PDA

View Full Version : Mindy odds

dando
05-28-06, 10:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=1&id=2459211

Buddy Lazier and Jeff Simmons at 60-1: One former 500 winner and IRL series champion, one rookie preparing for his fourth IndyCar Series start, same odds. Go figure.

:gomer: :rofl:

-Kevin

Stu
05-28-06, 11:00 AM
Danica Patrick at 10-1: This high ranking proves that the hype of Danicamania has reached Nevada, but it also demonstrates that the oddsmakers haven't really been paying attention to how Ms. Patrick has been running on the track.

I don't get it. :saywhat:

Is the writer saying that 10-1 is too high or too low for her? Is he blind to the fact that she sucks, or is he saying the odds makers are blind?

10-1 seems right to me actually. Just because there will be heavy betting on her side because people think she has talent. Also because there is always the possibility that she gets hooked up with equipment.

dando
05-28-06, 11:18 AM
I don't get it. :saywhat:

Is the writer saying that 10-1 is too high or too low for her? Is he blind to the fact that she sucks, or is he saying the odds makers are blind?

10-1 seems right to me actually. Just because there will be heavy betting on her side because people think she has talent. Also because there is always the possibility that she gets hooked up with equipment.
Oreo is saying too high...she's been slow all month, and the Rawhore team is saddled with the Panoz boat anchor. Buddy is 20:1 by comparison. She prolly belongs somewheres in the middle.

-Kevin

Stu
05-28-06, 11:27 AM
oh ok. good to hear that he recognizes the people of america are stupid and betting too heavy on her.

Ankf00
05-28-06, 11:48 AM
she may have beaten buddy in quals, but how often this season has she beaten him in a session? me thinks her odds should be even lower than his. then again, I sniff glue :gomer:

Fio1
05-28-06, 12:19 PM
Put $100 on Dixon, Hornish and Weldon and if one of them wins, you'll make at least a c-note. Dixon at 12:1 is the best bet!

cart7
05-28-06, 12:24 PM
It's pretty hot there today. Probably hotter than in years. Could be high attrition, especially for some of the front runners.

I'm taking the underdog Panther racing and Vitor for a win.

dando
05-28-06, 04:38 PM
RM's odds:

http://speedtv.com/commentary/25032/

ADDITIONAL PROP BETS

Even money: Gene Simmons sings I Am Indy with the Purdue band and then hits on the Golden Girls.

Rusty Wallace coos about Roger Penske on ABC telecast.

2-1: WIBC predicts the Coke lot is full by 8 a.m. and the race is sold out by 9.

3-2: IMS radio network proclaims it's the largest race day crowd…ever.

3-1: It rains.

4-1: Tom Carnegie identifies Marco as Mario at least once.

5-1: Jack Arute calls Thiago Medeiros one of Indy's greatest success stories in last 50 years.

7-1: There is a unification announcement on Carb Day.

10-1: Vision Racing strategist Tony George forgets the race has been moved back to 1 p.m. and sets his TIVO for noon.

:laugh:

-Kevin