PDA

View Full Version : Copa Mundial, Allemania 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

eiregosod
07-09-06, 07:17 PM
Trezeguet was about one inch too high. it was that close.

first final in 20 years when both teams scored a goal

Kahauna Dreamer
07-09-06, 08:25 PM
<nah>

Cam
07-09-06, 08:42 PM
<nah>

c'mon!

Night Train
07-09-06, 11:41 PM
Congrats to the Itais...

Ankf00
07-10-06, 04:47 AM
FOOOOOOOOOOOOORZAAAAAAAAAAA ITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

good god I got drunk, that was ALLSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drink buying ex-pats rule, as do random girls on the street who invite you up to the porch for post-match celebration! :) NYC, Philly & Montreal must be rocking right now, WC02 and Euro04 was so much f'ing fun in Montreal. Dallas sucks. It's the Barry Zito of cities.

ferrarigod
07-10-06, 05:02 AM
I SAID FORZA!!!!!!!!!!!! BITCH!!!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/soccer/specials/world_cup/2006/07/04/italy.germany/t1_grosso.jpg

Forza L'Italia, Forza L'Azzuri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Corkski
07-10-06, 11:31 AM
Forza New Jersey!!11ONE!!! :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
07-10-06, 11:35 AM
http://imagesocket.com/images/zidane29b.gif

Ankf00
07-10-06, 11:50 AM
^^^ I was just about to post that :D

This one will have to suffice...

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20060710/2006_07_09t163613_450x317_uk_soccer_world_final_hi ghlights.jpg

also like this...

http://www.upshizzle.com/gallery/albums/uploaded/zidanesf9ee.gif

Dirty Sanchez
07-10-06, 01:29 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/4/b/e4b3e85c19b55b41b856a2644f63590f.gif

Dirty Sanchez
07-10-06, 01:30 PM
:rofl:

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/6/9/8691b2eb002f26a2c99a034d741ce5c8.gif

Kahauna Dreamer
07-10-06, 01:37 PM
c'mon!
<nah, already posted too many times>

TrueBrit
07-10-06, 03:46 PM
What a crappy match... :thumdown:

..and for the first time in history an italian player goes down after ACTUALLY BEING HIT.... :shakehead

If that eyetie said what he is reported to have said to Zidane he is bloody lucky it was just a head-butt, and not a full-speed Rooney to the 'nads...... :mad:

Hmm, italians best in the world? Not bloody likely, remember these are the same sorry wankers that scored BOTH goals in a 1-1 tie against a dreadful US team, and couldn't put them away when they were down TWO MEN..... :gomer:

All in all a very lack-lustre end to an otherwise very interesting tournament...

ChampcarShark
07-10-06, 03:55 PM
What a crappy match... :thumdown:

All in all a very lack-lustre end to an otherwise very interesting tournament...

I second this motion,

this was one the worst final matchers ever.

It would have been nice to see France Vs. Germany, that would have been a much better match, with a team trying to impress the home crowd and france going for the upset.

eiregosod
07-10-06, 04:08 PM
first time since 86 that both teams scored in the final.

Fio1
07-10-06, 04:23 PM
I thought the Germans were going to go all the way. If Ballack would have shown up, maybe they would have. Italians played very well, and Buffon is so good!

I think Portugal, Argentina and Spain will be teams to watch in 2010. The main guys for the Italians, French and Brazilians are too old now.

I'd love to know what Materazzi said to Zidane. Materazzi is no chior boy, with his prison tats and attitude, so it will be interesting to hear what he said. Following Seria A for a while, I know he did something really bad. Zidane told his manager that it was something serious and that he didn't want to talk about it yet. Rumor has it he called him a terrorist because his family is Algerian.

Ankf00
07-10-06, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't put it past Materazzi to be such a punk :shakehead

But regardless, Zizou is captain and his country's greatest ever short of Platini, he is supposed to keep his cool and lead his team... instead he repeats incidents from his past.

Ankf00
07-10-06, 05:11 PM
Help Zizou Win The Prize: http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

ferrarigod
07-10-06, 07:32 PM
Help Zizou Win The Prize: http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

damn, i was just going to post that

dando
07-10-06, 07:58 PM
Rumor has it he called him a terrorist because his family is Algerian.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldFootballNews&storyID=2006-07-10T163843Z_01_L10406204_RTRIDST_0_SPORT-SOCCER-WORLD-FRANCE-ZIDANE.XML

"According to several very well informed sources from the world of football, it would seem that the Italian player Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'," SOS Racism said in a statement.

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-10-06, 08:02 PM
A brazilian news agency hired a lip-reader and is reporting that he called Zizou's sister a prostitute or something...

chop456
07-11-06, 08:05 AM
http://www.break.com/index/zidane_head_butt_game.html

Insomniac
07-11-06, 08:12 AM
This would be like the U.S. media finding excuses for T.O.

It's funny how people ripped into Rooney, for what looked a lot more like an accident and called it disgraceful, and him a thug. And, Zidane, who's no stranger to going off on people, "there must've been some reason". Really, you mean he's the first person to do something in retaliation? Even the ABC announcers tried not to rip into him after gushing over him all tournament. I mean, if there ever was a time for the announcers to say how stupid, disgraceful, and what a lasting image of his final game would be...

And now, it's all about the Italian provoking him. If someone headbutted another player for insults, every game would end up with 5 players on each team.

TrueBrit
07-11-06, 08:59 AM
This would be like the U.S. media finding excuses for T.O.

It's funny how people ripped into Rooney, for what looked a lot more like an accident and called it disgraceful, and him a thug. And, Zidane, who's no stranger to going off on people, "there must've been some reason". Really, you mean he's the first person to do something in retaliation? Even the ABC announcers tried not to rip into him after gushing over him all tournament. I mean, if there ever was a time for the announcers to say how stupid, disgraceful, and what a lasting image of his final game would be...

And now, it's all about the Italian provoking him. If someone headbutted another player for insults, every game would end up with 5 players on each team.

I didn't rip into Rooney after he had been mugged either....You do realize that the same ref that sent Rooney off (after not calling the mugging OR actually seeing the boot to the nads) sent Zidane off after NOT seeing this incident either... :shakehead

Ankf00
07-11-06, 09:37 AM
http://www.break.com/index/zidane_head_butt_game.html
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=157809&postcount=319

:shakehead :gomer:

Ankf00
07-11-06, 09:39 AM
I didn't rip into Rooney after he had been mugged either....You do realize that the same ref that sent Rooney off (after not calling the mugging OR actually seeing the boot to the nads) sent Zidane off after NOT seeing this incident either... :shakehead
the 4th official saw it and called it, which is legal, I mean it was a freaking head butt... Domenech's too busy blaming everyone else but his own dumbass for not forcing Makelele, Zizou & Vieira upfield early on, thus giving Pirlo, Rino & the wingbacks free reign all half, and then in the 2nd half he didn't bring on a 2nd or 3rd striker when it was obvious Italy had no more legs.

Lippi == 5 Serie A Scudetto, 4 Euro Cup Finals, 1 Euro Cup Championship, 1 Jules Rimet Trophy

Domenech == wanker

Insomniac
07-11-06, 10:56 AM

I wasn't aiming that post at you, or anyone on the board. Just meant the media in general.

And I do know both send-offs weren't based on anything they saw. Especially the Zidane one that was missed by everyone. However, without question, Zidane deserved to be sent off. In Rooney's case, I personally don't think it was intentional at all. I'd love to know why FIFA suspended him for 2 more matches.

Dr. Corkski
07-11-06, 11:10 AM
I wasn't aiming that post at you, or anyone on the board. Just meant the media in general.

And I do know both send-offs weren't based on anything they saw. Especially the Zidane one that was missed by everyone. However, without question, Zidane deserved to be sent off. In Rooney's case, I personally don't think it was intentional at all. I'd love to know why FIFA suspended him for 2 more matches.Probably FIFA isn't run by you and thinks it was intentional. :gomer:

Zidane = 3 red cards in entire career.

Rooney = 3 red cards at age 21.

Wonder why everyone thinks Rooney is a thug. :gomer:

Ankf00
07-11-06, 11:58 AM
In Rooney's case, I personally don't think it was intentional at all. I'd love to know why FIFA suspended him for 2 more matches.because you see this kind of stuff from that fool virtually every other match. I think it was completely intentional, when you're trying to regain your balance you don't move your foot like that. Only reason it's not 5 games is b/c he's an FA poster child.

Zidane = 3 red cards in entire career.uh, try 14...

Dirty Sanchez
07-11-06, 12:02 PM
http://www.soosed.com/images/zidane-hammer.gif

Insomniac
07-11-06, 12:04 PM
Probably FIFA isn't run by you and thinks it was intentional. :gomer:

Zidane = 3 red cards in entire career.

Rooney = 3 red cards at age 21.

Wonder why everyone thinks Rooney is a thug. :gomer:

Good fact checking:

Zinédine Zidane has been sent off 14 times in his career, two more than Vinnie Jones. Here are those red cards in full . . .

Sep 1993: Marcel Desailly, the Marseilles defender, punches him and the Bordeaux midfield player retaliates in kind.

Aug 1995: Slaps Thorsten Fink, a Karlsruhe player, in the face.

Oct 1995: Sees red for a tackle from behind on Frédéric Mendy, a Martigues player.

Sep 1996: At Juventus, sent off against Perugia after two bookings.

Jan 1997: Punches Enrico Chiesa, of Parma.

June 1998: Stamps on Fuad Amin, the Saudi Arabia captain, during World Cup finals.

Oct 1998: Commits a two-footed challenge on Paolo Sousa, the Inter Milan player.

Oct 1999: Receives a second yellow card for diving against AS Roma.

Sep 2000: Late challenge on Emerson, the Deportivo La Coruña midfield player, in Champions League.

Oct 2000: Butts Jochen Kientz, of SV Hamburg, and receives five-match ban.

Feb 2004: First sending-off at Real Madrid for thrusting hand into face of Pablo Alfaro, the Seville defender.

May 2004: Sent off for second booking after a rash challenge on Djalminha, the Deportivo midfield player.

April 2005: Tries to punch Quique Álvarez, the Villarreal defender.

July 2006: Butts Marco Materazzi in chest during World Cup final

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28783-2263995,00.html

Right, Rooney is the thug.

TrueBrit
07-11-06, 12:06 PM
the 4th official saw it and called it, which is legal, I mean it was a freaking head butt... Domenech's too busy blaming everyone else but his own dumbass for not forcing Makelele, Zizou & Vieira upfield early on, thus giving Pirlo, Rino & the wingbacks free reign all half, and then in the 2nd half he didn't bring on a 2nd or 3rd striker when it was obvious Italy had no more legs.

Lippi == 5 Serie A Scudetto, 4 Euro Cup Finals, 1 Euro Cup Championship, 1 Jules Rimet Trophy

Domenech == wanker

Too bad the 4th official missed Figo's head-butt in an earlier game. FIFA has absolutely zero credibility on this one. You could clearly see the Italian players gesturing to the sideline officials to look at the replay screen, which they did, and THEN they called over the ref for the red card. This was a complete farce, overseen by the same Argie-Tool that screwed England...

Insomniac
07-11-06, 12:06 PM
because you see this kind of stuff from that fool virtually every other match. I think it was completely intentional, when you're trying to regain your balance you don't move your foot like that. Only reason it's not 5 games is b/c he's an FA poster child.

I am ceratinly willing to admit I am giving him the benefit of the doubt there. I haven't seen him play very much at all.

Edit--I just see things, and my immediate thought is "that was intentional". I just didn't feel that way seeing it. If it was, a think he did a great job of making it look unintentional. Nothing in that motion seemed awkward. His body was twisting in that direction and it looked more like a step than a stomp.

TrueBrit
07-11-06, 12:07 PM
I wasn't aiming that post at you.

I didn't think it was... :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
07-11-06, 12:09 PM
secret italian training video (http://usa.worldcupblog.org/group-e/secret-italian-training-video.html) :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
07-11-06, 12:14 PM
Elizando should have sent off Lampard, Gerrard, and Carragher too, because obviously he was keeping them in to screw over England in penalties. :laugh:

Insomniac
07-11-06, 12:20 PM
I didn't think it was... :thumbup:

:)

TrueBrit
07-11-06, 12:25 PM
Elizando should have sent off Lampard, Gerrard, and Carragher too, because obviously he was keeping them in to screw over England in penalties. :laugh:

:gomer:

Ankf00
07-11-06, 12:45 PM
Too bad the 4th official missed Figo's head-butt in an earlier game. FIFA has absolutely zero credibility on this one. You could clearly see the Italian players gesturing to the sideline officials to look at the replay screen, which they did, and THEN they called over the ref for the red card. This was a complete farce, overseen by the same Argie-Tool that screwed England...
1. I completely agree about Figo, I don't know how FIFA can say that they can't punish Figo further b/c he already received his yellow, when they can ban Frings for a match where his supposed victim can't even recall ever being touched let alone pummeled. :rolleyes:

2. WC stadii aren't supposed to replay controversial moments, so if they played that replay it'd be surprising. Regardless, the 4th referee & the main referee both say that they didn't see any replays, that the 4th ref saw it, and radioed it into Elizondo once the fracas died down.

Tifosi24
07-11-06, 01:04 PM
2. WC stadii aren't supposed to replay controversial moments, so if they played that replay it'd be surprising. Regardless, the 4th referee & the main referee both say that they didn't see any replays, that the 4th ref saw it, and radioed it into Elizondo once the fracas died down.

The announcers, no matter how pitful they were, commented on how they showed the replay on the infield television screens.

Insomniac
07-11-06, 01:27 PM
1. I completely agree about Figo, I don't know how FIFA can say that they can't punish Figo further b/c he already received his yellow, when they can ban Frings for a match where his supposed victim can't even recall ever being touched let alone pummeled. :rolleyes:

I thought FIFA had video of this?

Insomniac
07-11-06, 01:30 PM
The announcers, no matter how pitful they were, commented on how they showed the replay on the infield television screens.

I think they were wrong (surprised?). It was not shown on the big screens to the crowd, but was shown on some monitors at field level (the ones that we see on TV). Most in the crowd didn't even know why Zidane was tossed out unless they saw it happen.

Ankf00
07-11-06, 02:42 PM
I think they were wrong (surprised?). It was not shown on the big screens to the crowd, but was shown on some monitors at field level (the ones that we see on TV). Most in the crowd didn't even know why Zidane was tossed out unless they saw it happen.
This is why everyone was booing and whistling when Italy gained possession from there on out.

I thought FIFA had video of this?http://youtube.com/watch?v=JwMpaKiRyD0&search=frings%20argentina

someone slaps him then he pushes/slaps back, weakest "punch" I've ever seen, girl fight, absolute pants. You call that a fight?

Now Eric Cantona, there's a guy who knew how to throw down. If you're going to brawl I want to see some Eric f***ing Cantona kung-fu scissor kick karate s***. He pities the fool, and the victimised Crystal Palace supporter I imagine, who I reckon becomes "the fool" in this instance by default. Either way...

TrueBrit
07-11-06, 02:55 PM

I have heard from many sources (including FIFA) that it most definitely WAS shown in the stadium which is what makes FIFA's subsequent statements completely ridiculous. The italian players (especially Buffoon the goalie) were yelling at the officials to watch the screen. As soon as the replay is shown the 4th official calls the ref over and bingo-presto red card to Zizou....

Complete bollocks....

Ankf00
07-11-06, 03:03 PM
I have heard from many sources (including FIFA) that it most definitely WAS shown in the stadium which is what makes FIFA's subsequent statements completely ridiculous. The italian players (especially Buffoon the goalie) were yelling at the officials to watch the screen. As soon as the replay is shown the 4th official calls the ref over and bingo-presto red card to Zizou....

Complete bollocks....
FIFA said the 5th official has video replay available to him but he's not on the ground crew's headset, this is consistent with the replay being shown on closed circuit TV but not the viewing screens. Soccernet correspondent Roberto Gotta also says that no one in the stadium knew what happened and thus jeered Italy from there on. I highly doubt that the neutrals would boo Italy had Zidane been sent off for a head butt.

I mean, it was a kick ass head butt, and his ever present menacing countenance augments the moment perfectly, as does his solid form in executing the maneuver...

But the officials themselves say that the 4th man made the call, he has no access to replays, only the 5th official does, and the 4th official says he came out as soon as things settled down a bit.

TrueBrit
07-11-06, 03:39 PM
FIFA said the 5th official has video replay available to him but he's not on the ground crew's headset, this is consistent with the replay being shown on closed circuit TV but not the viewing screens. Soccernet correspondent Roberto Gotta also says that no one in the stadium knew what happened and thus jeered Italy from there on. I highly doubt that the neutrals would boo Italy had Zidane been sent off for a head butt.

I mean, it was a kick ass head butt, and his ever present menacing countenance augments the moment perfectly, as does his solid form in executing the maneuver...

But the officials themselves say that the 4th man made the call, he has no access to replays, only the 5th official does, and the 4th official says he came out as soon as things settled down a bit.

FIFA is full of crap...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/worldcup2006.html?in_article_id=395114&in_page_id=1892&in_a_source=

Tifosi24
07-11-06, 03:44 PM
I am gonna take the 4th ref, or linesman, or whoever made the call on the headbutt that they didn't see a replay. But why, would you wait 15-30 seconds to make the call on a serious infraction like that. It is like an AR in hockey letting play continue after someone got McSorleyed and the referee missed it. For the severity of the offense, the official who saw it should have immediately started motioning to the head ref to come over, is the 4th ref afraid he is going to be attacked with hundreds of German riot police around.

The neutrals might have been booing, just because, it isn't like the guy Zidane took out isn't any less of a goon than he is. In the end the correct call was made, but because of the time elapsed between the infraction and the call people will be arguing for years that replays somehow influenced the call. In reference to the Argentina, Germany woman fight, was I the only person that saw an Argentina player take a flying elbow into the crowd when it happened. I could have swore that occurred, but it would appear that FIFA didn't see but saw Frings give a love tap to some Argentine.

Ankf00
07-11-06, 03:51 PM
FIFA is full of crap...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/worldcup2006.html?in_article_id=395114&in_page_id=1892&in_a_source=
I'd say the same thing about all the british football press. They never met a story they couldn't over-dramatize into some massive conspiracy.

First the story is that the replays were shown to the stadium, which is blatantly false, now it's that the referees were colluding, when the 5th official isn't supposed to be able to communicate to anyone in the first place because he's not wired into the officials' headsets, now Zizou-gate V3.1.63 is that the 4th & 5th official were sitting there together watching video?

Not that Sepp isn't a bag of hot air, but I'm more liable to believe those whose story has been straight the entire time than those whose story has morphed more frequently than FTG's...

Ankf00
07-11-06, 03:53 PM
In reference to the Argentina, Germany woman fight, was I the only person that saw an Argentina player take a flying elbow into the crowd when it happened. I could have swore that occurred, but it would appear that FIFA didn't see but saw Frings give a love tap to some Argentine. yea, I thought I saw the same thing, also saw what looked like an Argie-bastige jumping one of the Deutsche assistants from behind as well when sportscenter replayed it at the pub... *shrug*

Eric Cantona man. He knows how it's done. :cool: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JAvKXC2ID9c&search=eric%20cantona%20crystal%20palace

Insomniac
07-11-06, 04:54 PM
This is why everyone was booing and whistling when Italy gained possession from there on out.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JwMpaKiRyD0&search=frings%20argentina

someone slaps him then he pushes/slaps back, weakest "punch" I've ever seen, girl fight, absolute pants. You call that a fight?

I never saw it, or agreed with the penalty. Just saying I thought FIFA had video. Guess they did, and that was weak. Certainly can't see how that drops a guy to the ground for a few minutes. Oh well, just adds to the overall ineptitude of the officating. Why would FIFA get it right with video? :)

BTW--They were booing and whistling the whole game. And I've also heard the exact opposite explanation. They were booing even more vocally because they had no idea why Zidane was red carded and thought it was a Rooney-esque job by the ref.

Edit: I see you were agreeing with me.

Insomniac
07-11-06, 04:56 PM

Complete bollocks....

You're right. I do remember some players pointing at something and the ref keeping his head kind of down and back turned.

In the end, I'm most definitely not going to get up in arms about it since the correct outcome was there (red card). But I do understand that the rules are supposed to prevent them from using replays to make calls.

Dr. Corkski
07-11-06, 05:12 PM
If Zidane didn't get the red card, the ref would have gotten criticized for not sending off someone for a blatant red card offense.

Zidane got tossed, and the ref is getting reamed for making the right call but not calling it right away.

No win situation here. The Brits should have just tried a little bit harder in penalty kicks. :p

TrueBrit
07-11-06, 05:20 PM
If Zidane didn't get the red card, the ref would have gotten criticized for not sending off someone for a blatant red card offense.

Zidane got tossed, and the ref is getting reamed for making the right call but not calling it right away.

No win situation here. The Brits should have just tried a little bit harder in penalty kicks. :p

Neither the ref nor the linesmen saw it happen so they would be immune from criticism, they actually have to see the infraction occur, the Brits should have Zidaned the Argie ref for NOT calling the Rooney mugging (which EVERYONE saw) and red-carding him for the bollocking (which he did NOT see but Ronaldo lobbied for.)

The game should never have gone to overtime, never mind penalties, if the Argie ref had actually called the game being played on the pitch. Greg Louganis didn't dive as often or as well when he won all of his gold medals.... :rolleyes:

Ankf00
07-11-06, 05:44 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSDJI2GQnUE&mode=related&search=zidane%20italy

So which Italians are dramatically pointing at the viewing screens again? Rino points his hand outwards with his palm up, but as his head's completely turned away from that direction it doesn't look like he's pointing out anything on the screen in particular rather than making some kind of point. Gigi comes out and talks to Trez, he didn't come out and begin hounding the ref as has been claimed

The 4th official calls over Elizando when things finally calm down a bit and Elizando can escape for a few seconds for a quick word. Was Elizando's performance quality? Hardly, I miss Collina & Frisk. But Version 4.2.5344 of Zizou-gate describes widly motioning Italians & jumbotron replays, 2:54 of intl video doesn't show that to be the case...

Insomniac
07-11-06, 06:35 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSDJI2GQnUE&mode=related&search=zidane%20italy

So which Italians are dramatically pointing at the viewing screens again? Rino points his hand outwards with his palm up, but as his head's completely turned away from that direction it doesn't look like he's pointing out anything on the screen in particular rather than making some kind of point. Gigi comes out and talks to Trez, he didn't come out and begin hounding the ref as has been claimed

The 4th official calls over Elizando when things finally calm down a bit and Elizando can escape for a few seconds for a quick word. Was Elizando's performance quality? Hardly, I miss Collina & Frisk. But Version 4.2.5344 of Zizou-gate describes widly motioning Italians & jumbotron replays, 2:54 of intl video doesn't show that to be the case...

Thanks for posting that. You're right, no one was pointing at a jumbotron.

Ankf00
07-11-06, 09:24 PM
Klinsmann quits Deutcher Fussball-Bund!!! :thumbup:

w00t.

Rumors have Sunil Gulati having already offered him 3x Arena's pay this past week, which is overpaying for an unproven manager imo, but he's bound to be an improvement over The Bruce's arrogance and do a better job picking out youth talent to develop for 2010. Here's hoping he accepts since Hiddink's contracted, Big Phil's probably staying put, and Beenhakker is being chased by Polski & Aussie...

racermike
07-12-06, 01:43 AM
http://www.2vrais.info/zidane.swf

Zidane Simulator (click mouse to move Zidane)

:cool:

dando
07-12-06, 10:11 AM
New FIFA rankings:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373791&cc=5901

US still overrated @ 15. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-12-06, 10:13 AM
http://www.2vrais.info/zidane.swf

Zidane Simulator (click mouse to move Zidane)

:cool:
:shakehead

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=157906&postcount=318
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=157906&postcount=319
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=157906&postcount=322

Ankf00
07-12-06, 10:16 AM
New FIFA rankings:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373791&cc=5901

US still overrated @ 15. :saywhat:

-Kevin
It has us at 16 according to that list, which sounds about right, and around what anyone with a clue would've rated us at before the tournament.

England's more of an 8 or so imo rather than a 5, but *shrug*, FIFA rankings always have been and always will be worthless...

Ankf00
07-12-06, 10:19 AM
World Cup Final beats out NBA Finals and almost beats World Series :gomer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblwc2006usamedia&prov=afp&type=lgns

Dirty Sanchez
07-12-06, 11:36 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/BigPapaRomeo/pic%20gifs/zidane0210as.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/BigPapaRomeo/pic%20gifs/zidane0.gif

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/BigPapaRomeo/pic%20gifs/watchout.gif

Ankf00
07-12-06, 12:09 PM
uh, yo, Dirty Sanchez, me thinks you needs to scroll back a couple of pages and check out what one of your .gifs morphed into :gomer:

dando
07-12-06, 12:48 PM
It has us at 16 according to that list, which sounds about right, and around what anyone with a clue would've rated us at before the tournament.
Right. I fergots they dropped to 5 from 4 before the Cup. Sue me. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-12-06, 01:06 PM
Can't hear you, there's a Julest Rimet Trophy in my other ear :p

Ankf00
07-12-06, 01:26 PM
Lippi & Klinsmann both call it quits, 1 club and 1 country are going to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery happy soon.

dando
07-12-06, 01:29 PM
Can't hear you, there's a Julest Rimet Trophy in my other ear :p
http://www.mountcarmelhealth.com/admin/whatsnew/wnew_uploads/96_Q-TIP_HGHRZ_doc1.jpg

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-12-06, 03:24 PM
so basically Zizou lost his head after some momma jokes :shakehead

TrueBrit
07-12-06, 04:35 PM
so basically Zizou lost his head after some momma jokes :shakehead

Hmmm..."momma jokes"....not sure that is an entirely accurate interpretation dude....

Ankf00
07-12-06, 04:42 PM
Hmmm..."momma jokes"....not sure that is an entirely accurate interpretation dude....
well, I can understand him being pained as his mother is in the hospital, but after the unsubstantiated race card play and various french racial history lessons via the football press, my response is fair.

however, elaborate and/or disturbing insults of your mother, sister, or sexuality aren't exactly a rarity in organized sports, if he couldn't keep his head screwed on at age 34 in the final 10 minutes of the penultimate game of his career, it's his own fault.

anait
07-12-06, 05:53 PM
Yeah, nasty lapse in judgement and self-control...if he'd given himself just 30 seconds more to think about it, he might have kept on walking away. Although, maybe a thought like 'this is gonna be the last chance I have to clock this guy without getting booked by a gendarme, rather than a ref' out-shouted his more restrained ideas for action.

G.
07-12-06, 06:14 PM
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4360/zidaneush5qt.gif

emjaya
07-12-06, 07:17 PM
"If your going to do something that will have you sent from the field, you really need to make sure that the other guy is going to be leaving the field as well".
That's what my old Rugby League coach told me after I'd smacked some loud mouth in the teeth.Nothing worse than watching your team lose from the sidelines after being you've been sent off.

Ankf00
07-13-06, 07:09 PM
yet even more classic Zizou: http://video.worldcupblog.org/videos/68FpcZaNaqI/

ferrarigod
07-13-06, 07:51 PM
yet even more classic Zizou: http://video.worldcupblog.org/videos/68FpcZaNaqI/

not working, try again.

Ankf00
07-13-06, 10:43 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5899/zzgun0km.gif

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/5018/zid228436009f6nt.gif

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8564/d6f3a49a2339b3f55f1f42ba0bf07e.gif

http://www.vulomedia.com/images/16267dkc.gif

Ankf00
07-13-06, 10:50 PM
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2150/zidane20lu.gif

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3966/zidaneheadoff1py7ca.gif

Ankf00
07-13-06, 11:03 PM
http://video.worldcupblog.org/tags/boules/

dando
07-14-06, 12:43 PM
Bruce steps aside:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=373876&cc=5901

Possible replacements:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=373106&root=us&cc=5901

Let's all chant! Sigi! Sigi! Sigi!

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-14-06, 12:58 PM
Sigi? :saywhat:

dando
07-14-06, 12:59 PM
Sigi? :saywhat:
Itz all about the D, homey. Either that or put yer opponent to sleep. ;) :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-14-06, 02:07 PM
"it's all about the D" netted USA all of 1 goals and something like 4 shots the entire ****ing tournament.

this isn't the 80's. catennacio is dead.

dando
07-14-06, 02:17 PM
this isn't the 80's. catennacio is dead.
Nah. History repeats itself. The 80s ain't dead yet, holmes. :gomer:

My suggesting Sigi is purely in jest. He practices the most boring strategerie evar. The Crew = the most boring team in soccer, not the hardest working team as their slogan suggests. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
07-14-06, 03:51 PM
Juve is proper ****ed now :laugh:

Juve: Serie B, -30 points for 06/07
Fiorentina: Serie B, -12 points for 06/07
SS ****o: Serie B, -7 points for 06/07

Milan: Serie A :thumdown:, -15 points for 06/07, and -44 points for 05/06 removing them from Champions League play

Moggi's banned from all football for 5 years :flame: lifetime ban would be far more appropriate.

the fallout: Inter****onale & AS Roma earn the Champions League auto berths, Palermo and I believe Chievo Verona earn the CL qualifying spots

UEFA Cup should include Livorno, Parma, and Empoli

Ankf00
07-25-06, 06:09 PM
I'm never watching Serie A again, despite being a Romanista...

Juve only lose 1 title and do Serie B w/ 17 point handicap, Milan's allowed to compete for a Champions League spot with a measly 8 point penalty, and Lazio & Fio get to remain in Serie A?!

THESE TEAMS WERE COMMITING SPORTING FRAUD!!!!!

F the FIGC and F Italy. What a joke :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
07-26-06, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H2I3CuZxnE

eiregosod
07-26-06, 06:34 PM
I'm never watching Serie A again, despite being a Romanista...

Juve only lose 1 title and do Serie B w/ 17 point handicap, Milan's allowed to compete for a Champions League spot with a measly 8 point penalty, and Lazio & Fio get to remain in Serie A?!

THESE TEAMS WERE COMMITING SPORTING FRAUD!!!!!

F the FIGC and F Italy. What a joke :thumdown:

no surprise that the Arsenal had no trouble beating Juve in the champions league this year.

Juve's dogy dealings to "win" a few scudettos in the past 2 years show that they were not a battle hardened team.

Ankf00
09-05-06, 11:34 AM
"I did not provoke him, I responded verbally to a provocation," Materazzi told the daily Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday.

"We both spoke and I wasn't the first. I held his shirt but don't you think it is a provocation to say that 'if you want my shirt I will give it you afterwards'?

"I replied to Zidane that I would prefer his sister, that is true. I brought up his sister and that wasn't a nice thing, that is true," said Materazzi.

"Thankfully there are tens of footballers who could confirm that much worse things are said on the field," added the Inter Milan defender.

:rolleyes: meathead

eiregosod
09-06-06, 07:24 PM
France beat Italy 3-1 in a European championship qualifier. :eek:

Northern ireland beat Espana 3-2 :eek: :eek: :eek:

chop456
11-08-06, 01:23 PM
http://home.wi.rr.com/chop456/materozzi.gif

:tony: