PDA

View Full Version : The Italian Job..the PC game..

TrueBrit
01-06-03, 02:02 PM
In case some of you gamers are getting close to burn-out on ultra-realistic sims here's one for you..Someone else here made mention of this little gem..The Italian Job..A British mate of mine got this for me as an xmas gift and I can't thank him enough..It is not as detailed or intense as some of the modern day F-1 sims, but it sure is a hell of alot of fun..Just to listen to the Micheal Caine impersonator talk you through the various levels is fun..and when you make the getaway look out for some fast and furious action..!! It is quite simply a fun game to play with a familiar ring to it if you've seen the movie and let's face it, wouldn't we all like to throw a MINI around like that, even just once??

Good fun all the way around..

Just thought you'd like to know

Cheers!! Pip!!! Pip!!!

TrueBrit

(Member:Self-Preserevation Society)

mapguy
01-06-03, 03:13 PM
I got the game for Christmas also. I am a huge fan of the movie. (Got it on tape but I am waiting for it to come out on DVD).

It is awesome. The farthest I have got is to the stage where you got to drop of the 'big' birds to get Benny Hill to join in. Apparently he makes a 'guest' appearance.

Hell, it is just fun bombing around London in the Cooper.

BTW. TB, do you know the unlocking cheat code? It allows you to use any vehicle and do any stage. Let me know and I'll pass it on to you.

TrueBrit
01-06-03, 03:38 PM
I have made it as far as the Getaway stage..and I keep failing after I cross the weir..I thought Benny Hill was 'Camp Freddy'..you know the one you don't have to worry about running off with your missus..;)

Any codes will be greatly received..and you're right..zipping around London in the Cooper is a blast!!

TB

mapguy
01-06-03, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by TrueBrit
I have made it as far as the Getaway stage..and I keep failing after I cross the weir..I thought Benny Hill was 'Camp Freddy'..you know the one you don't have to worry about running off with your missus..;)

Any codes will be greatly received..and you're right..zipping around London in the Cooper is a blast!!

TB

The getaway stage? Do you have a wheel? I am making due with a stick.

BTW. About the weir. With the unlock code you can select the Cooper and if you keep going around Turin you will find the weir. I have practiced that a few times until the coppers showed up.

The cheat code. Go to the main menu and type in 'ilikeembig' and if you hear a cheer then you know it worked.

TrueBrit
01-06-03, 04:16 PM
I have a wheel that I use for F12k but I'm using a game pad like a PS controller. It works well for me..I found the weir with little problem, it's just that by the time I get to it during the "Getaway" stage my car is so totally naffed from jumps and bumps etc that the other two Mini's I'm following disappear into the distance..BTW it is a looooong stage..as are most once you get to Turin..

Cheers!! Pip!! Pip!!

TrueBrit