PDA

View Full Version : Yokohama leaves the Atlantic series

cameraman
05-30-06, 01:06 PM
:saywhat:

The Yokohama Tire Corporation and the Champ Car Atlantic Championship have mutually agreed to end their partnership after the completion of the 2006 Atlantic season.

Yokohama will continue to serve as the Official Tire and presenting sponsor of the Yokohama Presents the Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda throughout the 2006 campaign, but the two entities have decided to part company after the season, bringing to an end a relationship that has lasted for the past 18 years.

The Champ Car Atlantic Championship will feature a new exclusive tire supplier and series sponsor beginning in 2007. The series is expected to announce this new partnership within the next few days.

Full story (http://www.champcaratlantic.com/News/Article.asp?ID=2211)

So... who, what, when, where and especially why?

spinner26
05-30-06, 01:11 PM
why?

C-O-S-T

cameraman
05-30-06, 01:21 PM
It does not make a whole lot of sense to drop out of the Atlantic series now. For the first time in a decade or so they are getting some visibility and they walk away? :confused:

chop456
05-30-06, 01:28 PM
I'll go out on a limb and guess that the new supplier is offering something that Yokohama didn't. ;)

cameraman
05-30-06, 01:37 PM
Yokohama getting outbid? Man, that would be a change.

An open wheel sponsor getting outbid for something...

Hell, two sponsors bidding for the same thing, what a concept.

Insomniac
05-30-06, 01:41 PM
I would guess like most partnerships that come to an end, this one isn't working out well (not win-win for both sides). Either side could've terminated the deal. I'm glad to see something is lined up though.

Spicoli
05-30-06, 01:54 PM
I'll go out on a limb and guess that the new supplier is offering something that Yokohama didn't. ;)

what? money? :gomer:

cameraman
05-30-06, 02:13 PM
Here ya go, spin things really, really hard and you can get:

Kumho signs on and becomes the title sponsor of the CCWS Ansan race at the same time.

Gotta love optimists

edit to add (quoting pressdog):

Everything here is pretty much made up. You know, satire.

Spicoli
05-30-06, 02:19 PM
Here ya go, spin things really, really hard and you can get:

Gotta love optimists

???????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.diecastairplane.com/images/IN-SFU2.jpg

:confused:

cameraman
05-30-06, 02:22 PM
No, just somebody spinning possibilities on the web.

Nothing more than that.

Optimists daydreaming.

Dr. Corkski
05-30-06, 02:55 PM
Translation:

,,,kumho,,,signs,,,on,,,and,,,becomes,,,the,,,titl e,,,sponsor,,,of,,,the,,,ccws,,,ansan,,,race,,,at, ,,the,,,same,,,time,,,

pchall
05-30-06, 03:03 PM
Nobody thinks Hankook? :gomer:

cameraman
05-30-06, 03:04 PM
nope.

There,,, aren't,,, enough,,, hours,,, in,,, the,,, day,,, to,,, read,,, that,,, stuff...