PDA

View Full Version : Seems Fisi was the evil one, not Mikey...

cameraman
05-27-06, 03:27 PM
Renault’s Giancarlo Fisichella has had his three fastest times from Monaco qualifying deleted after stewards decided he had impeded Red Bull driver David Coulthard during a flying lap.

Fisichella had qualified in fifth place, with Coulthard four places behind in ninth. The Italian’s penalty is likely to drop him to tenth on the grid, which will be published by the FIA on Sunday morning, with Coulthard, Juan Pablo Montoya, Rubens Barrichello and Jarno Trulli all set to gain a place.

The stewards accepted that Fisichella’s actions may not have been deliberate, but wth overtaking so difficult in Monaco, the penalty nevertheless deals a severe blow to his hopes of victory in Sunday’s race.

Mikey does not seem to have been deemed to have done anything wrong :rolleyes:

Insomniac
05-27-06, 07:38 PM
Mikey does not seem to have been deemed to have done anything wrong :rolleyes:

It tooke them 8 hours, but he's at the back.

pchall
05-28-06, 07:46 AM
It tooke them 8 hours, but he's at the back.

Eight hours to do the right thing. :rolleyes:

It was good to hear the decision in the middle of the night on the BBC sports segment.

Insomniac
05-28-06, 05:12 PM
Eight hours to do the right thing. :rolleyes:

It was good to hear the decision in the middle of the night on the BBC sports segment.

I dunno, I thought it was a hard call to make. In ChampCar, they'd just dock your fast lap, but in F1, they wipe all your times out. I think given the situation (he was on pole) they really wanted to be certain on the decision.

Funny enough, I think MS put it best. People have already made their mind up on him so if they think he did it on purpose, he can't say anything to change their mind.

Me personally, I'm glad I didn't have to decide, because you're never really going to get solid proof in thart situation. You're playing mind reader. He could've done it on purpose or he really did goof up and turn in early. It sure looked like a stupid mistake. Most people I guess believe he's too good to make that kind of mistake (and hate him for it), so it must be on purpose (because they already don't like him).