

Insomniac
05-31-06, 03:18 PM
I don't know my Coopers from my Yokohamas. ;) Is this change good or bad or ?

I'd say good. Hopefully it will provide a better partnership for both sides (whatever that entials) compared to the previous one.

Easy
05-31-06, 04:17 PM
Cooper also supplies A1GP so they probably suck at life.

racer2c
05-31-06, 04:27 PM
They are heavely involved in two drifting series. Prepare yourself for more 'demonstration events' at a race near you.

devilmaster
05-31-06, 04:38 PM
Oh great....

Now I have to start another thread on what tyres I should buy for my truck.... ;)

dando
05-31-06, 09:25 PM
Go figger. I was gonna suggest this might happen last night in the Yoko leaving thread. Cooper is the official tire (note the correct spelling, Steve :p ) of the Big 10 +1, so they have a decent footprint in the MidUS. Hey, if Herbie hawks them they can't be all that bad, can they? ;)

-Kevin

rabbit
05-31-06, 11:33 PM
Cooper's corporate HQ is in Findlay, Ohio (home of Ben Roethlisberger), just 25 min up the road from me. The Co. has long had a reputation as being a good neighbor to the community, or so I have heard. I went to their main plant several times in an old job I had. Most of their tires are made in the US. In fact, they have just one plant outside the country, in England.

It looks to me like my next set of tires will be Coopers. :thumbup:

FCYTravis
05-31-06, 11:39 PM
They own Avon Tyres, which is their British plant - so they know how to make race tires.

Should be a good partnership :thumbup:

chop456
06-01-06, 01:45 AM
Cooper's corporate HQ is in Findlay, Ohio (home of Ben Roethlisberger),

A certain Ohio native drove me past Ben's new crib a couple weeks ago. The thing looks like an office building. It's even bigger than my house. :gomer:

Easy
06-01-06, 09:40 AM
Cooper probably promised to make better commercials than the one Yoko did with the guy in a tire shop staring at an Atlantic poster and drooling on himself.

Sean O'Gorman
06-01-06, 10:22 AM
Cooper probably promised to make better commercials than the one Yoko did with the guy in a tire shop staring at an Atlantic poster and drooling on himself.

I just want to see a Cooper commercial involving Arnold Palmer, and drifting. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
06-01-06, 11:22 AM
And American brand probably helps the series. It shouldn't but it matters to many fans.

But a domestic sponsor may also be more interested in stepping up corporate support for the events themselves, which is a very key thing right now. Being just down th road, I hope Cooper puts in a good showing at Cleveland next year. Hopefully Bridgestone and Cooper feel a little competitive about their respective corporate support.

G.
06-02-06, 12:01 PM
Very weird. I have NEVER seen a Cooper TV ad, yet I saw their new commercial TWICE yesterday on TLC (I think).

Decent-looking ad, a bit too drifting-centric. The music sounded like Jane's Addiction.

Andrew Longman
06-02-06, 12:09 PM
Very weird. I have NEVER seen a Cooper TV ad, yet I saw their new commercial TWICE yesterday on TLC (I think).

Decent-looking ad, a bit too drifting-centric. The music sounded like Jane's Addiction.

A bit different that the staid Arnie Palmer radio spots that have been running for years. Sounded like he was selling tires for my great uncle's '83 Olds 98.

devilmaster
06-02-06, 12:36 PM
A bit different that the staid Arnie Palmer radio spots that have been running for years. Sounded like he was selling tires for my great uncle's '83 Olds 98.

Check out their website.... Guess someone decided it was time to update the image....

neat song in the flash intro.....

www.coopertires.com

Lux Interior
06-02-06, 10:02 PM
Glad to see an Ohio company stepping in. Let's hope that by next year champcar looks as good as atlantics look right now. Seeing this support for Atlantics bodes well for the future.

SurfaceUnits
06-03-06, 06:17 PM
Wow just in time for the 3fast 3furious debut tokyo drifting :laugh: