PDA

View Full Version : MS wouldn't do that would he?

Spicoli
05-27-06, 09:18 AM
:shakehead

nice fake-out. :rolleyes:

Cam
05-27-06, 09:24 AM
:shakehead

nice fake-out. :rolleyes:

Lying, cheating &*%^&^%&^%*!!!!!

Put him at the back with Massa! Thats sportsmanship at it's worst! :flame: :mad:

rabbit
05-27-06, 09:25 AM
missed it...

Cam
05-27-06, 09:29 AM
Now under investigation by the stewards for stopping on the track and impeding competitors.... Cheating bastige! :flame:

gjc2
05-27-06, 09:33 AM
You could clearly see the understeer from the overhead shot. I would like to compare his approach to that same corner on previous laps.

George

TrueBrit
05-27-06, 10:06 AM
Far be it from me to defend the pointy-chinned, dirty, chopping, cheating bastard, but he got it wrong going into Rascasse and the front end appeared to wash-out on him...

So i'll give him the benefit of the doubt there...but the statement "I didn't know where the other cars were on the track" beggars belief...

I don't think he deliberately got it wrong, but I DO believe he didn't make extrication as easy as it could have been...

We shall see what the stewards have to say about it...

Opposite Lock
05-27-06, 10:15 AM
Watched the replay a couple more times. I don't think it's called understeer when you actually throw the wheel toward the outside. Sure looked like a deliberate lockup.

The facial expressions of the Ferrari crew watching on the monitors was pretty telling, that they knew they got away with it. For now.

FA said he was .3 sec up just before that last corner, but finished .1 down.

Dr. Corkski
05-27-06, 01:16 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

:gomer:

Warlock!
05-27-06, 04:04 PM
:cry: :cry:

Do we have a smiley with Schumi semen in it's eyes?

eiregosod
05-27-06, 05:36 PM
Either schumi deserves to be shown the middle finger or we all point our index finger at him and start laughing.

Lets face it, if a Thiago medeiros went out and stalled at the Rascase he'd be laughed out F1 and told never to come back.

nissan gtp
05-27-06, 06:05 PM
hahahahahahaha

starting last is a place too :rofl:

Schumacher sent to the back of the grid

By Damien Smith Saturday, May 27th 2006, 21:01 GMT

The Monaco Grand Prix stewards have deleted all of Michael Schumacher's times in qualifying today, sending him to the back of the grid for tomorrow's race.

They said in a statement on Saturday that the seven-times champion had deliberately stopped his car on the track in the closing seconds of qualifying, preventing rivals from setting a faster time.

The decision means Renault's world champion Fernando Alonso will now start on pole, with Williams driver Mark Webber alongside on the front row.

The decision was announced eight hours after qualifying ended - the longest deliberation by stewards in recent years.

The three FIA-appointed stewards - Tony Scott Andrews, Joaquin Verdegay and Christian Calmes - said in a statement they have heard evidence from Schumacher himself; his race engineer Chris Dyer; Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn; Ferrari team manager Stefano Domenicali; race director Charlie Whiting; and FIA software analyst Alan Prudom.

The stewards further considered data evidence produced to them by both Ferrari and the FIA, viewed video evidence, and compared data evidence from Schumacher's previous laps in qualifying.

Their findings were: "having set a fast time in sector one, the driver lost time in sector two, arrived at Turn 18 at a speed little, if any, different from his previous fastest lap, and braked with such force that his front wheels locked up, requiring the driver to regain control of the car.

"The driver ultimately did so without hitting the barrier on the outside of Turn 18. The engine of the car subsequently stalled, with the result of the car partially blocked the track.

"Having compared all relevant data, the stewards can find no justifiable reason for the driver to have braked with such undue, excessive and unusual pressure at this part of the circuit, and are therefore left with no alternatives but to conclude that the driver deliberately stopped his car on the circuit in the last few minutes of qualifying, at a time at which he had thus far set the fastest laptime."

The stewards said this was in breach of the 2006 Formula One sporting regulations and have "accordingly directed that the qualifying times of Michael Schumacher be deleted. The effect of this is that he will start from the back of the grid."

The stewards penalised Schumacher under Article 112 of the Sporting Regulations, leaving Ferrari no option to appeal.

"Article 112 enables the stewards to delete any number of a driver's qualifying times for a driving infringement, which decision is not susceptible to appeal," they said.

KLang
05-27-06, 06:12 PM
Should be interesting with MS starting at the back. I'll have to try to remember to watch this one.

Elmo T
05-27-06, 06:35 PM
As my 5 year old daughter might say...

What a dork. :shakehead

Cam
05-27-06, 07:35 PM
w00t. :thumbup:

Insomniac
05-27-06, 07:37 PM
Should be interesting with MS starting at the back. I'll have to try to remember to watch this one.

He'll pass people, but he's not getting close to the front without a lot of help from the safety car.

Why would Ferrari risk getting put to the back? Very stupid move if it was intentional, just puts more space between you and Alonso. And Massa was already doing a fine job of keeping the gap between Ferrari and Renault big enough.

Hard Driver
05-27-06, 07:58 PM
I thought it looked pretty obvious.

1) He took a funny line into the corner in order to line the car up for the "push" towards the barrier.

2) When was the last time Micheal Schumacher could not take the right line into a corner, or stopped on a track without hitting anything. Very unusaul that it just so happened on the last lap of final qualifying when he would destroy his competitors times

3) Then when in the press conference he played stupid that he had no idea he was in P1... Yea, that BS just proved his eyes were brown for a reason.

He deserves to start from the back, the pointy chinned bastard.

NismoZ
05-27-06, 09:07 PM
Sure, I'll watch, too. Not like there's another race on or anything.

Cam
05-27-06, 09:15 PM
He'll pass people,

The Schu is the worst passer in F1...... He has spent so many years coddled at the front of the grid that he has forgotten how to do it...... Put him at the back, he becomes a backmarker......

RichK
05-27-06, 09:38 PM
I'm glad the FIA put him to the back. It looked obvious to me, and trying to fake it by saying he didn't know he was P1.....oh brother. Not to mention the fact that he was able to do it while NOT damaging the car.....the world's best driver did a good job, but not good enough! :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
05-27-06, 09:53 PM
He'll pass people, but he's not getting close to the front without a lot of help from the safety car.Realistically you will need to be about 2-3 secs a lap faster to pass at Monaco, and even with that advantage the #2 driver at McLaren didn't have the balls to make a move on Alonso last year. Then again that same guy couldn't even lap a backmarker cleanly without causing an accident half the time.

Until the first stops, Schumacher will probably get stuck when he gets to the Jack's Bimmer. 6th is possible if Woobens and Trolley holds everyone up during the first stint.

Fio1
05-27-06, 11:07 PM
I just it again and he could have made the corner if he wanted to. Pure B.S! He deserves the penalty 100%.

racer2c
05-28-06, 12:33 AM
Just saw it. It was fairly obvious when it oocurred but to hear him in the post interview was classic. He's a living legend, but the worst liar in the planet.

L1P1
05-28-06, 01:27 AM
Love him or hate him, MS is one of the best drivers on the planet. Why is it that whenever he does this crap, he makes it so obvious?

I was wondering earlier whether it was his decision or his employer's. In retrospect, I think he's purposely carrying out orders in a slightly imperfect way. I can think of at least two other instances like this.

Rogue Leader
05-28-06, 09:39 AM
It was really just plain stupid... I mean he should know with that time he would be at least P2 which is still better than to risk being last. if you're gonna cheat at least make it a little more real, he should have broke the front wing or something!

I actually almost believed him when he said he overcooked it only because pulling that crap off was too stupid to believe he would cheat SO blatantly.

Andrew Longman
05-28-06, 10:17 AM
What are the F1 rules on this?

If it was CC he would lose his fastest lap, no one would have to guess it it was intentional, and there would be no motivation to even attempt to screw anyone elses attempts. Simple.

In F1 does it depend on if it was intentional and if so is the penalty always to lose all your times?

to me it looked intentional and wasn't it convenient that he neither flatspotted the tires or hurt the car?

Dr. Corkski
05-28-06, 12:50 PM
The Schu is the worst passer in F1...... He has spent so many years coddled at the front of the grid that he has forgotten how to do it...... Put him at the back, he becomes a backmarker......Oops. The "worst passer in F1" made up 17 spots this year starting from the pitlane, while #2 only made up 13 spots last year in the best car. :gomer:

Fio1
05-28-06, 05:11 PM
What are the F1 rules on this?

If it was CC he would lose his fastest lap, no one would have to guess it it was intentional, and there would be no motivation to even attempt to screw anyone elses attempts. Simple.

You know I never understood the reason behind that CCWS rule until yesterday. Now it makes a lot of sense and should (might) be adapted in F1.

Insomniac
05-28-06, 05:15 PM
Realistically you will need to be about 2-3 secs a lap faster to pass at Monaco, and even with that advantage the #2 driver at McLaren didn't have the balls to make a move on Alonso last year. Then again that same guy couldn't even lap a backmarker cleanly without causing an accident half the time.

Until the first stops, Schumacher will probably get stuck when he gets to the Jack's Bimmer. 6th is possible if Woobens and Trolley holds everyone up during the first stint.

You almost nailed it. :) Stuck behind Jenson first, then Jacques, DC cuts in and Barichello held up 5 and back.

Spicoli
05-30-06, 11:10 AM
http://www.grandprix.com/jpeg/phc/pmon06/sun/fan1-lg.jpg

:rofl:

cameraman
05-31-06, 04:55 PM
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/2006/mon/f1-2006-mon-xp-1004.jpg

:D

TedN
05-31-06, 07:24 PM
Good read (http://tinyurl.com/o8wex)

Ted

gjc2
05-31-06, 07:52 PM
Good read (http://tinyurl.com/o8wex)

Ted

The officials of any sport are not bound by the rule of law, they officiate for a sport, and there word is law. Race officials do not have to prove intent. If an umpire believes a pitcher intentionally hit a batter he can eject the pitcher from the game. He doesn’t have to prove the pitchers actions were intentional. In the judgment of the officials Schumacher caused the situation, if not intentionally, he could have avoided it.

I think it was intentional.

Insomniac
06-01-06, 06:56 PM
I liked the David Phillips articles better.

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/25494/

It is interseting that they followed the rules to the letter and deleted all of Schumacher's times and then didn't delete all of Fisichella's when he "if, in the opinion of the stewards, a driver deliberately stops on the circuit or impedes another driver in any way during the qualifying practice session his times will be canceled.".

So I guess Flavio had it wrong. Renault can do anything and get away with it. Consistency would be nice. They obviously decided not to delete all of Fisichella's times even though the rules say they should. Plus all the blocking they have let side so far this year.